Everywhere
Release date: September 10, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

m2230454-2.jpg

m2230454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Drum18 and Stygian
Just curious how you been finding these steelbooks lately? I did a Steelbook search and never got this just like when Endgame was listed. Seams like you have to actually type in the name of the movie and steelbook to find them. I guess since the new update it’s a mess.
I used to search "4k steelbook" and then sort by most recent. With the redesign, the "most recent" ordering is no longer an option, so no I just search for "4k steelbook" and scroll through. I'm finding that the newest listings like to spend some time at the end of the list and I have to click "show more" before they are included. Then later on, presumably after more people have clicked on them, they move themselves up to the top of the list, but are often sold out by that point.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
This is unusual for Best Buy Canada to rush out a new SteelBook listing on the day the film is released in theaters.
They usually wait about 3 to 4 weeks. Best Buy USA listed theirs today as well but it's not yet available to pre-order.

So I really don't think this has gone live yet at Best Buy Canada. Which is even more unusual. I can't say that I have ever seen a SteelBook listing at Best Buy Canada that hasn't gone live yet. :dunno:
A few years ago, BBY Canada used to do that. On theaters release day, for 2-3 days, they would have it and then dissapear… to come back 3-4 weeks later. But this was 2-3 years ago.

Tx for the tag! Ordered! Miss Drum went to the movies today and she truly enjoyed this!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Just noticed that Best Buy Canada has updated the image on their site. Interesting is the fact that it's not showing as a bilingual J-card.
Especially since it's Disney.

m2230454.jpg

There is now also a preorder for the classic cartoon 4K steelbook, releasing Sep 10 for Canada:
Aladdin (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray) | Best Buy Canada

@Stygian

m2230696.jpg

That one actually looks quite nice, but not going to fall in the Signature Collection trap since I have the original zavvi collection already. It may not be 4K, but I don't have such a setup anyway. I ony purchased the animated Lion King when it came out.

Cheers!

So after inspection of my 8 Aladdin’s (4 on each order) noticed a spine slash, one with paint line on spine missing, one dent on front bottom some with ripped plastic which looks like scratches. I opened one to notice the Disney dent which was hard to see on black with plastic wrap. I tore on the back of 3 where the Disney dent would be and 2 didn’t have one and 1 did. The 2 that didn’t have one, 1 was the spine slash and the other was iffy on. This is just such a pain. At least Aladdin is debossed (I think that’s what when the title is indented correct?)