Point Break (2015) - In theaters December 25, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Point Break (2015)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ericson Core[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Luke Bracey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Édgar Ramírez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ray Winstone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Teresa Palmer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Delroy Lindo[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-07[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young undercover FBI agent infiltrates a gang of thieves who share a common interest in extreme sports. A remake of the 1991 film, "Point Break".[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
4zfbf70df2ySChbsIEjhAC9oXJ1.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A young FBI agent infiltrates an extraordinary team of extreme sports athletes he suspects of masterminding a string of unprecedented, sophisticated corporate heists. "Point Break" is inspired by the classic 1991 hit.
With: Luke Bracey, Edgar Ramirez, Teresa Palmer

pointbreak-remake-firstlook2-full.jpg pointbreak-remake-firstlook1-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the original with Keanu Reeves & Patrick Swayze in 1991.... so... dunno what to think about this reboot....

When Gerard Butler dropped out, I lost a lot of interest in seeing this.

I'll hold any judgement until i see a trailer... But right now I'm ok with just watching the original.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
This is gonna be sh*t just like Total Recall. Why even make a reboot of a classic film, that does t need one! What's next One Flew Over the cuckoo's Nest!!

I don't think the original is a classic. I tried watching it recently for the first time and the acting and dialogue were terrible. A remake could certainly improve on it.

They could've easily made a sequel with Keanu. There was no need for this. Especially when I don't have a clue of who any of the stars are. ... Just looked on IMDb. Not sure why they felt the need to cast two unknown dudes in an unneeded reboot as two characters that were played to perfection by Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves less than 25 years ago.

"Can't have you walking through those doors with your dick in your hand, right?!" :rofl:

So your point is? I am guessing the fact that you only just watched this for the first time recently has something to do with your disappointment in it. I remember this when I was at high school in the 90's and loving it! I personally consider it a classic of its time.

"Can't have you walking through those doors with your dick in your hand, right?!" :rofl:

So your point is? I am guessing the fact that you only just watched this for the first time recently has something to do with your disappointment in it. I remember this when I was at high school in the 90's and loving it! I personally consider it a classic of its time.

My point is still that I think the acting and dialogue (not necessarily in this scene but in others) are bad, and a remake could improve in those areas. I didn't watch it at a young age so that definitely affects my opinion.

This had to be watched on original release to understand it properly. Time and a place. This is a true cult classic with endlessly quotable lines. Hell they already remade it changing cars for surfboards in The Fast And Furious 1.

Remaking this is beyond stupid.

Reactions: meth head
My point is still that I think the acting and dialogue (not necessarily in this scene but in others) are bad, and a remake could improve in those areas. I didn't watch it at a young age so that definitely affects my opinion.

interestingly enough while I dont agree with you on this ... I have had this exact same feeling on other movies. I think some movies age better than others (course we've heard that before) but more so in regards to dialogue. I find it interesting how you can watch a NEW time period piece and it appears tho of the times... and then an older one can feel dated. Perhaps its all about the technological advancements in editing and cameras and so forth ... strolling far off topic but point being I get what you are saying in general but I too watched this for the first time when the steelbook first released from Zavvi and thought it was awesome and totally understood the hype. On the other hand I thought Alien was a bore, but I too also missed that one growing up.

On the other hand I thought Alien was a bore, but I too also missed that one growing up.
I'm with you on this one. Missed Alien when it was first out, only watched it 1-2 years ago and found it "ok". But Aliens on the other hand... WOW! Perfect Science-Fiction/Action movie that aged pretty well!