Nov 26, 2017
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: 65 (2022)

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Scott Beck, Bryan Woods

Cast: Adam Driver, Ariana Greenblatt, Chloe Coleman

Release: 2022-05-13

sixty_five.jpeg

Dinosaurs in Space, why's it taken until 2023 for that to be a thing? :LOL::rofl:

Doing it before that's where they take the Jurassic World franchise next :naughty:

Reactions: kaw
I know its not the "same", but watching this makes me want to re-watch Outlander.
Not the tv series. But the Jim Caviezel movie. Freakin Love that one.

YES!!!!
I love it when a movie you had no clue about comes out of nowhere and becomes your most anticipated upcoming film. THIS LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!

Out of nowhere ? I told you about this in May 25, 2021... :naughty:

Man... This movie had so much potential (and maybe my expectations were too high going into it) but sadly I left the theater a little disappointed.

There are some fun action scenes and jump scares but not everything worked for me. Even the creature design of the dinosaurs felt off for me.
I was really rooting for this one but a new classic this is not.

Man... This movie had so much potential (and maybe my expectations were too high going into it) but sadly I left the theater a little disappointed.

There are some fun action scenes and jump scares but not everything worked for me. Even the creature design of the dinosaurs felt off for me.
Ah man, that's too bad, I was actually gonna crawl outta my cave and go see this but I guess I'll wait to watch it on a streaming service later down the path. :dunno:

Not too surprised tbh... trailers honestly didn't do much for me.

Yeah I agree. It seems like an interesting concept but I kept finding myself get bored in an hour and a half movie. I think it just comes down to execution. Look at the Last of Us, it’s a similar concept of two people on a journey just executed much better.

Reactions: 3Maters and kaw
So it's Planet of the Apes in reverse, and with dinosaurs.
There was a time, when any pitch, plus 'and with dinosaurs' meant a cool movie.
I just think the main actor was miscast here. He's not a leading man of any kind, especially not in an action film.

Ah man, that's too bad, I was actually gonna crawl outta my cave and go see this but I guess I'll wait to watch it on a streaming service later down the path. :dunno:
I don't want my review to discourage you from seeing it. There are fun moments and some scenes are worth seeing on the big screen. Maybe wait for a cheap night or matinee?

Yeah I agree. It seems like an interesting concept but I kept finding myself get bored in an hour and a half movie. I think it just comes down to execution. Look at the Last of Us, it’s a similar concept of two people on a journey just executed much better.
Totally. The relationship between Him and the girl didn't work that well. The language barrier felt exhausting to deal with. If they were able to communicate with each other it actually might have made a better movie.

So it's Planet of the Apes in reverse, and with dinosaurs.
There was a time, when any pitch, plus 'and with dinosaurs' meant a cool movie.
I just think the main actor was miscast here. He's not a leading man of any kind, especially not in an action film.
Actually. I would say Adam Driver was the best part of this thing. But thats me.

Funny thing is, (and slight spoiler alert) there is zero explanation on how they traveled 65 Million years in the past. I feel like they made this movie and it was called called something else, and the story has them crash on some alien planet that just happens to have Dinosaurs on it... But then some studio person goes "Plot Twist! What if this was earth, but 65 million years in the past... and we can call it 65!!!". Because if they didn't have the title card with extra text (that shows up 30 mins into the film) there is no way we would know this was earth.

I too was surprised at how boring and lifeless the whole film was. Even at 90 mins it feels punishingly long. Even going in with low expectations and just wanting a silly popcorn movie, I left disappointed. Skip this one.

Reactions: vexred
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database