IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
best-boxset.png

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

shop logo.png

Nominate in all 2018 categories!

Best Standalone SteelBook (artwork, finish, embossing/debossing)
Best Full Slip
Best Lenticular
Best Overall SteelBook Package (extras included such as discs, booklets, cards etc)
Best Retailer
Hey Ninjas!

Some great SteelBook Boxsets were released in 2018. As it's customary, it's time to share your favorites in the SteelBook collectibles category for 2018, in our 8th annual member nominate your Best Boxset.

After the nomination period ends around mid January 2019, the individual voting poll threads for each category will be opened after we tally the nominations by category, and you will be able to vote until end of January, 2019. The winners will be announced early February.

Any Steelbooks that were completely released, shipped and in the hand of customers by December 31, 2018 are eligible.

Please nominate your 3 favorite picks in each category and respond with your selections in your reply in this thread.

Feel free to use pictures, to share with fellow Ninjas why you've made that choice.

Voting closes end of January, 2019.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Kimchidvd Hacksaw Ridge Special Box
-Superlative design work went into this stunning box set, from the graphic design element to the materials used.

Manta Lab The Shape Of Water One Click

The Blu/Kimchidvd Wind River Special Box

Reactions: keeyoung02
Justice League (Manta Lab) - due completely to the metal JL badge

Coco (Blufans) - nicest of Blufans boxes this year imo

Atomic Blonde (Kimchi/The Blu Collection) - ......... only joking :p

EDIT: Was Manta Labs Fight Club this year? I don't own it but that silicone case looked fantastic

Last edited:
The Greatest Showman (Manta Labs)
Ready Player One (Hdzeta)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blufans)

A bit hard category for me to judge since I don’t buy many boxsets. Next year it might be triple The Dark Knight though. :p

• Blufans Beauty & the Beast
  • Manta The Shape of Water
  • Manta Ready Player One

The Shape of Water Manta Lab(This is definitely my favorite boxset of this year)
The Greatest Showman Manta Lab(The creativity of the design amazes me a lot)
Wind River Kimchi/The Blu

I usually don't buy Box Sets, but I got a few empty ones this year (thanks @Radagast), so here's my very select ranking:
  1. The Greatest Showman - Manta Lab
  2. Rogue One - Blufans * [this one wasn't empty]
  3. Ex Machina - Manta Lab

* = Does it count for the 2018 tally? It wasn't released until early January 2018, so I suppose it's fine? @Apollon

Reactions: Radagast
Fight Club Manta lab

Ex Machina Manta lab

Shape of Water Manta lab
Yeah, I think Manta Lab have nailed the art of the one click. The thing that sets them apart is the variation and the use of different materials. You can sense the designers over there are having a ball coming up with the finished product. And good on them for doing so.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Status
Not open for further replies.