Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #21) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: December 11, 2019
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3
Price: 1499 CZK (E1) - 1599 CZK (E2) - 1099 CZK (E3)
Group buy: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4
Note: Magnetic Hard Box (gift when buying all three editions)

FB_IMG_1563362453519.jpgBB_Alita; Battle Angel, E1.jpgBB_Alita; Battle Angel, E2.jpgFB_IMG_1563302968863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

We have discussed this with FilmArena because they also received some comments about this.

They said this is not being considered as a manufacturing issue or defect because these boxes are all hand made and most of these boxes have this. On some its more visible, on some not that much, most likely depends on how hard the magnet was attached to the box.

One customer wanted to have his box replaced due to this, but FA said its not possible to manufacture the box without the magnet and the way its done the magnet will be visible on most copies so for them this is no reason for replacements.

I myself have this on my copy too (at the bottom), but came across another copy which had it visible more on the top side so I guess it varies.

Nope this is normal

View attachment 465296

What @Mickle_89 posted isn't
Even the company knows about this. Do you have the same magnets in all of the box sets? Yes is the answer. Is your box somehow manufactured differently than others? Hell no. Therei s no manufacturing difference in yours. This was mass produced. Is your indentation less evident? maybe. I have around 20 of these. They are as normal as can be.
I can take a photo just like yours and show no indentation. You might be able to fools others but the manufacturer and I know better.

Even the company knows about this. Do you have the same magnets in all of the box sets? Yes is the answer. Is your box somehow manufactured differently than others? Hell no. Therei s no manufacturing difference in yours. This was mass produced. Is your indentation less evident? maybe. I have around 20 of these. They are as normal as can be.
I can take a photo just like yours and show no indentation. You might be able to fools others but the manufacturer and I know better.

No it's not less evident, it's non existent

Filmarena, the actual manufacturer already mentioned that it's normal like I said. I wasn't imagining it like someone here is. They trump whatever you or I say. It's ok to be in denial...

Filmarena, the actual manufacturer already mentioned that it's normal like I said. I wasn't imagining it like someone here is. They trump whatever you or I say. It's ok to be in denial...

What exactly am I in denial over? That my copy that I can see with my own two eyes is perfect? If anyone is in denial over that fact it's you pal

Thanks to those that replied to my query. It's just as I expected, hit and miss as to whether your box will have it or not. But as I hadn't heard anyone else publicly mention theirs was like this, it caught me by surprise when I first saw it EEK! I reached out to Karel and Martin shortly after my post to which I received a similar response just as above, that Filmarena are already aware of this and don't consider any of them defects. Oh well, IMO it looks very poor/amateurish and shouldn't be like that, or considered normal by any means, but upon research I've now seen many that have it. Albeit difficult to see the full extent of theirs as the pics I've seen haven't been trying to highlight them like I did. Other manufacturers manage to conceal lid magnets etc so for FA to fail on hiding theirs, or to use excuses such as the magnets are very strong and then just disregard it, is pretty disappointing (n) It's all about the finishing touches and this is supposed to be a premium product afterall. Never once have I came across this issue before on any magnetic OC Box I've had personally.

I'll just have to remind myself it's a "gift" for buying every edition and being such a loyal customer :smug: ;)

I got my Hard Box this week. It will not be opened and I will not check for magnet indications or any other inperfection.
I am glad to have this edition too, thanks a lot Karel!

Just an FYI regarding the round magnet @urbeenjammin was stating was on every release. All other BOXSETs that I have do not close with round magnet @Mickle_89 , they are a strip placed from top to bottom of the box about an inch wide on the flap that closes the box and they do not create any indentation whatsoever. This is the only box that I have round magnet closing the box.

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
Just an FYI regarding the round magnet @urbeenjammin was stating was on every release. All other BOXSETs that I have do not close with round magnet @Mickle_89 , they are a strip placed from top to bottom of the box about an inch wide on the flap that closes the box and they do not create any indentation whatsoever. This is the only box that I have round magnet closing the box.
Sorry for the confusion. Every box for this release. Not every Filmarena release. Sorry...

Sorry for the confusion. Every box for this release. Not every Filmarena release. Sorry...

Aw oki makes sense. From all the FAC Boxset I own it’s the only one that closes with magnet(wrap around box) usually they will be harboxes or Maniacs(which both do not require any magnets). Probably being their first magnetic Box they will learn for the future. But all Blufans, Manta etc... when require to be a magnetic box they use a magnet strip.

I barely see an indentation on one of the magnet from the front(I had to read here regarding the issue in order to actually notice it)...My Box if fine from the front but once you open the flap you do see the magnet inside the box. But it’s not a big deal.

This is BB/FAC first magnetic Boxset, their usual MANIACS Box or Hardboxes do not have any magnet in the product.

Other retailers do not have that issue as they use thin magnet strips the whole height of the box and about 1inch wide, so the flap closes nicely on those boxes without making any indentation(Blufans, HDzeta, Manta Lab, Novamedia etc...)

I barely see an indentation on one of the magnet from the front(I had to read here regarding the issue in order to actually notice it)...My Box if fine from the front but once you open the flap you do see the magnet inside the box. But it’s not a big deal.

This is BB/FAC first magnetic Boxset, their usual MANIACS Box or Hardboxes do not have any magnet in the product.

Other retailers do not have that issue as they use thin magnet strips the whole height of the box and about 1inch wide, so the flap closes nicely on those boxes without making any indentation(Blufans, HDzeta, Manta Lab, Novamedia etc...)
Fortunately, I have no intention of opening this puppy up...I’ve bought a bare steel version to admire the steelbook and to rip the extra disk to my server.