Horror-Theatrical Alien: Covenant - In theaters May 19, 2017

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alien: Covenant (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ridley Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danny McBride[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Crudup[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jussie Smollett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Demián Bichir[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmen Ejogo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Seimetz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Callie Hernandez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexander England[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benjamin Rigby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noomi Rapace[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-08-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
zecMELPbU5YMQpC81Z8ImaaXuf9.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
As per IMDB:

Source:Bloody Disgusting
During a press panel for The Counselor, director Ridley Scott was asked about the current state of Prometheus 2 (Paradise), which has been in development hell since the departure of screenwriter Damon Lindelof.

Good news for fans of the quasi-Alien prequel (that’s me!), he confirms that the screenplay is still being written. Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen was hired back in June to figure out a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the Engineers, which was left in a state of flux when the original one-shot was changed to make way for a trilogy.

Attachments

• prometheus.png
    prometheus.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 455
Last edited by a moderator:
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
alien-logo.jpg

Your next film is a sequel to “Prometheus.”Yeah. Well, really it’s “Alien.” They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.

There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

When you were making the first “Alien,” did you think there was more to explore with that creature?Yeah, definitely. I knew we had done something special. I mean, I knew it as soon as I met with [painter, illustrator and creature designer] H.R. Giger. He was an artist in every sense of the word, but very businesslike. There was no rock ‘n’ roll — well, there was quietly, but he never brought it to the set. And I knew I had something special with this creature that he designed. Without that creature, the film wouldn’t have been the same.

http://www.thewrap.com/ridley-scott-martian-humor-prometheus-alien-prequel/

Reactions: Flloydo
I haven't seen Hateful Eight Yet .

My ears well eyes lit up when I relised he was the mad guy in Machete Kills . He WAS FANTASTIC in that .

I still haven't seen machete kills
Completely forgot about it

I did hear that the guy that plays Mexican Bob was recommended to Tarantino by Rodriguez for hateful eight

‘Alien: Covenant’ Reveals First Official Image
As part of Tuesday’s “Alien” Day celebration, we’re treated to the first image from director Ridley Scott’s “Alien: Covenant.”

Debuting on the official “Alien” Facebook page, the photo reveals the patch worn by the crew of the Weyland-Yutani Corp. colony ship Covenant. Hey, what did you expect, an early look at a new alien?
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/27/alien-covenant-reveals-first-official-image/

covenant.jpg

popcorn2.gif

I heard the news about Noomi which im happy about

But when did Danny Mcbride get cast? That's awesome news!!

Good to see him do something like this (he's the funniest man alive for me at the moment and has been for the past 7 years or so)

However, with the high risk of McBride's flying comes the high reward of hearing all about the practical effects being employed by Scott in this picture. ALIEN: COVENANT is getting back to basics with its aliens... Wait, did I say aliens?

''I didn't know if it would be all green screen, but most of the stuff is practical effects: when you're running from an alien it's really a dude in an alien suit coming after you! The sets are incredible and you're in them: We go through some inclement weather at one point on the spaceship and this whole gigantic set is on a gimbal, shaking up and down. You don't have to use your imagination.''

Looks like we're getting more than Engineers and strange space snakes. We're getting aliens of dude-size chasing people around... Once again, the key word is "aliens." Plus, Scott is once again creating worlds that feel real, that feel lived in, that feel as if they're actually there, shortening the leap you need to make as you suspend disbelief than you would when everything looks like an effect.

here