Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99

Airplane.PNG

Voted “one of the 10 funniest movies ever made” by the American Film Institute, Airplane! celebrates 40 years of off-the-wall laughs with this limited edition remastered Blu-ray, from a 4K fi lm transfer supervised by the directors. Robert Hays is an ex-fighter pilot forced to take over the controls of an airliner when the flight crew succumbs to food poisoning, Julie Hagerty co-stars as his girlfriend/stewardess/co-pilot, and joins a cast of all-stars including Robert Stack, Lloyd Bridges, Peter Graves, Leslie Nielsen, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar... and more! Their hilarious high jinks spoof airplane disaster flicks, religious zealots, television commercials, romantic love... the list whirls by in rapid succession.

New Features
  • FILMMAKER FOCUS: Writers/Directors Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker on Airplane!
  • Q&A with Directors of Airplane! (Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood - January 10, 2020)
  • Isolated Score
Original Special Features
  • Commentary by Writers/Directors Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker and Producer Jon Davison

Last edited:
Lots of great titles being added to the Premium Collection lately.

Thanks for taking the time to create the threads @lenticularis. :thumbs:
agreed, thanks @lenticularis! :thumbs:

my only gripe with these is the same as always for the 'Premium Collection' releases - the advantage of having a slipcover, is you can have a different image from the amaray. :rolleyes: and hey, same image on the poster, too! nice job. they're not the only ones, i know, several independents do it, and zavvi did the same thing with that one month flirtation they had with slipcovers, all with the same image as the steebook. in some cases there will be image rights issues, but for the remainder, surely they have seen others in the market with variety?

agreed, thanks @lenticularis! :thumbs:

my only gripe with these is the same as always for the 'Premium Collection' releases - the advantage of having a slipcover, is you can have a different image from the amaray. :rolleyes: and hey, same image on the poster, too! nice job. they're not the only ones, i know, several independents do it, and zavvi did the same thing with that one month flirtation they had with slipcovers, all with the same image as the steebook. in some cases there will be image rights issues, but for the remainder, surely they have seen others in the market with variety?
Alt art on one or the other would definitely be nice! Wouldn't hurt to even just do a reversible sleeve like Arrow sometimes do.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Lots of great titles being added to the Premium Collection lately.
They usually tend to release new titles in batches of two, three or four so I was surprised to see so many :wow:. All the titles appear to be from the recent US 'Paramount Presents' wave.

Definitely need this one though :woot: :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles
They usually tend to release new titles in batches of two, three or four so I was surprised to see so many :wow:. All the titles appear to be from the recent US 'Paramount Presents' wave.

Definitely need this one though :woot: :LOL:

Lol yeah, took me by surprise when I saw the email announcing them all. Quite a few I hope to eventually pick up from the recent wave. How about you?

Yet there are so many titles in the Warner brother archive range they haven't released over here in the HMV premium collection. I have at least 40 in the Warner Archive collection that haven't made it here yet

Yet there are so many titles in the Warner brother archive range they haven't released over here in the HMV premium collection. I have at least 40 in the Warner Archive collection that haven't made it here yet
Here's hoping they'll get around to them at some point.