Alien (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #120) [Czech Republic]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: September 26, 2019 (E1) - October 2 (E2) - October 9 (E3) - September 26 (E4) - October 10 (E5A - E5B)
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Price: CZK 1099 (E1) - CZK 1199 (E2) - CZK 1599 (E3) - CZK 4999 (E4) - CZK 999 (E5A) - CZK 599 (E5B)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Alien, E1.jpg Alien, E2.jpg Alien, E3.jpg Alien, E4 maniacs box.jpg
Alien_FAC.jpg

Alien_FAC-02.jpg Alien_FAC-03.jpg Alien_FAC-04.jpg
37252254_1952893954827571_125020669715939328_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as the other mockups are old Blu-ray art (not even posters!), FilmArena will most likely use whatever new art Fox will make for their new standard UHD releases.

Why? White is still a colour.
Yes, true, but I don't think this is white - probably either silver or grey . . . still, green is the colour usually associated with releases of the first "Alien" ...

.... with this grey/silver on black more associated with the collections:-
1562966357216.png
+
1562966635063.png

On the other hand, they've used a touch of green on their COVENANT steelbook so maybe that's why they've gone with this particular colour scheme for ALIEN 1:-
1562966817773.png

Well IIRC, Manta commissioned illustrations for each movie in the franchise to use on their slips or SteelBooks. But with the Fox/Disney deal and contract stuff happening in China, may very well be delayed a long while. Probably until the rest of the franchise is available in UHD which is apparently years away anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Hey there @C.C. 95 ! I fully understand what you and @TheJoker mean but I personally would prefer an action scene that includes the crew.
Remember the scene where the Alien baby first pops out and the crew were standing around?
Now, how about THAT for an inside cover?
Terrified, WTF faces, covered in blood, from everybody clustered together.
That's something I wish the suits at these decision making meetings would consider....:)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Hey there @C.C. 95 ! I fully understand what you and @TheJoker mean but I personally would prefer an action scene that includes the crew.
Remember the scene where the Alien baby first pops out and the crew were standing around?
Now, how about THAT for an inside cover?
Terrified, WTF faces, covered in blood, from everybody clustered together.
That's something I wish the suits at these decision making meetings would consider....:)
Not a bad idea, @Grendel.:thumbs:
The nice thing is - it is really easy to replace the inside art once you know how!:thumbs:
I like some nice inside artwork - but I don't really get my knickers in a twist over inside art.
I can't, however, change the OUTSIDE art! So I save my spleen venting for that!

I would love to share your enthusiasm, but I really don't like the alien image on the front, which looks like it's made out of dish soap, especially the dome. I like the simplistic concept, and embossing will be amazing, but the image itself is like some fan art.

Insert looks like some behind-the-scenes photo.

(n)
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the swirling paint going on in the dome.
View attachment 437728
There is a reason for that.
Talk about ****** photoshopping
Not my pic
01.jpg

well... finally and i think it's worth the wait...

Dear Collectors,

we are happy to announce the approved WEA exclusive SteelBook ALIEN. This exclusive WEA SteelBook will feature gloss varnish and embossed front side. Embossed mock up together with inside artwork you can check attached below.

There will be released two versions of the exclusive SteelBook ALIEN:

- for single disc configuration Blu-ray
- and for double disc configuration 4K UHD Blu-ray + Blu-ray.

We plan to release the exclusive SteelBook ALIEN in following editions:

E1 FULLSLIP XL + LENTICULAR 3D MAGNET (BD)
E2 DOUBLE 3D LENTICULAR FULLSLIP XL (BD)
E3 FULLSLIP 3D EMBOSSED XL (4K UHD + BD)
E4 MANIACS BOX feat E1 + E2 + E3 + E5B
E5A exclusive double disc SteelBook UHD + BD unnumbered
E5B exclusive single disc SteelBook BD unnumbered

More information coming soon!

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Team FA

What? No magnetic hardbox? :squint:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Hmm. I like parts of each slip but not one single entire slip.

Was gonna go 3D embossed for the whole series but the Prometheus slip was a huge step down from Covenant so I have the DL Prometheus slip. Front DL art here is a bit strange. I like the glow in the dark fullslip with lenti magnet but it’s not 4K. Dunno which to get.