Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) (KimchiDVD Collection #16) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 3, 2020
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenticular B - One Click (Pre-order November 27 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip A1) - $38.99 (Full Slip A2) - $39.99 (Lenticular B) - $125 (One Click)

74624059_2698531177040749_668475105155743744_o.jpg 75453427_2698531263707407_2874339586480275456_o.jpg 73513522_2698531317040735_9078177776900505600_o.jpg 74674390_2698531423707391_670857875702153216_o-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it will have the insane audio track from the UK one?
Dolby TrueHD Audio Japanese 14340 kbps 5.1 / 192 kHz / 14340 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / Dolby Surround)

The audio in that release is over 70% the size of the video bitrate :LOL:

• Informative
Reactions: milky
For you. If the 3D fans want their 3D discs then surely the 4K fans are allowed to want their 4K discs otherwise it’s very ignorant statement to make

Whilst I agree it’s (4k) very expensive from premium retailers it’s not a bad idea with some that are doing one edition to include 4K, another 3D, another both or just 2D to cater for everyone like weet and manta do but then the problem can be that you prefer the art of the edition you don’t want etc. Happened to me a couple of times now. And weet or Blufans can be quite expensive so sometimes you agreeably want the cheaper editon (however you can always sell 4K discs to make that money back - not for everyone but it’s a option)

Mantas aquaman was the same price across all the editons regardless of 3D or 4K included and there’s only $5 difference between the first man 2D and 4K edition. So in some cases it’s not bad

But it’s a bit crappy to say they shouldn’t include one but have to include the other when there are many many 4K fans too. In fact possibly more than 3D fans.

Personally I like both but then I don’t have a 3D tv and can only watch them round a mates so 4K is my preference but again in some cases I’m happy to keep the cost down and get the 2D or 2D & 3D editon providing I favour those slips and extras
but 3D isnt the newest format ergo its cheaper....but as there isnt a 3d for this title,its a moot point so 2D should suffice

splitting 4K / 3D is a horrid idea as like you say, you are stuffed for artwork choice

Maybe the way forward is single disc steels but with slots for 3 discs so we can add the discs ourselves if/when required?

as for more 4k fans than 3d, I beg to differ. Too many I know, didnt bother with 4k, despite getting the TV upgrade, especially with rumblings of 8k round the corner

that's my thought too, to be honest majority or people in this world still wacthing DVD not even 1080 blu-ray (let alone 4K UHD) and from all 4K UHD titles you can count how many titles that was direct from 4K sources, mostly they were 2Di upscaled (not that they're not good, mostly they're better and improved from 1080BD) but 8K, i don't now... catalog titles that been filmed on negative should be benefit with this 8K but lots of movies that have heavy CGI... mostly they ened up with just 2K in post... so i'm not so sure how many 8K movies there'd be really... but for live sports broadcasts, TV broadcasts... maybe that's where they can grow...

Last edited:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
same as you guys...the fact DVD's are still sold and used has me convinced that Blu-ray has a decent market share(especially thanks to games consoles abilty to play the discs also), then 4k had a smaller bite of the market with little left for 8k when it arrives

especially with rumblings of 8k round the corner
Around the corner? It's already released! About 3500 USD for 55". I also skipped 4K TV. May be i'll bite into 8K? :coffee:

Around the corner? It's already released! About 3500 USD for 55". I also skipped 4K TV. May be i'll bite into 8K? :coffee:
8K content isnt exactly 'here' the same way 4k, 3D, DVD and BR are though is it?

the base hardward is only just emerging between TV's and next gen gaming announcing its 8k support...no real content for consumers to utilse said hardware.

hence its still 'rumblings' in the distance

8K content isnt exactly 'here' the same way 4k, 3D, DVD and BR are though is it?

the base hardward is only just emerging between TV's and next gen gaming announcing its 8k support...no real content for consumers to utilse said hardware.

lol, 55" inch 8k tv is super useless... i have 75" and the difference in terms of sharpness between 4k and 2k is already negligible (and im sitting super close to my tv)

lol, 55" inch 8k tv is super useless... i have 75" and the difference in terms of sharpness between 4k and 2k is already negligible (and im sitting super close to my tv)
screen size (I have 51 which is large enough for now) and living in a small terrace house is one of many reasons I didnt see much point in 4k (buddies have 46in and another 55in but I saw little differance on the latter, and only on certain shots ie city scapes with lots of detail in the distance. Games benefitted from 4k but movies/tv not sure much in my opinion)

a 4K vs 3D vs 8K & tv discussion in a Anime thread, lol
to be fair you have a point considering this movie was all about the audio tracks more than the visuals....

Sorry, I thought you were specifically talking about the 8K TVs. Of course, the content is nowhere in sight :watch::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: yeslek
In for the blue fullslip. I wonder what’s the difference between the “premium” fullslip & the other fullslip?
The lenti is real nice looking though I must admit.

Artwork chosen for both lentis gives the opportunity for an awesome release and since Hunter Killer's one has been very good, I'm truly positive about this one.