Thunder Bay
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: A Quiet Place 2

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: John Krasinski

Cast: Emily Blunt

Release: 2021-4-23

Plot: Plot unknown.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: A Quiet Place 2 ()

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR][/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE][/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A sequel to the 2018 film "A Quiet Place."[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

At CinemaCon, Paramount Pictures chairman CEO Jim Gianopulos said, "We’re thrilled to say that we’re already working on the sequel to A Quiet Place."

No other details were given, but the sequel is definitely in the works. So far, the original film has a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and has brought in $213-million worldwide on a budget of only $17-million -- so no surprise that Paramount wants to capitalize on that.

Catch up on the A QUIET PLACE chat in its own thread here.

Not a fan of them doing a sequel to this.
I loved the film and I feel like adding more would be a mistake. I don't need more information or to see what happens next.

But I heard Krasinski is involved... so maybe they have a good idea for it??

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Not a fan of them doing a sequel to this.
I loved the film and I feel like adding more would be a mistake. I don't need more information or to see what happens next.

But I heard Krasinski is involved... so maybe they have a good idea for it??

I feel like the best way to do this is either:

A) The sequel follows a different group of people

B) Follow the kids at an older age

Oh i really like your B) idea. That would be awesome.

Sounds like Krasinski wants to go with A).

From CBR:

A Quiet Place director and co-writer John Krasinski already has a pretty good idea of where he’d like to take the recently announced sequel.

Following the critical and commercial success of the horror film, which centers on a family trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic landscape in which aliens hunt using sound, fans began to theorize how the franchise could move forward. Now, Krasinski, who also starred in the film with his wife Emily Blunt, has indicated he’d look to explore other survivors.

“The thing that I loved in the movie,” he told Deadline, “where my mind kept wandering as we were making it, was the question of who was on the other end of those fires, when the father lights the fire and in the distance those other fires light up. How did those people survive? How did that old man survive?”

There’s a scene in the film in which different houses light torches at night, perhaps indicating a sense of community in these dangerous times, and possibly as a means to indicate their families were alive. Audiences also saw
an old man who killed himself after finding his wife dead, screaming so that one of the creatures could eat him. That’s the struggle Krasinski wants to now dive into in the sequel.

“In the extreme these characters are going through, there’s no room to think about that. They’re there, there’s an old man who’s about to scream, they just have to deal with that,” he said. “I think it would be interesting to see what’s going on elsewhere at this same time.”

2 QUIET 2 PLACE
QP2: QUIET HARDER
THE QUIET PLACE, TOO!
QUIET PLACE 2 - SILENT BOOGALOO
3oa6.gif

Actually, i think it'll be as simple as A Quieter Place :rofl:

Sounds like Krasinski wants to go with A).

From CBR:

A Quiet Place director and co-writer John Krasinski already has a pretty good idea of where he’d like to take the recently announced sequel.

Following the critical and commercial success of the horror film, which centers on a family trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic landscape in which aliens hunt using sound, fans began to theorize how the franchise could move forward. Now, Krasinski, who also starred in the film with his wife Emily Blunt, has indicated he’d look to explore other survivors.

“The thing that I loved in the movie,” he told Deadline, “where my mind kept wandering as we were making it, was the question of who was on the other end of those fires, when the father lights the fire and in the distance those other fires light up. How did those people survive? How did that old man survive?”

There’s a scene in the film in which different houses light torches at night, perhaps indicating a sense of community in these dangerous times, and possibly as a means to indicate their families were alive. Audiences also saw
an old man who killed himself after finding his wife dead, screaming so that one of the creatures could eat him. That’s the struggle Krasinski wants to now dive into in the sequel.

“In the extreme these characters are going through, there’s no room to think about that. They’re there, there’s an old man who’s about to scream, they just have to deal with that,” he said. “I think it would be interesting to see what’s going on elsewhere at this same time.”
I guess with the right cast, it'll turn out good. I'd still like to see the kids grown up and fight the monsters.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and tridon
John Krasinski officially directing A Quiet Place sequel, Emily Blunt also to return

This isn’t quite the breaking news situation, since it was pretty much assumed, but it’s welcome news nonetheless.
Following the success of (and high praise for) A Quiet Place, director John Krasinski will now officially return to direct the scheduled sequel, EW has learned.
Krasinski, 39, shared a somewhat cryptic post on Twitter Friday of a still image from the first movie, along with the already announced release date for the sequel, May 15, 2020.

“…time to go back,” he wrote with the hashtag “#PartII.” Filming on the untitled movie won’t begin for a few more months, so it appears this tease is to confirm that he will “go back” to direct.
[Spoiler alert] Events didn’t play out so well for Krasinski’s Lee Abbott, but this move reunites him with real-life wife Emily Blunt, whose deal to come back for the sequel is also official, according to Deadline. Additionally, Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe, who played their children in the film, are also said to be in talks to return.

A Quiet Place, released in April 2018, starred Krasinski and Blunt as two parents protecting their family, including their son and deaf daughter, from monsters living in the woods. These beasts, though blind, retained extraordinary hearing, which yielded the largely dialogue-less concept of living in silence through a horrific story.

“In some ways, the idea of seeing who these people were before this all happened would be interesting, but I’m not quite sure because I think actually it’s now what’s the next chapter and what happens next,” Blunt previously remarked of the planned sequel to EW. “I think people feel very invested in this family…. I think it’s such an open book right now, and certainly for John who is lasering into something as we speak.”
Krasinski noted, “This is a world you can play in, this isn’t just a character to remake…. it’s actually a world, which is a whole different, very unique experience. “It’s not like Alien or Jaws where the main villain is the thing you’re repeating; it’s an actual entire set of rules and the circumstance that the world has undergone that you can play in very different facets.”

via EW

John Krasinski is returning to the director’s chair for A Quiet Place 2, which originally had a May 15, 2020 release but has now been bumped up two months to March 20, 2020!

Reactions: Noodles
John Krasinski is returning to the director’s chair for A Quiet Place 2, which originally had a May 15, 2020 release but has now been bumped up two months to March 20, 2020!
I was expecting this to be news that it's delayed, so it's great to hear they've actually brought it forward... means they're serious about it. :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database