A Monster Calls (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: June 24, July 13 July 22, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip
Price: $42.89 (Full Slip) - $38.89 (Quarter Slip)

A_07bb0e99-9e7d-49b7-adcf-04ada27fffce_2000x2000.jpgB_c3b14fd7-a9f7-40d5-8155-7d2aab568039_2000x2000.jpgee0782e1652b6e58d2cf5fc1a05e5ed1_2000x2000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. text says steelbook
2. there is a steelbook tag on the image
3. the spine width is always bigger on a tin proof.

when we see a tin proof it’s always a larger image because the image and metal wraps around the edge of a steelbook so we see the whole image that’s used on a proof but I’ve never seen spine that thick on a tin proof before.

You could be right and this is the steel (which is still great news) but the text could also say ‘steelbook’ to signify that this release will be a steelbook. And the tag the same.

Im not saying it’s not, but that spine looks thicker than a normal tin proof.

then again, if it is a full slip example then I think the proof would be joining images because it’s a folded slip. So yeah probably is the steelbook haha

when we see a tin proof it’s always a larger image because the image and metal wraps around the edge of a steelbook so we see the whole image that’s used on a proof but I’ve never seen spine that thick on a tin proof before.

You could be right and this is the steel (which is still great news) but the text could also say ‘steelbook’ to signify that this release will be a steelbook. And the tag the same.

Im not saying it’s not, but that spine looks thicker than a normal tin proof.

then again, if it is a full slip example then I think the proof would be joining images because it’s a folded slip. So yeah probably is the steelbook haha

4. Plain Archive's slips always have the film title in original language + Korean on the spine. I don't see Korean on the spine.

Hope not. Was never a fan personally and would not go with that beautiful slip at all

I have a feeling it's not gonna be, but IMO it would have made nice contrast, colorful slip and dark depressing steel. With embossing hopefully. The name of the movie in red maybe ... well, that's just me ... ;)

Looks like a nice steel, but it will be another PA pass from me, this was one time watch, zero interest in this movie.

...who's gonna open it anyway ? ;)

6. So is it a steel or not ? Make up your minds. This ain't lottery site. :LOL:

I doubt there will be a group buy?
I don't remember there being one for PlainArchive releases before. I've always just ordered directly from the site.