AAA

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
just wanted to give a HOORAY for triple A. my car broke down on the highway tonight (at 1:30 am in the middle of nowhere WI) and all it took was a simple phone call and 20 mins later the tow-truck arrived and dropped my car off at the shop at no cost to me :)

now heres hoping it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to get the thing fixed :ohno:

nope. if i had to guess its an alternator issue, since my battery is pretty new. that or something with the gas tank, i was pretty low but i had about an 1/8th of a tank left. i suppose it could be possible my gas gauge doesn't work or something i was actually running on E. ill find out for sure monday...

I got the same issue on my other car ... Im guessing its the Starter since battery is pretty new. "They" say its usually not an alternator issue if all your eletronics turn on and such and all mine do .. damn thing just wont crank.

so apparently my gas gauge is broken, cause the reason my car broke down was..... i...was...out....of.....gas....EEK!

:emb: slightly embarrassed about that yet appreciative cause my bill from the shop was $5.46 :)

i had just under a quarter of a tank showing on the gauge when it shut down.

so apparently my gas gauge is broken, cause the reason my car broke down was..... i...was...out....of.....gas....EEK!

:emb: slightly embarrassed about that yet appreciative cause my bill from the shop was $5.46 :)

:hilarious:

thats cool at least it is nothing serious that you have to pay out for

AAA is pretty awesome. My battery died on my car and I called them up and they said they would come by in about 30 minutes.....5 minutes later I get a call and they are already waiting outside my house. Installed a new battery for me in less than 10 minutes and I was on my way. AAA rules!

That is not the story of my life ...

Here is the story of my life ... if that was me in your situation.

It was the gas guage which typically cost $5.46

However, I get a bill for $185.46 where they claim they had to replace "said" part but its now all in tip top shape.

/mylife