Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: A Haunting in Venice (2023)

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Crime

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Jude Hill, Kelly Reilly, Emma Laird, Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ali Khan

Release: 2023-09-15

Plot: Celebrated sleuth Hercule Poirot, now retired and living in self-imposed exile in Venice, reluctantly attends a Halloween séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets.

I was not expecting that.
When I watched the trailer, i didn't read the description for what this was. Very cool for the 3rd film to feel completely different in tone. Fun idea.

Reactions: Billy Talent
haunting_in_venice.jpeg

All kinds of nope from me. Oddly, my experience was opposite yours @GeoRattray … I liked the second, hated the first… and can’t be bothered with a third. Although, now that I say that, if reviews are good… I might go for it. How very contrary of me!

Reactions: GeoRattray
Loved Murder on the Orient Express, Kenneth Branagh was amazing as Hercule, Murder on the Nile....idk what that was not a fan at all
Perhaps it was the setting that didn't interest me at all, the casting was awful as well, Gadot's acting ...oof...keep trying though perhaps someday she will learn to ''act''.

Haunting in venice looks promising

Just came back from the cinema after watching this. Really enjoyed it as it wasn’t a well known story and the cast very good. Better than Nile but not as good as Express. In some places difficult to figure out what was going on as the picture was so dark, bit like that Game of Thrones episode where you wished someone would turn some lights on so you could figure out what was going on!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database