4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: A Quiet Place 2

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: John Krasinski

Cast: Emily Blunt

Release: 2021-4-23

Plot: Plot unknown.

quiet_place_part_ii_ver2.jpg

Is that video a spoiler? I don't want to watch it if it's a spoiler, but I'd like to see it if it's not.
More than half of it is scenes from the first movie, with the actors explaining the plot. Then it shows some scenes from the sequel's trailer. The only spoiler is if you don't want to know which day the sequel starts on, I guess.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Following tradition, the posters are pretty sh!t

This has now been delayed with no new release date announced yet

Can't imagine how the cinema chains are going to manage with all these delays... they're not going to have anything to screen at this rate.

Can't imagine how the cinema chains are going to manage with all these delays... they're not going to have anything to screen at this rate.

There is one way which a lot of the entertainment Places such as cinemas, restaurants and other places are doing and that with gift cards.
So the idea is you continue to pay for stuff you would do in a month anyway like going out to eat, watch a film etc but you buy it in the form of a gift card and then you can use it in July/ August/ Sep or whenever this dies down. (Of course if you can afford to with also buying food for home in these coming months)

some places have started to do that and from what I hear a lot of people are supporting it. Here, over the pond and other places.

Also as an example of other strategies for other businesses, a lot of restaurants are looking into delivery orders only going forward (again whilst this is going on). Not every place will be able to do it but a lot are starting now and/ or planning to start soon.

suppose it will be paid for online and they leave it on the door step. Same I imagine any supermarket delivery’s to over 70’s would have to do in locked down areas as they need to be isolated for like 12 weeks (aswell as people with comprised immune systems, other serious illnesses etc).
Which could happen to the U.K. in a few weeks just like Italy. it’s already been stated that after the social distancing which they are urging and if the spread don’t calm down then we may follow suit like Italy and Spain.

and again the businesses that do survive are the ones that will adapt to that with other ideas of serving their customers.

universal just announced its putting the invisible man, the hunt and a few other films that are at cinemas now on VOD for $19.99 each. So I can see a lot of studios adapting to that and doing the same. Except maybe Disney as they have their streaming service about to start anyway with payments flooding in for that.
But cinemas, maybe the gift card option for now and use them at a later date.

Reactions: Noodles
There is one way which a lot of the entertainment Places such as cinemas, restaurants and other places are doing and that with gift cards.
So the idea is you continue to pay for stuff you would do in a month anyway like going out to eat, watch a film etc but you buy it in the form of a gift card and then you can use it in July/ August/ Sep or whenever this dies down. (Of course if you can afford to with also buying food for home in these coming months)

some places have started to do that and from what I hear a lot of people are supporting it. Here, over the pond and other places.

Also as an example of other strategies for other businesses, a lot of restaurants are looking into delivery orders only going forward (again whilst this is going on). Not every place will be able to do it but a lot are starting now and/ or planning to start soon.

suppose it will be paid for online and they leave it on the door step. Same I imagine any supermarket delivery’s to over 70’s would have to do in locked down areas as they need to be isolated for like 12 weeks (aswell as people with comprised immune systems, other serious illnesses etc).
Which could happen to the U.K. in a few weeks just like Italy. it’s already been stated that after the social distancing which they are urging and if the spread don’t calm down then we may follow suit like Italy and Spain.

and again the businesses that do survive are the ones that will adapt to that with other ideas of serving their customers.

universal just announced its putting the invisible man, the hunt and a few other films that are at cinemas now on VOD for $19.99 each. So I can see a lot of studios adapting to that and doing the same. Except maybe Disney as they have their streaming service about to start anyway with payments flooding in for that.
But cinemas, maybe the gift card option for now and use them at a later date.
Thanks for all the info Paul. :p

Kinda happy to see studios releasing their stuff early through VOD though... I remember that being widely discussed a while back about it actually becoming a possibility for all new film releases, but obviously cinemas weren't too happy with the idea and so I think that plan eventually just fizzled out.