Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: July 18, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: $36.99 CDN

kong.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Its going to be hard for them to go wrong on the art for this. Almost every poster looked amazing. I'm sure the steel will look great!

Great news @Drum18! :thumbs:

As a steelbook collector from Canada, I feel like we are so far behind now that Futureshop is out of the picture. We have been getting significantly lesser announcements since FS officially ceased their operations. And when we do get an announcement, Canada is nearly always the last. I am even more frustrated that BestBuy Canada doesn't even offer the same catalogue the US counterpart does.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17 and MerlinT
Great news @Drum18! :thumbs:

As a steelbook collector from Canada, I feel like we are so far behind now that Futureshop is out of the picture. We have been getting significantly lesser announcements since FS officially ceased their operations. And when we do get an announcement, Canada is nearly always the last. I am even more frustrated that BestBuy Canada doesn't even offer the same catalogue the US counterpart does.
Plus lesser and lesser stock allocation..

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17 and Dan
Plus lesser and lesser stock allocation..

Yes, I forgot to include that. I was trying to contain my recent disappointment with Assassin's Creed. I missed the preorder because I was hoping to come into the store and inspect the finish prior to purchasing, but it has been quite a few weeks now and I have never seen a single copy on the shelves nor restock online.

Wow, I am SO MAD about this artwork!!!

Nice! Its going to be hard for them to go wrong on the art for this. Almost every poster looked amazing. I'm sure the steel will look great!

Not because I don't like the image... but because how poor of a photoshop job they did on it. How did this happen!?
Here is the original:
artworks-000211709809-pxk1a7-t500x500.jpg

Now if you notice on the steelbook. They photoshopped Kong to be "Darker" in the image, probably to stand out more.

Problem with that is. The lighter shades make it further away and give scale (or depth). So now that mountain in front of Kong, looks like its behind him!!!!
So now Kong has NO LEG and it looks like we can see an outline of his junk...

How did they miss this!? idiots.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
Wow, I am SO MAD about this artwork!!!

Not because I don't like the image... but because how poor of a photoshop job they did on it. How did this happen!?
Here is the original:
artworks-000211709809-pxk1a7-t500x500.jpg

Now if you notice on the steelbook. They photoshopped Kong to be "Darker" in the image, probably to stand out more.

Problem with that is. The lighter shades make it further away and give scale (or depth). So now that mountain in front of Kong, looks like its behind him!!!!
So now Kong has NO LEG and it looks like we can see an outline of his junk...

How did they miss this!? idiots.
Geez man... what is seen can't be unseen... damn...

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
@kaw I wish I hadn't read your post man.. You gave a mad but valid observation. Regrettably, that info will be forever stuck in my head whenever I glance to this steelbook from this point forward. :facepalm:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
@kaw I wish I hadn't read your post man.. You gave a mad but valid observation. Regrettably, that info will be forever stuck in my head whenever I glance to this steelbook from this point forward. :facepalm:

Now i'm starting to feel bad. Sorry @Dan
I'm a graphic designer for work, I can't let something like this pass! ...Hopefully it wont look so bad in person.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan