Mondo A CLOCKWORK ORANGE by Boris Pelcer

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
We're beyond excited to revisit one of our favorite films with one of our favorite artists. Boris Pelcer's unsettling take on Stanley Kubrick's A CLOCKWORK ORANGE really reminds us all how terrifying that film is, even if just below the surface. Another stunning illustration from Boris, and we can't wait to work with him more.

"For some people their art is crafting words, for me my art is crafting images. Personally, I find it hard to describe an image that was crafted because it is capable of describing what words cannot. Thus, I often feel that when I begin to write about my artwork, that the words I choose begin to take away from the subtleties and layered symbolism that I carefully craft in my visual work.
"Stanley Kubrick was notorious for not doing interviews. He wanted people to enjoy his movies, his art form, and connect with his work on a personal level. He did not want the viewers to be influenced by his description of what his movies are supposed to mean. He simply let his movies take on whatever meaning it had for the viewer. Likewise, rather than describing my interpretation of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, I want the poster to speak for itself and let the viewers connect with it without the influence of my words." -Boris Pelcer

This poster will be available on Thursday (1/31) at a random time via mondotees.com.

q.jpg

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE by Boris Pelcer. 24"x36" screenprinted poster. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by DL Screenprinting. Expected to Ship in March 2019. Ships to Addresses in US and Japan Only. $60