Akira (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) [Korea]

Would you like to see this artwork as a SteelBook?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 23, 2021
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova (Pre-order on June 22, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $51.99
Group buy: hosted by Wreck (USA addresses only) Akira

201375496_4695075820507109_1171988114434309778_n.jpg

This is not a confirmed release as of yet as I've Entertainment are gauging interest first.

You'll see from the below screen shot - from their FB page here - that they're asking whether collectors would like to see the below artwork as a full slip only or as a SteelBook too, in which case the SteelBook would be released in Japan. If the SteelBook release doesn't happen, then this thread will be merged with the existing slipcover thread here.

A poll has been added to this thread and feel free to let I've Entertainment know your preference as well. The results of this poll will be shared with I've later.

Screen Shot .png

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3 and Hereticz
Keen on this. Not as good as the kimchi release, but the price on that one is ridiculous now. Plus the JP 4K is easily the best, and costs £70 shipped to the UK, so pays for itself really :rolleyes:

I think the artwork on the 4K amaray would have looked great on the back of this steelbook.

Nobody knows yet, no listings are live. I expect it'll be available through a few retailers, hopefully someone other than amazon jp and yesasia though, as they're always bloody extortionate.
I'm confused. I thought I've Entertainment was owned by KimchiDVD and this was going to be a South Korean release. I think one Facebook post mentioned that they want to release the steelbook in Japan. Another post made me think the steelbook is being commissioned in Japan for I've Entertainment. The English translations aren't very good, so I have no idea what the actual facts are.

Last edited:
I'm confused. I thought I've Entertainment was owned by KimchiDVD and this was going to be a South Korean release. I think one Facebook post mentioned that they want to release the steelbook in Japan. Another post made me think the steelbook is being commissioned in Japan for I've Entertainment. The English translations aren't very good, so I have no idea what the actual facts are.
I was under the impression it was going to be a jp release (so not kimchi) as well, granted probably from the same comments. It'd be easier if it was kimchi, guess we'll have to see.

Reactions: MM3