A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt I'll get to see this at the cinema but given the reviews for it have been good may be in for this :)

Heard great things and it’s manta so I’ll be in

Bradley Cooper wrote some of the screenplay, learned to play piano, guitar and sing on a professional level and directed while acting with Lady Gaga. C' mon you're making us other guys look bad Bradley. :smuggrin:

Haven’t seen it and don’t know if I’ll go premium or regular steel on this but we’ll see. I have a strong belief it will be good though! Bradley Cooper is great, he could get even more recognition than he does.

Can't even bring myself to watch the trailer for this, because I can't stand Lady BlahBlah. :wtf:
This isn't at all the Lady Gaga that we've come to know. You're doing yourself a major disservice to not watch this movie. I can't stand her either, but she is amazing in this movie. Just trust me.

• Informative
  • Thanks
Reactions: Huguito and Flloydo
This isn't at all the Lady Gaga that we've come to know. You're doing yourself a major disservice to not watch this movie. I can't stand her either, but she is amazing in this movie. Just trust me.

A lot of people I know who have seen this can’t stand her either (including myself) but have all said the same you said and that she’s really great in this.
I like someone I’m not a fan of to surprise so I’m hoping she does just that

Still need to see this. A surprising choice by Manta imo.

I’m sure I’ll be getting this regardless, I have all their others

Still need to see this. A surprising choice by Manta imo.

I’m sure I’ll be getting this regardless, I have all their others

Nah this film had Manta Lab written all over it. Having said that at this stage this is just a possible release by them and by no means guaranteed to happen

Hmm, maybe I'll give it a go someday... but even just seeing her face annoys me lol.

• Haha
Reactions: monanza
This movie really took me by surprise. Cried as it hit a few nerves of being close to home too(music business/stardom side of things I mean).
Plus I love a good musical, and the songs were pretty good also.

So am down for this, almost regardless of artwork. That’s testament to how much faith I have in Manta as well as how much I loved the movie.

Might have to catch it again before it leave the cinema

• Thanks
Reactions: Huguito
So, the third remake of the original from 1937 with the most famous being re-make no. 1 . . . although some consider WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD (1932) with Constance Bennett and Lowell Sherman the originator:-
1937 - Janet Gaynor, Fredric March and Adolphe Menjou
------------------
1) 1954 - Judy Garland and James Mason
2) 1976 - Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson
3) 2018 - Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

• Informative
Reactions: Radagast