Akira (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) [TBA]

Would you like to see this artwork as a SteelBook?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Release date: End of June 2021 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

170843434_4500430833304943_3654813284642929291_n.jpg

This is not a confirmed release as of yet as I've Entertainment are gauging interest first.

You'll see from the below screen shot - from their FB page here - that they're asking whether collectors would like to see the below artwork as a full slip only or as a SteelBook too, in which case the SteelBook would be released in Japan. If the SteelBook release doesn't happen, then this thread will be merged with the existing slipcover thread here.

A poll has been added to this thread and feel free to let I've Entertainment know your preference as well. The results of this poll will be shared with I've later.

Screen Shot .png

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3 and Hereticz
Aug 9, 2016
i hope the text on the full slip front is only on the j-card :notworthy:

edit: a ninja scroll premium release would be nice :drool:
Is the bottom left picture what's underneath the card with the text, I wonder? I'm not sure how to read that set of four pictures, but I assume they're the four surfaces of steel and slip?

Looks like a regular O-ring slipcover rather than a full slip from the texts on the mockup, can anyone confirm?
I'm not seeing this. It looks like a normal fullslip to me, so far as we can see in the preview.

Jul 22, 2020
Is the bottom left picture what's underneath the card with the text, I wonder? I'm not sure how to read that set of four pictures, but I assume they're the four surfaces of steel and slip?

I'm not seeing this. It looks like a normal fullslip to me, so far as we can see in the preview.
The bottom left are 4 cards inside the slip. Seeing as they're recycling the the other 3 pieces of art on the slip/steel, it does stand to reason that 4th art could be the rear of the slipcase.

"I've" are the same company who released the standard 4k set in Japan, which also came with a hard (not o-ring) slipbox. It looks suspiciously like this one, as does the booklet.

That release had a removable jcard, with a lip over the spine and bottom section of the front. So I expect any logo's and text on the front/lower spine/back here to be a removable jcard.

Last edited: