Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 23, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 03.58.09.png

@Stygian if the Best Buy Canada SteelBook actually turns out to have English and French titles on the cover, as pictured, I'll likely a) return the SteelBook to BB, or b) sell it to another member (at cost), and jump across the border to Best Buy USA, in Bellingham, to grab a copy. However, I have trouble believing the cover will be as pictured, or at least I hope it isn't. I also find that Western Canada is often less concerned about following the French "rules", unlike the rest of Canada, so maybe even if the cover is as pictured, out west, it won't be.

Reactions: Stygian
@Stygian if the Best Buy Canada SteelBook actually turns out to have English and French titles on the cover, as pictured, I'll likely a) return the SteelBook to BB, or b) sell it to another member (at cost), and jump across the border to Best Buy USA, in Bellingham, to grab a copy. However, I have trouble believing the cover will be as pictured, or at least I hope it isn't. I also find that Western Canada is often less concerned about following the French "rules", unlike the rest of Canada, so maybe even if the cover is as pictured, out west, it won't be.

My guess is that it will have a sticker with the French title like previous steelbooks have. It is highly unlikely that they would do a special run just for Canada with the French title printed directly on the steelbook itself.

Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: Thwip and Stygian
My guess is that it will have a sticker with the French title like previous steelbooks have. It is highly unlikely that they would do a special run just for Canada with the French title printed directly on the steelbook itself.

Cheers!

I hope that's the case.
I personally haven't seen a SteelBook with a sticker on it with the French title. Can you name a couple of titles as an example?

I hope that's the case.
I personally haven't seen a SteelBook with a sticker on it with the French title. Can you name a couple of titles as an example?

Off the top of my head, I know Fantastic 4 had a sticker on the cellophane at the bottom. There are a couple of others, but would have to dig into my steelbooks to find them.

I fortunately checked Best Buy's steelbooks before going to bed when it went live a couple nights ago. By the time I woke up, it was sold out.

Sold out already? Yikes. I dont actually mind this price point since it includes 3D and 4K. Hoping for a restock!

I can understand printing the "Battle Angel" text in English and French on a bilingual steelbook.
What gives with printing ALITA twice?
That torpedoes the entire steelbook.
HA! Go check out our slipcovers!!! Pisses the s**t outta me. Since it's slipcover, they just print them on the cover :angry::angry::angry:

This has come back into stock twice briefly so far...very briefly...for maybe an hour or 2 each time I think so keep checking.

Started checking on this at 8:30AM to 4:00PM with an autorefresh every minute and never came back for more than a few seconds. Still a long ways to go before release so maybe will come back before then, otherwise, I have my zavvi copy ordered.

Cheers!

I can understand printing the "Battle Angel" text in English and French on a bilingual steelbook.
What gives with printing ALITA twice?
That torpedoes the entire steelbook.

:LOL: I want to order it just for the double ALITA. :rofl: Very special edition. Unfortunately BB CA does not ship to my end.

Reactions: C.C. 95