Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: A Ghost Story (2017)

Genre: Drama

Director: David Lowery

Cast: Casey Affleck, Rooney Mara, Will Oldham, Liz Franke, Sonia Acevedo, Carlos Bermudez, Yasmina Gutierrez, Brea Grant, Augustine Frizzell, David Lowery, Kesha Rose Sebert, Rob Zabrecky, Grover Coulson, Kenneisha Thompson, McColm Sephas Jr., Barlow Jacobs

Release: 2017-01-22

Runtime: 87

Plot: This is the story of a ghost and the house he haunts.

Last edited by a moderator:
T*sser!

Lol

I just knew you were going to hate it. The point was witnessing the loneliness of a ghost and how they perceive time. I thought it was genius

It's similar to some of the ideas I come up with lol. Second it ended I thought to myself I would of love to written that. Haha we are so different

Funnily enough I was going to say the pie part was one of my favourite scenes lol. But just in case I put too much in my spoiler i left it out. She's literally abusing that pie lol and was eating it until she was sick. Great scene. I didn't even notice him watching her until half way through that scene, that's how engrossed I was with her lol

Yeah I shazzamed that song. Really good song

Then it must of left an impression for you to come back and say that. Must be thinking about it and starting to change your mind :LOL:

What about when he goes back to the past and looks up and the family had been killed, then looks again and she's decaying, then again and she's bones. And like when he's walking round the house and every room he walks into is a different month. Loved all that.
just made me think that if ghosts were real then time must be like that for them.
It's your fault! You jinx films for me when you say you like them. :p

I got what the whole pie scene meant, but for me it was dragged out way too long. As for the point of the whole film... is that really it? Because that was pretty obvious to me and wasn't anything mind-blowing... I was expecting something really deep/meaningful lol.

Haha nah, I've already forgotten about the film to be honest... I just got so carried away with telling you why I disliked it that I forgot to say how I couldn't help but think of how much it reminded me of Malick's work, plus the fact that I always eventually give films a second chance, even if I absolutely hate them! Good example is Malick's The Tree of Life... hated that the first time I saw it, then watched it again a few years later and fell in love with it.

Um yeah, those scenes were ok I guess... nothing I haven't seen before in films though (lol sorry).

Warning to @Noodles - never attempt to watch
Jeanne Dielman, 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles.
(Or The Fifth Continent);)
(Films that spend the bulk of their time on the banal, so thay their shocking endings have more shocking value. Jeanne Dielman is 3 1/2 hours of this! - I guess the idea being: A brutal act will be a huge shock after watching someone eat, sleep, and do nothing for two hours!)*

I GET the narrative mechanics at play and their purpose - I just don't care for it.
Never heard of those, but I'll take your word for it and give them a pass lol. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
It's your fault! You jinx films for me when you say you like them. :p

I got what the whole pie scene meant, but for me it was dragged out way too long. As for the point of the whole film... is that really it? Because that was pretty obvious to me and wasn't anything mind-blowing... I was expecting something really deep/meaningful lol.

Haha nah, I've already forgotten about the film to be honest... I just got so carried away with telling you why I disliked it that I forgot to say how I couldn't help but think of how much it reminded me of Malick's work, plus the fact that I always eventually give films a second chance, even if I absolutely hate them! Good example is Malick's The Tree of Life... hated that the first time I saw it, then watched it again a few years later and fell in love with it.

Um yeah, those scenes were ok I guess... nothing I haven't seen before in films though (lol sorry).

What's wrong with it being obvious? That's the story lol even just looking at the OP that thing mentions time and mortality. nah nothing mind blowing but I've never seen a story like this told through the eyes of a ghost and I thought it was quite deep and meaningful

And why does it have to be anything your haven't seen before? There's loads of films that at similar but acted better or you prefer the way it's filmed etc. I just mean the scenes were made and edited really well. Actually come to think of it I've never seen that happen before, a ghost haunt a settler family and everytime he looks up 10+ years pass

I also really liked the ghost talk. And how simple it was

Anyway I can see me being the only one on here liking it lol. So I might as well not talk about it

No i havent seen it yet. but i plan to soon. :)

Out of the films you mentioned, i loved A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night and i would watch again. Under the Skin and It Comes at Night were good films but i won't watch them again. And The Witch was good too but, it was much less interesting for me. The beginning and the ending was more interesting than the rest of the film. I guess it just wasnt my cup of tea. But yea, i dont mind slow/art house films. So i'll definitely watch A Ghost Story.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
What's wrong with it being obvious? That's the story lol even just looking at the OP that thing mentions time and mortality. nah nothing mind blowing but I've never seen a story like this told through the eyes of a ghost and I thought it was quite deep and meaningful

And why does it have to be anything your haven't seen before? There's loads of films that at similar but acted better or you prefer the way it's filmed etc. I just mean the scenes were made and edited really well. Actually come to think of it I've never seen that happen before, a ghost haunt a settler family and everytime he looks up 10+ years pass

I also really liked the ghost talk. And how simple it was

Anyway I can see me being the only one on here liking it lol. So I might as well not talk about it
Forget it dude, just ignore me... I'm the one who's in the minority, as it's gotten great ratings everywhere, and I've honestly not seen another negative review yet (not that I've gone looking for any though). Out of all the people I follow on Letterboxd, seven others have logged the film so far, and I'm the only one to have rated it anything below 4 stars (out of 5), so that obviously says a lot lol.

Oh, man... why'd you have to go and compare this to Malick's work, @Noodles? This suddenly isn't too high on my to-watch list anymore. :hilarious:
Haha sorry! That comparison may have been a little harsh of me though to be fair... I mean, this at least has some sort of plot (unlike Malick's latest stuff).

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo