Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #21) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: December 11, 2019
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3
Price: 1499 CZK (E1) - 1599 CZK (E2) - 1099 CZK (E3)
Group buy: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4
Note: Magnetic Hard Box (gift when buying all three editions)

FB_IMG_1563362453519.jpgBB_Alita; Battle Angel, E1.jpgBB_Alita; Battle Angel, E2.jpgFB_IMG_1563302968863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Might not be released until January 2020?! @CollectorEmtee I’ve got an Into the Spider-Verse that’s been sitting waiting to be combined with my Alita E1, is that problematic? These constant delays aren’t my fault but I feel bad letting my other purchase sit there for months and months

Reactions: DMD4k
Might not be released until January 2020?! @CollectorEmtee I’ve got an Into the Spider-Verse that’s been sitting waiting to be combined with my Alita E1, is that problematic? These constant delays aren’t my fault but I feel bad letting my other purchase sit there for months and months
If carllenc is running out of room would you be ok if he stored your Spider-Verse in the bath tub when no one is bathing? :p
Seriously, like you say, since the delays are not your fault I am sure carllenc will bend over backwards to accomodate you.
Sorry for my butting in.

Latest update:
  • we kindly inform you that BLACK BARONS #21 ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Edition #3 will be completed and ready for shipping today.

• let us kindly inform you about the postponement of the release date of edition BLACK BARONS #21 ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Edition #1 due to overprinting full slipcase that did not pass our quality check. We estimate the updated release date to be December 11, but please note in advance that this date may not be final and may be re-postponed to January 2020.
FFS! Ridiculous!

Maybe if they didn't look for payment months before they had an actual product in hand I wouldn't feel as frustrated.

The whole process seems to take forever with FA compared to any other retailer :(

Barely any premium Retailer releases anything on time.
However, I would concede that FA are very consistent at delays.
In fact I would go as far to treat their release dates more like an ETA rather than a set in stone Release date :)

I had suspicions that many wouldn't get this in hand until next year, I remember not getting my T2 maniacs box till around March after a late 2018 release was planned (and before that my Spiderman: Homecoming maniacs box arrived months after the single editions)

That's my biggest problem with FA's delays is that if you do go for their equivalent of a OC you're left looking at everyone else's pics for weeks/months and by the time your order does come in you've lost all anticipation for it, that was definitely the case with both T2 and Homecoming for me

So December 11th currently for E1, then Karl has to go and pick them up & ship them out that's another couple of weeks, then the time to get from the Czech Republic over to the UK is another couple of weeks (I'm currently waiting on an order from Carl which was shipped on the 30th Oct and still waiting for it to arrive now) so yeah no chance of this arriving this year and that's without factoring in any further delays from FA :(

Latest update:
  • we kindly inform you that BLACK BARONS #21 ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Edition #3 will be completed and ready for shipping today.

• let us kindly inform you about the postponement of the release date of edition BLACK BARONS #21 ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Edition #1 due to overprinting full slipcase that did not pass our quality check. We estimate the updated release date to be December 11, but please note in advance that this date may not be final and may be re-postponed to January 2020.
just received the same mail (E3 ordered), without the E1 part od course :D:D
Looking forward to it :hungry::hungry:

Before replying I want to make it clear this is not just a problem for FA, the same is true for the other retailers when and if they fail to meet a deadline. However, it's also true that for some of them this is more of a recurring problem than for others, so it's definitely something that can be improved on, so why shouldn't they?
It’s not black and white as you may make it sound.

Retailers aim for a release date however most often there are issues that could not have been anticipated.
Granted. However, when the same excuses are given release after release (or even multiple delays for a release, such as this one) they become the norm. They should be anticipated, that's the whole point. They need to do a better job at getting their ducks in a row or at predicting realistic timeframes for their product to be fully assembled. If the person in charge gets this wrong time and time again then maybe he/she needs to be fired or relocated elsewhere in the organization. He/she might be great at folding slips or sticking lentis and we'd never know about it! Give someone else another shot at guesstimating, it can't be much worse...
Retailers work with a multitude of partners to have the components of a release manufactured and the delays are often due by them.
True. Maybe they should have QC at every third party manufacturing site, instead of a final QC check. Who knows. Again, we get the same reason over and over for delays, lenti quality, fullslip printing quality, etc., etc. They should take measures so that it doesn't affect us as at all, or in the worst case only occasionally.
Manta for example is more transparent than FAC. Recently Manta had to delay a release (title slips my mind) but they were not happy with the lenticular quality that they received and had them all redone.
Same thing. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Both retailers need their butt whooped. It's their responsibility to meet their deadlines. And I'm not bashing, I appreciate both of these retailers work, they do great work when it finally gets delivered, I'm just complaining about constant delays. It's really unacceptable, there is no reason for it and we should stop seeing it as normal.
Theses issues happen with many components which are made by different partners. FA may not be as transparent to provide the reason of delays, but it definitely has to do with waiting to receive every parts from whomever they work with and a single delayed item can add unforeseen delays to the release which is out of control from the retailer.
I understand all that. Maybe they need to work with those other parties so these delays stop happening, or maybe they need to find new manufacturers, or maybe someone needs to be fired.
They have incredibly reduced their delays since the start of the line, it used to be bad and now we talk about week delays only and people start making a fuss. As you point out Other industries may not have delays or their delays may have minimal consequences, but there are many industries putting out delayed products (for example a high amount of food products get backorder regularly), but we have to take into account that when your product relies on more and more partners, then you do lose some control at times. In this hobby there will always be delays.
You've been collecting for way longer than I have, I'm just a noob, but if some retailers are able to release a product on release date or sooner why shouldn't they all? It's obviously humanly possible to do so. They're quick to take our money for a pre-order, sometimes if we miss out by more than a couple of minutes we're left with nothing, so they're good at that. They're not so good at delivering and I believe they should be! That's all I'm saying and where we disagree basically.
But is it that bad waiting for extra days or week ? Will this affect your quality of life ? Those retailers work hard to give us premium editions at a collector level, showing some support and understanding might be a nice thing to do.
No, it's not that bad... life goes on. But why shouldn't they strive for better customer service? I do support them, I buy plenty of premium editions and I understand occasional delays will happen, but regular and constant delays? No thanks. They are premium retailers, they should hold themselves up to higher standards than those of the likes of Best Buy or Zavvi, and if they don't then we should.

Just my $0.04 LOL.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I don't mind the delay that much. Something to look forward to during a usually boring, boring January.
I know we have Martin Luther King Jr. Day in January in the U.S.
Whoopee!

No worries, this is not your fault and Im sure this one copy of Spider-Verse wont take so much space and Karel can hold it until Alita E1 is out :thanks:

Reactions: Skyarcke