Alien - Covenant with Sanity Exclusive Cover & Pre Order Booklet [Australia]

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Release Date: August 16th 2017
Purchase Link: Sanity
Price: $29.99

alien.jpg

Pre Order at Sanity to grab a free bonus booklet!

alien bonus booklet.jpg

@Mark Wilson Are u getting this? Might go in tomorrow and order it. In Australia its not often we can walk into Sanity and order an exclusive lol
Sure am. Would have loved the booklet be part of a digibook for us poor suckers down under but at least we're getting the booklet. And i do love that artwork. Just too bad Sanity aren't releasing the 4K version with this cover.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Sure am. Would have loved the booklet be part of a digibook for us poor suckers down under but at least we're getting the booklet. And i do love that artwork. Just too bad Sanity aren't releasing the 4K version with this cover.
At least Sanity are finally trying to catch up and are releasing more exclusives. :)

Yes be good if sanity where to get more exclusive titles and i wish amazon would hurry up and get going here as there be more on offer and maybe help bring down prices of jb and sanity.

@Mark Wilson Are u getting this? Might go in tomorrow and order it. In Australia its not often we can walk into Sanity and order an exclusive lol
Preordered today and the Sanity girl suckered me into some more preorders. She was just too damn good at her job.
Sanity exclusive cover?
This is the cover of the Manta Steelbook.:rofl:
Exclusive for Australia... Don't take this away from us @C.C. 95... We don't get many exclusives :(:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Preordered today and the Sanity girl suckered me into some more preorders. She was just too damn good at her job.
Exclusive for Australia... Don't take this away from us @C.C. 95... We don't get many exclusives :(:rofl:
:LOL:
@Mark Wilson - where are your PETER WEIR exclusives?!!!
Dammit! Own that Australia! He is your boy! He is one of the finest directors of our time.
I want magnum editions of The Year of Living Dangerously, Gallipoli, The Last Wave, etc.!!

:LOL:
@Mark Wilson - where are your PETER WEIR exclusives?!!!
Dammit! Own that Australia! He is your boy! He is one of the finest directors of our time.
I want magnum editions of The Year of Living Dangerously, Gallipoli, The Last Wave, etc.!!
I find Australia's relationship with its film past really strange. We've got a fairly decent catalogue of important directors (Weir, Noyce, Beresford, etc.) and films which I would regard as honest to god classics like Wake in Fright and Breaker Morant, and yet we don't really celebrate or talk about them that much. Luckily, many have been restored (although I find the National Film and Sound Archive's restorations to be problematic), and they do get released locally every now and then. I have noticed more and more Australian films being re-released though, and while it's mostly schlock and exploitation stuff, I'm not gonna complain about Blu-rays of things like The Man from Hong Kong and Gallipoli. I think Criterion have the rights to most of Weir's old stuff, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon; I would kill for The Last Wave.

Fun fact, a producer of Weir's 70s stuff (literally all of it) is actually a client of my work. He's not in the business anymore, but it freaks me out that almost on a daily business I get to see this unassuming old guy who's actually an important part of cinematic history.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I find Australia's relationship with its film past really strange. We've got a fairly decent catalogue of important directors (Weir, Noyce, Beresford, etc.) and films which I would regard as honest to god classics like Wake in Fright and Breaker Morant, and yet we don't really celebrate or talk about them that much. Luckily, many have been restored (although I find the National Film and Sound Archive's restorations to be problematic), and they do get released locally every now and then. I have noticed more and more Australian films being re-released though, and while it's mostly schlock and exploitation stuff, I'm not gonna complain about Blu-rays of things like The Man from Hong Kong and Gallipoli. I think Criterion have the rights to most of Weir's old stuff, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon; I would kill for The Last Wave.

Fun fact, a producer of Weir's 70s stuff (literally all of it) is actually a client of my work. He's not in the business anymore, but it freaks me out that almost on a daily business I get to see this unassuming old guy who's actually an important part of cinematic history.
Yeah - other companies have done some stuff. Criterion did PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK & BREAKER MORANT and Arrow did WAKE IN FRIGHT.
But I consider YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY and GALLIPOLI masterpieces. They deserve a red carpet treatment (as does THE LAST WAVE).
Probably Noyce's RABBIT PROOF FENCE, NEWSFRONT, and definitely DEAD CALM.
But, yeah there are tons of great Aussie directors: Scott Hicks, Alex Proyas, Fred Schepisi, John Hillcoate, P.J. Hogan (who made the definitive Peter Pan movie), Gillian Armstrong, Jocelyn Moorehouse, the brand new Jennifer Kent, Baz Luhrmann, Andrew Dominik (who directed the great Nick Cave documentary ONE MORE TIME WITH FEELING)...
And of course the old lions Bruce Beresford and George Miller.
Ozploitation films are a bit of a lark, let's get on with the good stuff!!
P.S. - where is Yahoo Serious?:hilarious:;)

You need to get that guy telling some war stories about working on the Weir films!!!

Yeah - other companies have done some stuff. Criterion did PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK & BREAKER MORANT and Arrow did WAKE IN FRIGHT.
But I consider YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY and GALLIPOLI masterpieces. They deserve a red carpet treatment (as does THE LAST WAVE).
Probably Noyce's RABBIT PROOF FENCE, NEWSFRONT, and definitely DEAD CALM.
But, yeah there are tons of great Aussie directors: Scott Hicks, Alex Proyas, Fred Schepisi, John Hillcoate, P.J. Hogan (who made the definitive Peter Pan movie), Gillian Armstrong, Jocelyn Moorehouse, the brand new Jennifer Kent, Baz Luhrmann, Andrew Dominik (who directed the great Nick Cave documentary ONE MORE TIME WITH FEELING)...
And of course the old lions Bruce Beresford and George Miller.
Ozploitation films are a bit of a lark, let's get on with the good stuff!!
P.S. - where is Yahoo Serious?:hilarious:;)

You need to get that guy telling some war stories about working on the Weir films!!!
Most of his credits are as a producer, but he was also an assistant director on Wake in Fright. He was there when they filmed the infamous kangaroo hunt.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95