J.J. Abrams: A Portal Movie Announcement Is Coming Soon

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
J.J. Abrams has confirmed the Portal and Half Life movies are still in development, and we can expect a Portal announcement "fairly soon".

Speaking to IGN on the Westworld red carpet (Abrams produces the HBO show), the filmmaker said both films were "still very much in development".

"We have a meeting coming up next week with Valve, we’re very active, I’m hoping that there will be a Portal announcement fairly soon", said Abrams.

When we asked if the movies would follow on from the story-lines that already exist in the games, Abrams kept his cards close to his chest.

"We are having some really interesting discussions with writers, many of whom...once you said you’re doing a movie or show about a specific thing that is a known quantity you start to find people who are rabid about these things. As someone who loves playing Half Life and Portal, what’s the movie of this, it’s incredible when you talk to someone who just ‘gets’ it, it’s like, oh my god, it’s really the seed for this incredible tree you’re growing."

Movies based on the Valve games were announced during DICE 2013, but there hasn't been information on the projects since.

Via IGN

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut
Add a new Video Game movie to the Bonfire.....
2wco16s.jpg

Reactions: Drum18
One surely surely has to become a huge success. and not just a film with a decent cult following.

Maybe this is the chosen one.............................

Warcraft was okay.
And no, don't think I'm Chinese just because i liked it :rofl:
The best Video Game movie ever made wasn't even adapted from a video game:
EDGE OF TOMORROW.
(It employs all the mechanics and logic of a great video game).

....Oh, and @AlienKing likes WARCRAFT and is Chinese.....
:rolleyes:

Last edited: