bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Sully (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Clint Eastwood[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Hanks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Linney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jerry Ferrara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Eckhart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Autumn Reeser[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Holt McCallany[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Bauer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Huntington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max Adler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lynn Marocola[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Doris McCarthy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Purva Bedi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Justin Michael Woods[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Curry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Blake Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Grant Roberts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marc Chouen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Lundy Wheale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kamron Leal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Lundy Wheale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Graham Sibley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Joseph Donlan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shaun Rey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy McInnis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kelly L. Moran[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kyle Julian Graham[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-09-09[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The story of Chesley Sullenberger, who became a hero after gliding his plane along the water in the Hudson River, saving all of his 155 passengers.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
43Gr00IiZtq2dOtYZQVOTwMf3kI.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: ComingSoon.net
SullyBar640.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures has just released the first Sully trailer, offering a look at the upcoming biopic of Captain “Sully” Sullenberger starring Academy Award winner Tom Hanks (Bridge of Spies, Captain Phillips) in the title role. Directed by fellow Academy Award winner Clint Eastwood (American Sniper, Million Dollar Baby), the Sully movie hits the big screen September 9.

On January 15, 2009, the world witnessed the “Miracle on the Hudson” when Captain Sully glided his disabled plane onto the frigid waters of the Hudson River, saving the lives of all 155 aboard. However, even as Sully was being heralded by the public and the media for his unprecedented feat of aviation skill, an investigation was unfolding that threatened to destroy his reputation and his career.

Sully also stars Aaron Eckhart (Olympus Has Fallen, The Dark Knight) as Sully’s co-pilot, Jeff Skiles, and Oscar nominee Laura Linney (The Savages, Kinsey) as Sully’s wife, Lorraine Sullenberger.
popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer reminded me a lot of Zemeckis' film Flight with Denzel, which I loved personally. Will definitely be checking this out!

MY QUICK REVIEW OF THE FILM (Some spoilers... but not really because this is a very well known true story)

Just got back from seeing this in IMAX.
Probably the main reason why I went was because this is one of the first feature films to be shot almost entirely with IMAX cameras... And I'm trying to figure out why? Yes, the main part of the story with the plane worked well for it, and the beautiful shots of New York were only magnified in the expanded ratio. But a lot of the film was just them talking in boardrooms or hotel rooms, I can't help but think of how unnecessary it was for these scenes.

The only other problem I had with the film is the way the story was told. We jump back and forth to that day, getting slightly different perspectives. But by the end you feel like you've seen the same thing over and over and over.

Don't get me wrong. The movie is good. And Tom Hanks is great. There are times where I forgot he was Tom Hanks. Such an amazing actor. And the man he is playing is a true hero.

Sully gets a 7/10 from me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and kbr1656
I thought this was great. No surprise, but Tom Hanks was masterful. The structure did not really bother me, but then again I was prepared for it.