Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: July 23, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

c.jpg

Matte, flat, and no back? Lame.

I hope something international at least has some gloss and embossing.

Matte, flat, and no back? Lame.

I hope something international at least has some gloss and embossing.

The UK version (and I assume the rest aside for the US) are spot gloss/satin finish.

The German Steelbook might even have embossing on top of spot gloss. The different magenta/cyan German Steelbook is spot gloss debossed. The Black Barons SteelBook will be full gloss embossed. The US SteelBook is likely pretty much the only low quality one.

Reactions: apsmith21
I grabbed a copy for now. I don't know if I'll keep it or not, but I did check it closely. One copy had scratches near the spine. I didn't see any spine slash and I looked at every copy in the store. In a 250 mile radius, only 2 stores are out of stock. The store i was in had at least 5 or 6 copies and a guy picked up 2 or 3 just before me. At first I only found the one with the scratches (and I wasn't buying that), but then I found another partially opened box with an Alita Display and several copies of the steelbook were under it. They should have used the art from the standard slip on these. I'm torn on keeping this, because I know I'm going to go for the BB version and the low quality may mean it's tough to get my money back once i have that one.

Thanks for the pics - that streaky matte seems unnecessary and a bit of an insult for the price and even though the spot gloss is absent the hand does have some beautiful metallic reflections to all the gold parts - from wrist to finger joints ...

1563921669796.png
1563921147420.png
1563921314281.png

... but still maybe not as attractive as the ROW steelbook:-
1563920281636.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
I noticed on Monday there were 28 listings on eBay for sellers who ship to Canada selling this.
Today there are 90 :LOL:

So my wife went to pick up my copy for me around 10:30 Tuesday morning. The guy at the pick up desk tells her that my orders been canceled. After acting weird about it he took her over to where they were and one copy was left. Luckily it was in perfect condition. The thing is I got all the texts and emails confirming the order and that it was ready to pick up. I checked to see if it had been canceled and of course it had not been. I had to cancel it myself for the money to be released in my account. I remember this happening once before with another steel that had a low mass production. I remember the guy at the counter acting really weird about it and it was pretty obvious that he took for himself. He was acting way to shady about it and then magically discovered a copy in the back that wasn't reserved. Even the manager looked at him weird about it. My wife wife said that this guy was acting in a similar fashion. My guess is he heard it was rare and wanted to resell it. I'm glad I lucked out and still got one but it really frustrates me that people will go out of there way to be dishonest just so they can get something themselves.

One of the best pics I've seen so far of this steelbook showing off those gorgeous gold metallic reflections - comes courtesy boy_1972:-
1564874309776.png

Reactions: Stygian
You can't see the rest of the hand or the title though, terrible image.

I believe it was done deliberately to show off the metallic parts. I think it looks great. This steelbook in hand really is amazing. The hand really does look like it is made up of different parts and the "gold" metallic spots look like individual pieces that can be removed.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I believe it was done deliberately to show off the metallic parts. I think it looks great. This steelbook in hand really is amazing. The hand really does look like it is made up of different parts and the "gold" metallic spots look like individual pieces that can be removed.
I really like the cybernetic hand but the back is really disappointing. The studio should have at least made an effort to do something rather than nothing at all.

Reactions: Shark and Stygian
I really like the cybernetic hand but the back is really disappointing. The studio should have at least made an effort to do something rather than nothing at all.

When I saw the back was blank, I decided to not go and pick up my in store order, hopefully someone else can enjoy it instead. :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Too bad you don't appreciate the GitD effect ... for the rest of the hand you only need to look at post #69 in this very thread.
The images in post #69 are fine though, I do appreciate the gold accents, it's the image you posted was bad. ie., the image was shot incorrectly or altered to the point that the rest of the steel is unseen.

Last edited: