'Academy Award' Winner films

Would you purchase a series of 'Academy Award' winners in Steelbook packaging?

• Best Picture

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Best Actor

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Best Actress

• Animated Feature Film

• Best Cinematography

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Best Director

• Best Documentary

• Best Short Film

• Best Foreign Language Film

• I'd consider Steelbooks for all Awards, depending on the winner

• I'd consider Steelbooks for all of the Awards, regardless of winner

• I'd consider all of them, regardless of art

• I buy based on the film or art, regardless if they win an award

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • A scheduled 'wave' of winners would be a great way to allow more quality films to be released in Ste

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Not interested

• Undecided

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2010 Winners

As we all know, 'some' of the 'best' films end up winning 'Best Picture', 'Best Actor', 'Best Actress', 'Best Foreign Film', etc etc awards, each year.

One of the criticisms of the 'increased' flood of Steelbook releases around the world, over the last year or so, is the actual 'quality' of the films being released. There is debate each year about whether some films deserve to win Academy awards, but overall, there are some films that definitely stand out as 'The Best' of the year, etc.

Would you consider purchasing these films, if there was an 'Annual Wave' of the major winners in Steelbook packaging?

It would require a bit of extra coordination for decision makers, as multiple studios release these films, but as collectors often 're-purchase' films already released in Amaray cases, and or/will consider films based on the packaging, it can provide an extra little stream of revenue, and 'celebration' of these films.

Since 're-releases' of 'Academy Award Winners' with slipcovers, and other 'Award' markings on the cover is common, I thought we'd add this thread, to suggest some support for those of you that may want to see an extra 'level' added to the quality of films released in Steelbook packages. Sales are virtually guaranteed-especially for those that need to have a 'set'. Why not an automatic addition of a Steelbook release wave for these winners, each year?

Chime in!
DB

Last edited:
I agree with what the others have said. I'm not too worried about what awards they've won. Actually, I usually don't like many of the movies that win awards. Not sure why.

I would personally like them to do a 'scheduled' wave of the winners, because some of the films may not be considered for Steelbooks otherwise, but will be popular BD's and may not be considered 'later'. My thought was, if there was an actual 'wave' scheduled each year, at least it would be an annual event where we could pick and choose. I do agree, however on the point, that I will not buy a movie just because it's in a Steelbook, because it won an award. Those days are thankfully over! :hilarious:

But my days arent .... lol ... Trying to get the gold slips has been hard enough :p However if they did start these in steel, I'd sell off my gold slips ;)