Horror-Theatrical Alien: Covenant - In theaters May 19, 2017

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alien: Covenant (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ridley Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danny McBride[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Crudup[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jussie Smollett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Demián Bichir[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmen Ejogo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Seimetz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Callie Hernandez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexander England[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benjamin Rigby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noomi Rapace[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-08-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
zecMELPbU5YMQpC81Z8ImaaXuf9.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
As per IMDB:

Source:Bloody Disgusting
During a press panel for The Counselor, director Ridley Scott was asked about the current state of Prometheus 2 (Paradise), which has been in development hell since the departure of screenwriter Damon Lindelof.

Good news for fans of the quasi-Alien prequel (that’s me!), he confirms that the screenplay is still being written. Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen was hired back in June to figure out a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the Engineers, which was left in a state of flux when the original one-shot was changed to make way for a trilogy.

Attachments

• prometheus.png
    prometheus.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally see this last night and thought it was excellent, was better than Prometheus and I still enjoyed that.
I recommend this because it feels like the original two and nothing like Prometheus at all except for fassbenders character who once again steals the show.

Only if you seen the film-
- only if you seen the film

David is incredible in this, still sinister and evil and literally can't believe what he is capable of - destroyed a planet, he's now some sick dr Frankenstein in a way used shaw as a vessel for his creations and the harrowing ending - now he can create a colony of Xenos!!! :OMG:

His little quips and sayings were on point and his character was better than he was in Prometheus - love the fact he's like a faulty model in terms of he's too powerful and they changed the creative part on future models, kinda feel sorry for Walter.
When he's first created he questions where we came from instantly. Everything makes sense now for what he did in Prometheus! Plus the way his father (weylan) treated him has made him hate humans- I know everyone gets the ump about why the engineers wanted to destroy earth after they created it but I see it as like humans we create and destroy, maybe they were always watching us and thought we were getting to big for our boots, maybe we were a quick experiment that got out of hand. It really don't bother me that they wanted to destroy us

And the moment he tries to tame the other creature. Damn - I think the alien would of attempted to kill David tbh, he's getting to big for his boots thinking he's the mother

Good to see mcbride showing of his acting chops too

Fassbender did keep making me laugh though - the singing with his long hair tickled me, the fingering comment lol and did anyone notice the tune he was playing on the flute before it goes tits up? It was from the Prometheus score lol well random

There's a few twists you will see coming but I seriously think this is up there with the first two - at the end of the day the originals are still filled with stupid crew members who do dumb things and easy second is just a action survival no different to this really. Oh and it's very gory which was good

Last edited:
I heard that this is quite a spoiler for part of the film, but also that many of the questions raised in Prometheus don't get anwsered in the film which makes me sad :dunno:

Yeah there's a moment in that clip that is a bit of a spoiler, but luckily I didn't notice it when i watched it lol

In regards to answers, I think it does. You understand why David does what he does in Prometheus and in this if you listen to certain dialogue

fuuny spoiler..ish review

Lol that is quite funny, it's the Australian accent that makes what he's saying funnier. He's right to a degree but there are too many die hard fans with films like alien(s) etc and this is in the same vein as those imo - it's hard to please people when it's films like that

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
Yeah there's a moment in that clip that is a bit of a spoiler, but luckily I didn't notice it when i watched it lol

In regards to answers, I think it does. You understand why David does what he does in Prometheus and in this if you listen to certain dialogue

Lol that is quite funny, it's the Australian accent that makes what he's saying funnier. He's right to a degree but there are too many die hard fans with films like alien(s) etc and this is in the same vein as those imo - it's hard to please people when it's films like that

Dude, can you just tell me if it gives any more information on the origin of the Alien species or Humans? That was what really interested me in Prometheus and raised so many questions for me, does it touch on any of that? Simple yes or no none spoilery anwser would be fine LOL!

Dude, can you just tell me if it gives any more information on the origin of the Alien species or Humans? That was what really interested me in Prometheus and raised so many questions for me, does it touch on any of that? Simple yes or no none spoilery anwser would be fine LOL!

Yes and no lol

To be honest we know the alien origin, it's a pathogen that we see in Prometheus. Engineers were clearly using it as a weapon and it's what was in those canisters in Prom, it's what they were going to use on earth to destroy it,

But the pathogen is so powerful that it creates other life (snake things, squid babies and face huggers) and then depending on what they impregnate depends on what alien you get - dog aliens, weird engineer alien at the end of prom. That was clear from Prometheus. > I always took away that the engineers created the alien by mistake origianlly from this pathogen that can do many things with and they know how powerful it is but maybe there was another planet the engineers have that's full of these test subjects (Xenos) - when the squid breaks loose at the end the engineer knows exactly what that was and what it will become. He knew it had to be killed. So I always assumed the original alien came from some kind of face hugger getting a engineer and then boom - the big guy

The engineers clearly created the alien - but it can be used for many things things like plants too etc

We also know that the origin of humans are from a engineer using that pathogen in liquid form at the start of Prometheus which breaks him down and creates dna bacteria in the water which over millions of years created life. So I'm not sure what you want to know. It's already there

As for why the engineers wanted to destroy us can be many reasons. As humans we like to destroy what we create, we came from them so we must be like them. they have many test planets like the planet in Prometheus so maybe we was a experiment gone too far and they wanted to end it. Earth was one of their test planets

The whole point of Prometheus and covenant is humans being nosey trying to get answers for stuff that maybe shouldn't be explained. People playing god etc. We're just ants to them

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and Maximus15
Yes and no lol

To be honest we know the alien origin, it's a pathogen that we see in Prometheus. Engineers were clearly using it as a weapon and it's what was in those canisters in Prom, it's what they were going to use on earth to destroy it,

But the pathogen is so powerful that it creates other life (snake things, squid babies and face huggers) and then depending on what they impregnate depends on what alien you get - dog aliens, weird engineer alien at the end of prom. That was clear from Prometheus. > I always took away that the engineers created the alien by mistake origianlly from this pathogen that can do many things with and they know how powerful it is but maybe there was another planet the engineers have that's full of these test subjects (Xenos) - when the squid breaks loose at the end the engineer knows exactly what that was and what it will become. He knew it had to be killed. So I always assumed the original alien came from some kind of face hugger getting a engineer and then boom - the big guy

The engineers clearly created the alien - but it can be used for many things things like plants too etc

We also know that the origin of humans are from a engineer using that pathogen in liquid form at the start of Prometheus which breaks him down and creates dna bacteria in the water which over millions of years created life. So I'm not sure what you want to know. It's already there

As for why the engineers wanted to destroy us can be many reasons. As humans we like to destroy what we create, we came from them so we must be like them. they have many test planets like the planet in Prometheus so maybe we was a experiment gone too far and they wanted to end it. Earth was one of their test planets

The whole point of Prometheus and covenant is humans being nosey trying to get answers for stuff that maybe shouldn't be explained. People playing god etc. We're just ants to them

Ok I see where you're coming from, but I thought for some reason that the Aliens had evolved as they jumped from species to species, e.g. from pathogen to human, to create a face hugger type thing, then to engineer to create an Alien type Xeno, then it would continue from there until we get to the Xeno that we all know and love. So maybe that was the root of my questions. The way that you put it makes sense, but I still want to know how the Xeno becomes the one we see in the original Alien and how the Face Hugger becomes the original one which clearly looks like humanish fingers. I supposed that there would be another link in the chain involving humans before we get to the original Xeno.

Anyway if it doesn't address this, its fine, I'm still excited to see it and I'm sure I will love it, because I loved Alien and Prometheus.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Ok I see where you're coming from, but I thought for some reason that the Aliens had evolved as they jumped from species to species, e.g. from pathogen to human, to create a face hugger type thing, then to engineer to create an Alien type Xeno, then it would continue from there until we get to the Xeno that we all know and love. So maybe that was the root of my questions. The way that you put it makes sense, but I still want to know how the Xeno becomes the one we see in the original Alien and how the Face Hugger becomes the original one which clearly looks like humanish fingers. I supposed that there would be another link in the chain involving humans before we get to the original Xeno.

Anyway if it doesn't address this, its fine, I'm still excited to see it and I'm sure I will love it, because I loved Alien and Prometheus.

Very good point mate. Never looked at it like that

The only thing that makes me think what I said might be right is the snake alien, you see some worm things coming out the soil where that pathogen was in canisters and because we know the face hugger for example what ever it breeds with creates a different form of alien. I thought maybe the pathogen mixed with something like soil would create the snake hugger etc - also because shaws "face hugger" was a squid that was from inside her fella as liquid and then they had sex etc I juts think there's millions of different strands depending on the outcome of what the pathogen mixes with and how it's mixed.

To me the original alien is just one version of this but because it's the original film we think it's the ultimate version of you get what i mean.

This will be a trilogy anyway and all I can say is it's 10 years after Prometheus and still a prequel to alien so maybe after seeing this things might be clearer of how you get to the original alien

Thinking about the face hugger - they actually come from an egg don't they? From a alien just like the squid style face hugger coming from a human but as we are mammals we don't lay eggs so that outcome was different. I have a feeling the face hugger we know don't exist yet in Prometheus but because and assuming the engineers are mammals of some sort they also don't lay eggs so the face hugger they would be used to would be different looking. Explaining why he still knew what the squid hugger was

Plus I have theories on how the original hugger and alien come about but it's too much of a spoiler for you. So let me know when you see this and we will talk

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
This movie had excellent visual effects and was entertain for it's slightly over 2-hour runtime. However, the film wasn't without it flaws (deeply flawed). Without going into spoiler territory, the twists if you could even call them that are extremely predictable. Literally every crew member makes moronic decisions. At the end of the day it is a pretty by the numbers sequel but isn't as good as Alien or Aliens. If you can go in expecting mindless entertainment you will come out satisfied but if not the glaring issues will be very distracting from your enjoyment of the film. With that being said, I would give the film a 7.1 out of 10.

This movie had excellent visual effects and was entertain for it's slightly over 2-hour runtime. However, the film wasn't without it flaws (deeply flawed). Without going into spoiler territory, the twists if you could even call them that are extremely predictable. Literally every crew member makes moronic decisions. At the end of the day it is a pretty by the numbers sequel but isn't as good as Alien or Aliens. If you can go in expecting mindless entertainment you will come out satisfied but if not the glaring issues will be very distracting from your enjoyment of the film. With that being said, I would give the film a 7.1 out of 10.

It does have flaws like most sci fi and moronic desicions but don't most sci fi or horrors? Oh why they do that or don't do that etc.

Aliens - she's decides to go back - moronic desicion - but we wouldn't have a film. Only difference with aliens is they are a military team with enough fire power.
And Prometheus moronic desicions based around David actaully make sense especially after his first major convo with Walter. But that's just my opinion

Someone moaned that they walk around on the new planet with out suits etc - but don't they read it has oxygen levels like earth and habitable.

The 3 or 4 Twists are predicable though I agree even though I still loved them. And one did come as a little shock even though I kinda see it coming

I wouldn't say it's better than the originals either but it's easily the 3rd best in the series because it's much better than 3,4 and Prometheus and feels and looks like a proper alien film aswel as having the proper gore factor (unlike Prometheus which was only a few moments)

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing this and honestly I really enjoyed it! Sure, it was predictable and moved kind of quickly but I thought it was very suspenseful (terrifying, almost), had a lot of gore/violence, and perfectly set us up for the next installment.

Very good point mate. Never looked at it like that

The only thing that makes me think what I said might be right is the snake alien, you see some worm things coming out the soil where that pathogen was in canisters and because we know the face hugger for example what ever it breeds with creates a different form of alien. I thought maybe the pathogen mixed with something like soil would create the snake hugger etc - also because shaws "face hugger" was a squid that was from inside her fella as liquid and then they had sex etc I juts think there's millions of different strands depending on the outcome of what the pathogen mixes with and how it's mixed.

To me the original alien is just one version of this but because it's the original film we think it's the ultimate version of you get what i mean.

This will be a trilogy anyway and all I can say is it's 10 years after Prometheus and still a prequel to alien so maybe after seeing this things might be clearer of how you get to the original alien

Thinking about the face hugger - they actually come from an egg don't they? From a alien just like the squid style face hugger coming from a human but as we are mammals we don't lay eggs so that outcome was different. I have a feeling the face hugger we know don't exist yet in Prometheus but because and assuming the engineers are mammals of some sort they also don't lay eggs so the face hugger they would be used to would be different looking. Explaining why he still knew what the squid hugger was

Plus I have theories on how the original hugger and alien come about but it's too much of a spoiler for you. So let me know when you see this and we will talk

Here's a possibility:

• Thanks
Here's a possibility:

Cheers

That's pretty much how I see it I just didn't mention 2 xenos making an egg and instead said queen but yeah you would need two Xenos I figure.

Also like how the goo and face huggers etc work weaponising everything it comes into contact with but different forms

Been waiting for your review on this

Glad you didn't hate it at least

Love the Jurassic park comment. Your right I suppose

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
What burger you getting/ going for? Anything wild?

Well originally it was going to be a nice Bacon Cheeseburger from Byron, but Byrons was closed for refit..boooo!

Well overall I was disappointed, not to say its a terrible movie but you can see it really struggled in parts with it's story. It felt like due to the outcry other Prometheus not having the traditional xenomorph they felt like they had to shove it in somehow and create a story around it. It also felt like originally the white alien was going to be the main alien or something until they decided they need the black one in somehow. I was finding the story kinda interesting right up until the reveal of David creating the Alien then I pretty much face palmed. The reveal of who we thought was Walter being actually David was obvious and stupid and made little sense.

Also what bugged me the most is Mother being able to talk and all the tech looking way more advanced then any other Alien movie

You can see this movie was trying to do something different at its core but due to everyone wanting Black Xenomorphs in this movie it really made the whole thing a bit of a mess. I would have been fine with this movie just having the white alien and seeing it slowly evolve into the Alien we all know (maybe in the 3rd movie?)