Edition Size: 435
18.25" x 39"
$65

BLACK+OSPREY_TWBB+variant.jpg

Edition Size: 200
18.25" x 39"
$125

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, from the buzz around this drop, I am pretty sure the internet will crash from 10:30-11AM (CSD) Friday. :ohno:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.5 KB · Views: 251
I was almost hoping someone didn't post this since it's already going to be hard enough to get :ohno:

Rose is right. The Internet will hit a speed bump on Friday.

I was almost hoping someone didn't post this since it's already going to be hard enough to get :ohno:

Rose is right. The Internet will hit a speed bump on Friday.

It doesn't hurt anybodys chances by being posted in here. The aliens know about this drop. EEK!

which one you guys want? I can try and get one for you as well.

Variant, but it's one per person/household. So, if you planned on one for yourself, it's every man for themselves.

Man, firefox hung for the first time while trying to get Boogie Nights today. EEK! I had IE open though as a backup and somehow made it under the wire.

I swear I'm going to be found of a heart attack with the Mondo page up. :emb: I guess there could be worse things up on the screen. :hilarious:

Im sure there will be blood when so many people fail to pick this one up :hilarious:

I will be trying again. its all about the wait now :movie:

Reactions: roseart
Variant, but it's one per person/household. So, if you planned on one for yourself, it's every man for themselves.

Man, firefox hung for the first time while trying to get Boogie Nights today. EEK! I had IE open though as a backup and somehow made it under the wire.

I swear I'm going to be found of a heart attack with the Mondo page up. :emb: I guess there could be worse things up on the screen. :hilarious:

I'd be happy with a regular. Would love any help I can get.

ok I will try to help. I'm not going for either, and while I do like alot about them there are parts I dont like. (like the old english movie title) I like the movie tho and I guess it would be a good conversation piece as I actually used to do that type of work (the modern age tho ;p) ie. Roughneck oil rigs etc.

Aaron's words on this project:

"A few years ago, when a potential PTA director's series was first mentioned, I immediately had my hand up for this one. Everything about TWBB is precisely my cup of tea - the time period, the sweeping desolation of the landscape, the soundtrack, Daniel Day-Lewis, etc. I didn't immediately come to the idea of an over-sized stock certificate but the more thought that went into it the more perfect it seemed as a visual embodiment of the film. I've also wanted to go all-in on something resembling a 19th century engraved note for quite some time so this seemed like as good an excuse as any. All told I spent over 100 hours on the illustration - it's still only about half as involved as I think it should be but after 6 weeks I felt like it needed to be put to bed. The aging of the paper is something I'm pretty proud of here - there are 3 layers of very subtle tone built up from the paper color to approximate a century old piece of acidic, weathered stock.

This was my first large scale curatorial project - it was much more work than I had anticipated but the end result is something I'm incredibly proud of. It's been great to see the series come to life and I'd like to thank Mondo for the opportunity, especially Mitch Putnam for helping me with logistics and general organization. Also, thanks to Paul Thomas Anderson for being open to the project and of course all the artists involved - everyone came through brilliantly and certainly salvaged the project before I had a chance to run it into the ground."

sorry guys, I just learned first hand the tweet to text method does not work on a popular title. I could have easily scored that Sydney the other day but didnt want it ...

very cool artwork.. aside from the title itself.. reminds me of the death metal bands that you can't even tell what the name of the band is.. IMO kills the design.