Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: A Man Called Otto (2022)

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Director: Marc Forster

Cast: Tom Hanks, Mariana Treviño, Rachel Keller, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Cameron Britton, Mike Birbiglia

Release: 2022-12-25

Plot: Otto, a grumpy and strict widower, holds the rest of his neighborhood to his staunch rules. But just as Otto is about to give up on his life, he sparks a new friendship with his neighbors, prompting him to undergo a transformation.

man_called_otto.jpeg

I was teary-eyed literally 80% of its two hour runtime, a heavy, kind of depressing, even if tries to be uplifting, drama about a disenchanted, lonely man that just wants to die already, because he thinks there's nothing for him to live for.
My mother liked the original, and as everything she likes, watched it a few times in a row, so I caught a few scenes here and there. They've changed the gay student to a transgender one, I guess 'gay' isn't as impactful or ' scary' anymore, changed some names, Iranian neighbors to Mexican, social services to an evil construction company, things like that. Still a very good movie. And cats are so cool, they had to CGI one to get it to do what they wanted...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database