Airplane! - 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on August 1 at 12 PM for Red Carpet subscribers, 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £15.99

12661229-3784787866896261.jpg

Last edited:
Same here.

That's early! They seem to be charging earlier and earlier for pre-releases these days.

Not been charged for Fifth Element yet, though (and that's got the same release date).
I agree. Bit cheeky really. Hadn't yet made up my mind about it, now I have no choice. Other companies charge and dispatch on the same day.

Same here.

That's early! They seem to be charging earlier and earlier for pre-releases these days.

Not been charged for Fifth Element yet, though (and that's got the same release date).

I'd forgotten the Fifth Element pre-order entirely. August has been expensive but seems to have gone unnoticed by the boss.

Despatched, over 1 week since charged by Zavvi. They are doing it earlier and earlier now.....

Haven’t seen this for ages so looking forward to seeing again

Reactions: MrSquifler
Just arrived. Looks glossy but no embossing.

You're lucky. I've been waiting for post since Thursday 13th from both zavvi and other retailers and nothing has arrived. Must be about 12 items from zavvi and various UK outlets. Weird..... Any amazon stuff is arriving but not royal mail or parcel force.

Got both this and Fifth Element today. Nice and glossy*, with something I've personally not seen before:

airplane.jpg

*the now seemingly inevitable under-paint scratches present

germany is very good at it
TBH my geography is bad, so did a quick Google maps for locations. I think it's time to send a few people from Hamburg to have a chat with your neighbors as the quality of steelbooks is declining in quality. Damn these scratches only seen in certain angles, not acceptable. They have the audacity to put their name on the steelbooks, sheesh, rubbing salt into the wounds of the depressed!

TBH my geography is bad, so did a quick Google maps for locations. I think it's time to send a few people from Hamburg to have a chat with your neighbors as the quality of steelbooks is declining in quality. Damn these scratches only seen in certain angles, not acceptable. They have the audacity to put their name on the steelbooks, sheesh, rubbing salt into the wounds of the depressed!
tenor.gif

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray