Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #117) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 24, 2019 (Standard), August 21, 2019 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC
Price: CZK 1099 (Standard) - CZK 1499 (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

65691979_2558539724262988_6205329561979191296_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking by then James Cameron will make use of the new glasses-free Dolby 3D tech. Such a thing could be added to the UHD spec making Alita the last "Blu-ray 3D" release while the Avatar sequels can be "Ultra-HD 3D" or "Dolby Expanse" or whatever.
If anything will revive 3D it’s Jim Cameron

Would like to believe there is some sort of backwards compatibility with current 3D discs that would be read by the newer screens....one can hope

I hope so :woot::woot:
Let's be optimistic :thumbs::thumbs:
And let's hope Panasonic will support the Glass-free 3D Dolby technology in future OLED TVs, of course :D:D

Last edited:
If they're using a 4K display then it being full HD for each eye makes sense and should still be a huge improvement over Blu-ray 3D, especially if it takes advantage of the 12-bit color depth and HDR from Dolby Vision.

If this were the Steelbook design, what would be your opinion on it? It's not theatrical artwork or such but I like this design of Dr. Ido's Journal and it does feel very Steelbooky.

The debossing would be pretty cool, and the worn metal finish could be recreated with spot gloss. Doubt Fox would finish a WWA Steelbook that nice but I'm just throwing it out there.

JI0ZtXOh.jpg

2JINPwfh.jpg

Last edited:
If this were the Steelbook design, what would be your opinion on it? It's not theatrical artwork or such but I like this design of Dr. Ido's Journal and it does feel very Steelbooky.

The debossing would be pretty cool, and the worn metal finish could be recreated with spot gloss. Doubt Fox would finish a WWA Steelbook that nice but I'm just throwing it out there.

JI0ZtXOh.jpg

2JINPwfh.jpg

I don't like this type of steelbook... (like Doctor Strange and Ant-Man WWA).

JI0ZtXOh.jpg

2JINPwfh.jpg
Nice idea, but I'm more of a poster art kinda guy when it comes to steels, so I'd actually prefer that as a slipcover... maybe with a foil-type finish of some sort?

JI0ZtXOh.jpg

2JINPwfh.jpg

Yeah I'd say this is a cool idea, but as @Noodles said I would also prefer poster artwork on the steel.

I did a quick concept on what I think could be the artwork for the steelbook, would like your thoughts!

Alita Battle Angel whole.jpg

Really appreciate the insight Apollon's post provided (pg 1) direct from FAC but... sigh... MORE Aliens? MORE Predators?
There are so many other films out there deserving of a Premium release!
Much as I love those two fliks, my interest expands beyond two franchises and there is no shortage of nice releases for A & P ....:(

Nice idea, but I'm more of a poster art kinda guy when it comes to steels, so I'd actually prefer that as a slipcover... maybe with a foil-type finish of some sort?

Ohhhhhhhhhh it'd be a perfect slip or OC box, didn't think of that.

Yeah I'm hoping the Steelbook is something like this poster below but with the Motorball track on the bottom moved to the back cover in a FilmArena wraparound sort of way, finished and debossed in a FilmArena sort of way as well. Too bad FilmArena isn't doing one.

KJrwgcsh.jpg

JI0ZtXOh.jpg

2JINPwfh.jpg
I’d love something unique like this but we’ll likley get poster art used

IIRC there’s usually a ton of localized SteelBook variants to James Cameron productions, so let France have their weird flipped spine.

I like the “doll” hand cover, though. If that’s more what the WWA is I don’t mind.