Airplane (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: July 23, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Media Markt - Saturn
Price: €21.99 (Amazon - Saturn) - €26.99 (MM)

81J+UOedkNL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snow flake
Oooo...catchy title,,,a hat tip to all literature.

Die unglaubliche Reise
in einem verrückten Flugzeug
....'The incredible journey in a crazy plane', or the Italian title L'aereo piu' pazzo del mondo, which Google translates to 'The craziest plane in the world'
Aesthetically, would prefer title to be in in English, if we get a title on the front, that is :cautious:

Reactions: jailbird_joey
No but sourced from a new 4K restoration., still make no sense only releasing it in HD :facepalm:

Part of Paramounts new line of catalogue titles "Paramount Presents"

Was hoping for Days of Thunder 4K steelbook

View attachment 473564
Paramount Presents are USA slipcover releases with slip fold out like a digipack showing poster
Threads for those releases in slipcover forum
Some of the Paramount presents range are 4K remaster scan with new extras but a few dont have all of the previous extras
Example Fatal Attraction is a new 4K remaster scan

The airplane steelbook release is not Paramount presents range release.
There is a few titles getting steelbooks release using similar artwork but are not Paramount presents

Example of what Paramount presents releases look like in hand with unboxing photos

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
No but sourced from a new 4K restoration., still make no sense only releasing it in HD :facepalm:

Part of Paramounts new line of catalogue titles "Paramount Presents"

Was hoping for Days of Thunder 4K steelbook

View attachment 473564
Why should they release titles like Ghost or Fatal Attraction in 4K? The buyers of it are a small group of people and probably only the half of them would pay more than 30$ to get a very dated classic only because of a 4K resolution. And why should a new transfer on Blu-Ray with a much better picture quality make no sense? I heard it now x-times and it seems to be a standard sentence for all movies, that are restored in 4K and are presented on Blu-Ray. It is leading in that direction - No 4K = ****** release, and that's not true. The new transfers on Blu-Ray will also make them watchable very well and so the label can release it in a special packaging for a decent price. I hope Paramount will release some more titles of this series, because the overall impression is very good.

Why should they release titles like Ghost or Fatal Attraction in 4K? The buyers of it are a small group of people and probably only the half of them would pay more than 30$ to get a very dated classic only because of a 4K resolution. And why should a new transfer on Blu-Ray with a much better picture quality make no sense? I heard it now x-times and it seems to be a standard sentence for all movies, that are restored in 4K and are presented on Blu-Ray. It is leading in that direction - No 4K = ****** release, and that's not true. The new transfers on Blu-Ray will also make them watchable very well and so the label can release it in a special packaging for a decent price. I hope Paramount will release some more titles of this series, because the overall impression is very good.
4K remaster scan does not mean 4K UHD that's a totally different thing
4K remaster scan is about film restoration
Film restoration scan can be 2K/4K/6K/8K etc

The Paramount presents releases are Blu-ray in a slip as shown in the slipcover web forum

4K remaster scan does not mean 4K UHD that's a totally different thing
4K remaster scan is about film restoration
Film restoration scan can be 2K/4K/6K/8K etc

The Paramount presents releases are Blu-ray in a slip as shown in the slipcover web forum
But it are new 4K-restorations on Blu-Ray, or am I wrong?

Yeah, but it are new 4K-restorations on Blu-Ray, or am I wrong?
A lot of Films have had 4K/6K/8K restoration scan done for years long before 4K UHD ever existed

4K UHD format is not the same thing as film restoration

When you see mention of 4K or 6K or 8K restoration scan of a film negative it has nothing to do with 4K UHD

Some of these restorations can end up getting a 4K UHD release but 4K restoration scan does not mean 4K UHD

Paramount Presents are USA slipcover releases with slip fold out like a digipack showing poster
Threads fo those releases in slipcover forum
Some of the Paramount presents range are 4K remaster scan with new extras but a few dont have all of the previous extras
Example Fatal Attraction is a new 4K remaster scan

The airplane steelbook release is not Paramount presents range release.
There is a few titles getting steelbooks release using similar artwork but are not Paramount presents

Maybe I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I never said this steelbook release was part of the Paramount Presents line up. :(

I was trying to highlight that Airplane is part of Paramount Presents line up and this steelbook will most likely include same disc with newer transfer.

Personally I'm happy studios are still willing to release catalogue titles with newer transfers on physical media especially in the current climate with streaming services on the rise.

Gives me hope we might get more titles which haven't had a steelbook as opposed to the same titles getting multiple releases every couple of years or months in some cases.