Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #117) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 24, 2019 (Standard), August 21, 2019 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC
Price: CZK 1099 (Standard) - CZK 1499 (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

65691979_2558539724262988_6205329561979191296_o.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! Last question - Are these PET cases a tight fit or there is a little 'breathing' space for the XL slips? They would be a no if they don't have some room to allow easy movement which may otherwise 'scratches' the XL slip whenever I pull out or drop in a FAC XL. Thanks.

Mine have a lil Breathing room

• Thanks
Reactions: eau
happy days. :happy: thanks very much to @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee for the GB and as-ever swift, safe delivery. :thanks: i know this may be sacrilege for some, but i have always been an opener and a watcher :wow:. delighted with this overall package. :drool: WeET looks good, also, but this is more than enough for me. unboxing below, or, if you are just interested in the pictures, here’s the photo album.
View media item 26744
1 / slipcase
so let’s have a look at this. front and back are very heavily textured, variations of spot gloss, thick varnish, and an almost glittery sandpaper texture, as well as the standard full slip texture. artwork is top notch (apart from that massive tower error), lovely repro.

here are more pics of the sealed back, and stickers, j-card and numbering card, and the top, spine and base, as well as pics of the slip interior, with the artwork from front and back repeated inside:
but it’s the details on the front and back that are fantastic. i actually think the back image would have been a better cover, but both are strong in their treatment. both have been glossed in a way which makes Alita’s eyes shine when the light catches them. it’s a lovely effect and quite deliberate, especially with her glitter sandpaper under-eye warpaint. the berzerker armour has been brought out well, too.

detailed pics of the slip front:
i prefer the back image, especially the artwork. the mix of shiny textures and flat artwork is in more of an equal ratio, and they’ve done a great job. again, it’s got the treatment on her eyes, and the artwork is good.

detailed pics of the slip back:

so, this is everything you get with this release. the lenti magnet uses a depth lenti and is not as good as some of their previous, but not as bad as others.
View media item 26722and the reverse sides:
View media item 26721
2 / steelbook
the steel has had a lot of stick - and deserves it for the black back.:facepalm: but i am in the minority of always liking the front image, and the treatment here is nice. gloss and debossed would of course have been preferable, but the slight treatment of the gold sections and patterns on the palm of her hand have been picked out. steelbook pics under the spoiler:

inside is what we should always see for a 3D release - all 3 possible formats. nice to see different artwork in each disc:

3 / collector's folder
the collector’s folder uses my favourite image on the front, but i had not seen the back art before - really nice. :thumbs: the photo cards are better for me than the character cards, but again as for all XLs the stock is good and the quality high. that said, i’d be happy to lose the postcards if it meant the slip wasn’t an XL:

4/booklet
this is the kind of booklet i much prefer; photos, text, info about the film, actor breakdowns. :) good quality stock and prefect bound:

overall, i have not yet seen any WeET in hand shots, but this will do very well for me. if you can, get a copy. :thumbs: i’ll leave it up to you if you unseal it!

Last edited: