Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Aladdin (2019)

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Music, Romance

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari, Nasim Pedrad, Billy Magnussen

Release: 2019-05-24

Plot: A live-action retelling of the 1992 Disney film of the same name.

[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Guy Ritchie to Direct Live-Action Aladdin for Disney

Guy-Ritchie-Aladdin2.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter brings today’s movie news mad-libs by reporting that Guy Ritchie, famous for his London-set gangster films, will direct the live-action version of Aladdin for The Walt Disney Studios. John August has penned the script for the film, which will reportedly keep the musical elements of the 1992 film. In addition, THR notes that Ritchie will approach the film with a non-linear presentation. Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes, The LEGO Movie) will produce the film under his Lin Pictures banner.
popcorn2.gif

LOL! :hilarious: Thankfully this isn't being directed by Tim Burton, he'd probably use Helena Bonham Carter :p

But I would LOVE to see Freida Pinto as Jasmine :drool:
1992Jasmine.png

:hungry:
Pinto = PERFECT casting! But with her, I think it would be really hard to find the perfect Aladdin... Is Kumar available? :D

And yeah, if directly by Burton, you could have bet your 1st born that Depp would have been the Genie..... ish..... :p

But seriously, Ritchie to direct one of my all-time favorite Disney movie???? Hum... Sherlock Holmes movies were "ok"... curious to see what his take on King Arthur will be... but for the rest, I just don't know the guy...

Pinto = PERFECT casting! But with her, I think it would be really hard to find the perfect Aladdin... Is Kumar available? :D

And yeah, if directly by Burton, you could have bet your 1st born that Depp would have been the Genie..... ish..... :p

But seriously, Ritchie to direct one of my all-time favorite Disney movie???? Hum... Sherlock Holmes movies were "ok"... curious to see what his take on King Arthur will be... but for the rest, I just don't know the guy...
Kumar? LOL! :hilarious: Dev Patel would be a great Aladdin! :notworthy: :thumbs:
dev patel - aladdin.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Wtf! Guy Ritchie making Aladdin!

I'm not sure if that's genius or f*cking bat sh*t crazy!

Serioulsy though is this real?

I love Ritchie although revolver is one of the worst films around and Sherlock 2 was no way in the same league as the first but I want a rock n roller 2!!!!!! I bet it never happens

LOL! :hilarious: Thankfully this isn't being directed by Tim Burton, he'd probably use Helena Bonham Carter :p

But I would LOVE to see Freida Pinto as Jasmine :drool:
1992Jasmine.png

:hungry:

Perfect choice

Oh don't, you know depp would of been the genie.
Would be a career ender. For both lol

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Disney’s Live-Action Aladdin Cast Revealed!
aladdin-cast.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
The Walt Disney Studios took to the stage at D23 Expo this weekend and surprised the world with the official announcement of the two leads for their live-action Aladdin movie. Mena Massoud (The 99, Jack Ryan) will play the titular street thief, with Naomi Scott (Power Rangers) set to play Jasmine. The studio also confirmed that Will Smith will play the role of the Genie in the film and that it will not only borrow plot elements from the original animated movie but also its basis, 1,001 Arabian Nights.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Disney’s Live-Action Aladdin Cast Revealed!
View attachment 322584
Source: ComingSoon

My first reaction to Will Smith being Genie was "HELL NO!"
The I gave it a second and realized nobody can touch Robin Willams' version. Nobody. So at least Smith's version will be different enough and could probably work.

I'll give it a chance.

Will smith as the genie????

No thanks

How disaaponting

Still can't believe Ritchie is directing Aladdin and smith is the genie

That guy proper looks like how I image a live action Aladdin to look though

I hope it's not the physical form of smith as the genie and it's a CGI character with just his voice, I can handle that. I'm even hoping he's blue

Still can't believe Ritchie is directing Aladdin and smith is the genie

That guy proper looks like how I image a live action Aladdin to look though

I hope it's not the physical form of smith as the genie and it's a CGI character with just his voice, I can handle that. I'm even hoping he's blue

Yeah. I would assume MoCap. And he would be CGI.

...or else he'll look straight up like Kazaam! lol
kazam.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database