Alice Through the Looking Glass - In theaters May 27, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016)
Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]
Director: [DIRECTOR]James Bobin[/DIRECTOR]
Cast: [ACTOR]Johnny Depp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mia Wasikowska[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anne Hathaway[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Helena Bonham Carter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alan Rickman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Sheen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sacha Baron Cohen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Scott[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Toby Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rhys Ifans[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Timothy Spall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ed Speleers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Fry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lindsay Duncan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Lucas[/ACTOR]
Plot: Sequel to the "Alice in Wonderland" of Tim Burton[/MOVIE1][POSTER1] 1.jpg[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB
553234_10150685282416668_15540808_n.jpg

From FS.net:
Variety has word that Disney is developing a sequel to Tim Burton's take on the classic tale that featured Mia Wasikowska as the title character, but advertised Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter like nobody's business. Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King writer Linda Woolverton will script the sequel for Disney (she most recently wrote Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie).

For a movie that made more than $1 billion, it's no surprise...

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash and Ricker
I hope the Johnny Depp allegations don't hurt the film at the box office. I thought the first Alice In Wonderland was great so it would be a shame if the Alice films ended on a bum note.
@The Doctor My wife and I had a conversation about this last night. And after seeing/reading the box office results today, YES, I'm thinking that might be a result from the allegations :confused: :dunno: Not only that, his last films haven't been a success :(. Wonder what will happen next year with Pirates 5...

As for this film, we didn't get a chance to see it last night, maybe tomorrow morning :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
@The Doctor My wife and I had a conversation about this last night. And after seeing/reading the box office results today, YES, I'm thinking that might be a result from the allegations :confused: :dunno: Not only that, his last films haven't been a success :(. Wonder what will happen next year with Pirates 5...

As for this film, we didn't get a chance to see it last night, maybe tomorrow morning :thumbs:
Pirates 5 might stand more chance of a good box office as so far it has been a hugely successful series and many think of him as Captain Jack Sparrow above anything else. I for one hope to see Dead Men Tell No Tales at the cinema.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I hope the Johnny Depp allegations don't hurt the film at the box office. I thought the first Alice In Wonderland was great so it would be a shame if the Alice films ended on a bum note.

Oh Shiz, I had no idea what you 2 meant so I just looked it up. Had no idea heard was filing for divorce and the abuse allegations!

I used to love the guy, possibly worship his performances but recent years he annoys me a little and his character too (same with burton but they worked together too much destroying their own films) but I wasn't expecting that

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Oh Shiz, I had no idea what you 2 meant so I just looked it up. Had no idea heard was filing for divorce and the abuse allegations!

I used to love the guy, possibly worship his performances but recent years he annoys me a little and his character too (same with burton but they worked together too much destroying their own films) but I wasn't expecting that
I'm not sure I believe the allegations or not to be honest. Timing seems a little convenient considering Johnny Depp will be vulnerable as of current due to the death of his mother.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
I'm not sure I believe the allegations or not to be honest. Timing seems a little convenient considering Johnny Depp will be vulnerable as of current due to the death of his mother.

It's obviously hard to know but it does all seem strange. His friend came out and said that they suspected something like this was going to be said by Amber.

I don't know why after almost 15 years and kids with Vanessa he doesn't marry her and then marries Amber in a flash and no prenup.

Vanessa has said
"In all the years I have known Johnny, he has never been physically abusive with me, and this looks nothing like the man I lived with for 14 wonderful years,” said Vanessa Paradis, who has a son and a daughter with Mr Depp...I believe with all my heart that these recent allegations being made are outrageous..."

You should read the statement that his comedian mate made about him and his group of friends not trusting heard. For once I actually believe that and I think he's innocent.
But also reading their relationship was mental anyway I can see that

Reactions: Flash
Oh Alice you were truly marvellous :)

Finally saw the film and I loved it. It is an absolutely enchanting film, beautiful cinematography and honestly a lovely story. Ok the similarities between it and the original through the looking glass story are pretty slim but I let that go, this story is a true fairytale. I am sure Lewis Carroll would have loved it and would be so proud that his stories and characters live on almost 150 years later.

I don't like Sacha Baron Cohen and if anything he proves here he can't act, he plays Ali G in Alice in wonderland lol however as it goes on I didn't mind him as the rest of the film was magical.

I LOVED baby Chesire Cat so cute

The recent Depp issues has obviously affected the film and I even did feel a bit sad as he has always been one of my favourite actors for decades. If it's true it's terrible and obviously if it's not it's terrible someone would lie about something so serious.

Putting that aside for a moment he is incredible as the mad hatter again in the film and just epitomises what I would have imagined the hatter to be like when I read the original story.

I loved all the other wee new characters as well,
the seconds are so *****cute

It was a lovely moment to hear Alan Rickmans voice again, he was an incredible actor.

Reactions: lights