Sweden
November 2014
200233-alien-big-chap-002.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-003.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-006.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-007.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-008.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-010.jpg
Exclusive edition: (comes with "Alien" name plate)
2002331-alien-big-chap-001.jpg

2002331-alien-big-chap-002.jpg

Price: $399.99
Manufacturer: Sideshow Collectibles
Link: Pre-order Sideshow Exclusive
Pre-order Regular
Zavvi.com (UK)

Product Size 14" H (355.6mm) x 12" W (304.8mm) x 20" L (508mm)*
Product Weight 15.00 lbs (6.8 kg)*

In space, no one can hear you scream.

Celebrating the 35th anniversary of Ridley Scott's sci-fi thriller Alien, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the long awaited Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust.

One of the most recognizable creatures ever to stalk the silver screen, the Big Chap alien earned its nickname on the film set for its overwhelming size. Recreated in approximately 1:2 scale, this magnificent bust captures H.R. Giger's original bio-mechanical creature design in stunning detail. Sideshow's artists have faithfully rendered the xenomorph's distinctive head carapace with its signature glossy-wet appearance, and a semi-translucent surface reveals the haunting skull beneath. Incorporated into the base of the bust is a relief design of an alien egg and facehugger - a special nod to the rich film lore of the Aliens universe, and an accompanying themed film name plate completes the display.

The Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust is an outstanding addition to any Xenophile collection...just keep it away from the cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanted to jump on this but its only 14inch high and the base is very small,
if you go on the sideshow page and click palm view you will see how small it really is

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/

Im tempted by this, I have the legendary scale Predator which is slightly taller but obviously the Alien is way longer, I should have the Iron man shortly (Ive had it on preorder for years!...delay after delay) I like the size of the 1/2 scale range as I dont have the room for life-sized collectables and I think this will look great next to the Predator

Zavvi's price EEK!:hilarious:

Ive never used collectables direct..anybody have any past experience with them as their price is better than Forbidden planet who I got the Pred and Iron man from (they have it up for £345 + P&P which is about £10 if I recall)

Ive never used collectables direct..anybody have any past experience with them as their price is better than Forbidden planet who I got the Pred and Iron man from (they have it up for £345 + P&P which is about £10 if I recall)

Yep, they're not my main supplier but have ordered from them in the past and decent, professional service.
I believe Lee (guy running CDUK) is a well established trader in the toy community :thumbs:

Reactions: Bobthesub