Hacksaw Ridge - In theaters November 4, 2016

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Hacksaw Ridge (2016)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Mel Gibson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Andrew Garfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vince Vaughn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Teresa Palmer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Worthington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Griffiths[/ACTOR]

Plot: WWII American Army Medic Desmond T. Doss, who served during the Battle of Okinawa, refuses to kill people and becomes the first Conscientious Objector in American history to win the Congressional Medal of Honor.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
hacksaw-ridge-poster-small-jpg.249531
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Link : documentary of the true events HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Mel Gibson has character flaws but nobody can deny that hes a very good actor and director.
I think of him as I think of Roman Polanski.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Got a chance to see this tonight with a Q&A afterwards with Andrew Garfield. Very humble guy with alot of insight into how he tries to understand his character.

Hacksaw Ridge is a really great movie; and for better or worse, it's much more than just a war movie. The movie is part family drama, part 40's romance, part Full Metal Jacket, part A Few Good Men with of course part Saving Private Ryan. There isn't a ton of action in the beginning, but it's mostly to help build the central character of Desmond (played by Garfield) out and to get to know the supporting characters and Desmond's fellow comrades.

Garfield gives an superb performance as Desmond and helps us understand why his character is strong strict in his personal beliefs. Vince Vaughn is very entertaining in his supporting role and Teresa Palmer gives a predictable, but sweet performance. Luke Bracey made up for the awful Point Break remake with a better performance here and Hugo Weaving was solid as well.

The action scenes are very brutal and intense when it comes. This is a hard R movie with lots of gore, but not to the point of excessive in my opinion. There were a few spotty cgi spots, but nothing that impaired my enjoyment of the movie. I would have liked a tad bit more background into how Desmond got so good at being a medic with seemingly little direct war experience, but again, that didn't hinder this movie much. The film direction is great by Mel Gibson and I was very impressive how well he directed all the seemingly chaotic war scenes.

Hacksaw Ridge has alot of heroic moments, emotion and heart which makes it a movie worth seeing. 4 1/2 out of 5 Ninjas; highly recommended.

The action scenes are very brutal and intense when it comes. This is a hard R movie with lots of gore, The film direction is great by Mel Gibson and I was very impressive how well he directed all the seemingly chaotic war scenes.
Just the way I like it. :happy:

Just got out from seeing this and I've got to say it is a great film. I wouldn't say it is as good as the likes of Band of Brother, Saving Private Ryan, or Black Hawk Down but it is definitely in that tier of war film. I would give it an 8.5 of 10