May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 15, 2017
Purchase links: 4K + Blu-ray or - Blu-ray + DVD
Price: $39.99 (4K) - $32.99 (BD)

02.jpg 01.jpg 03.jpg
alien00.png alien01.png

Last edited:
Love the artwork both outside and inside but looks more than a little disappointing compared to how it could have been if a bigger effort had been made . . . such as, embossed fetus and title framed by a border or both de-bossed without a frame.

Reportedly a Satin finish and thus different to the International edition which, according to the manufacturer, is a "matte treatment with the white layer being creatively used to give the Alien details a brilliant metallic shine, giving the slimy goo a wet realistic look".-
O-kay !
Eenie meenie miney . ..

AC.jpg

KCP0vi3.jpg
l8VTG1U.jpg
2e2hzWj.jpg

After seeing this I'd say that the International edition will have the edge.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: robbodoc and Drum18
Got mine today. Satisfied with it.
There's a problem with the digital copy code not working... email sent to Fox...

Also, seems like a LOT of people didn't get their order as there seems to have been some mistake in the inventory and some stock didn't make it to the warehouse... Something bad is happening with this release...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: goufcustom
Got mine today. Satisfied with it.
There's a problem with the digital copy code not working... email sent to Fox...

Also, seems like a LOT of people didn't get their order as there seems to have been some mistake in the inventory and some stock didn't make it to the warehouse... Something bad is happening with this release...
I'm guessing the inventory mistake is due to having 2 steelbook releases. Most employees will not even be able to tell the difference...

They need to do only one SKU for the steelbook. Make it a 4K/BD release only.

I keep seeing a lot of comments from people that they have no use for 4K and they don't plan to upgrade.
The regular blu-ray steelbook was $7.00 cheaper in Canada. Both versions sold out.

I'd prefer if all steelbooks were released with a non 4K version.

I keep seeing a lot of comments from people that they have no use for 4K and they don't plan to upgrade.
The regular blu-ray steelbook was $7.00 cheaper in Canada. Both versions sold out.

I'd prefer if all steelbooks were released with a non 4K version.

To me that would be like saying you would rather they have a dvd version as well when it was Blu-ray taking over. Doesn't make any sense.

To me that would be like saying you would rather they have a dvd version as well when it was Blu-ray taking over. Doesn't make any sense.

I didn't say it made sense. :LOL: I'm just going by what I've read from others here.
But I understand what you're saying. But no, they can keep the DVD.

But for me personally, Blu-ray is the end of the line. I'm a dinosaur. All my favourite movies were released in theatres years ago. I won't be upgrading to 3D or 4K or whatever comes after that. I still have a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV from 2007. Keeps me warm in the winter. And I don't redeem digital codes.

Some people say 3D will die out (for home viewing) and they have stopped making 3D TV's.
And Canada has stopped releasing a lot of movies on blu-ray in 3D.

James Cameron says 4K is crap and a rip-off and that 3D will rule again because that will be the only way you will be able to take home his Avatar sequel if you want to (I don't need to see any of the sequels) and that they will make 3D TV's again.

Is he right? I have no idea. But I believe I've read that 3D TV's will come back again next year.

I feel that I have enough blu-ray movies now to last me a lifetime.
So once regular blu-ray goes, I won't need to buy anymore.

But from a lot of the comments I've read here, people just want to have a choice.