Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: A Star is Born

Genre: Drama, Music, Romance

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Andrew Dice Clay, Dave Chappelle, Rebecca Field, Michael Harney, Rafi Gavron, Willam Belli, Barry Shabaka Henley, Alec Baldwin, Halsey

Release: 2018-09-28

Plot: A movie star helps a young singer/actress find fame, even as age and alcoholism send his own career into a downward spiral.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
buz506hPSQVR26ZpcHjuA830iAS.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

I really am getting fed up with this remake crap. Judy Garland and James Mason must be turning in their graves.... (and yes I know that was a remake but at least it was a superior film to the original!)

Wow very quiet thread, guess the fact there's no superheroes involved is the reason for that :p

Just got back from seeing it and boy was I disappointed

One of the big selling points of the film was how interesting Gaga looked not playing her normal persona and yet that only lasts as long as the first act, I hoped based on the trailers this would be a much smaller contained intimate story but once Ally had been 'discovered' and became a pop star and started learning dance moves and dying her hair I just became completely disconnected with her character. I guess given when we meet Coopers character he's already a big star himself it was always going to be difficult to not take the film where it goes but meh I still hoped otherwise

Very similar ultimately to La La Land only with a less extreme final act and that film pissed me off with its ending as well

EDIT: having done some post viewing reading up on the film I didn't actually realise this is actually a remake of a film that's been done 3 or 4 times already so I guess to many the plot wouldn't have been a surprise at all :facepalm:

Last edited:
My wife was in tears as well, I really am gutted that I never got the same emotional attachment to the characters as a lot of others seemingly did :(

Finally saw it this weekend. I liked it, but I was a little overhyped IMO.
I thought the first half of the film was fantastic... and the last half I didn't like as much.
Some of the same thoughts as @tommyh84. When She goes all POP star. It lost me. She went from someone who I was rooting for to someone who I didn't care about.

I still thought it was very well acted. Cooper does an amazing job and I really enjoyed the songs too.

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database