Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #117) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 24, 2019 (Standard), August 21, 2019 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC
Price: CZK 1099 (Standard) - CZK 1499 (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

65691979_2558539724262988_6205329561979191296_o.jpg

Last edited:
@Damon M Please keep it respectful buddy... the person in those photos may be watching these threads.
Of course. As someone’s who is used to others taking the mickey out of me, and not caring one hoot, and embracing the humour, I do become forgetful that others can be easily offended.

No offence intended.

Reactions: Noodles
Of course. As someone’s who is used to others taking the mickey out of me, and not caring one hoot, and embracing the humour, I do become forgetful that others can be easily offended.

No offence intended.
No need to apologise buddy... we all have different sense of humours of course, so it's just a case of being careful and considerate of how others may perceive it etc.

Trust me, I've made similar mistakes before... but then we all do! We're only human after all. :)

This one does have Dolby Vision *and* HDR10+ in addition to the HDR10 core on the same disc, which is pretty cool if you think about it.

It is interesting since HDR10+ is in direct competition with DV.

Fox has pretty much mandated HDR10+ on every new UHD but Cameron is squarely in the Dolby Vision camp so voila, the release was delayed a month later than expected and the disc has both premium HDR formats, and also there’s a worldwide 3D release.

The power of James Cameron.

Reactions: goufcustom
Fox has pretty much mandated HDR10+ on every new UHD but Cameron is squarely in the Dolby Vision camp so voila, the release was delayed a month later than expected and the disc has both premium HDR formats, and also there’s a worldwide 3D release.

Indeed.
Which is why 3D TVs will be back when Avatar 2 hits. He was the one who spearheaded the new 3D push - and he is not gonna give it up.
(He even said that when Avatar 2 comes to home video it will ONLY be in 3D with no 2D option)

well but why didn't he also include the IMAX scenes? power not strong enough?

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
well but why didn't he also include the IMAX scenes? power not strong enough?

IMAX Experience discs are a new option, and if Cameron is as goody-goody with IMAX as I think he is, they’re saving the IMAX version for that. I figure that’s also why Disney has purposefully withheld IMAX ratios on Marvel UHDs as well, so they can be re-released as IMAX Experience discs a few years down the line and cause many people to double dip.

Who knows, maybe IMAX Experience discs will be the way for 3D to come to UHD in the future.

Reactions: goufcustom
IMAX Experience discs are a new option, and if Cameron is as goody-goody with IMAX as I think he is, they’re saving the IMAX version for that. I figure that’s also why Disney has purposefully withheld IMAX ratios on Marvel UHDs as well, so they can be re-released as IMAX Experience discs a few years down the line and cause many people to double dip.

Who knows, maybe IMAX Experience discs will be the way for 3D to come to UHD in the future.
Btw- the Imax audio protocol has been vetted and proven to largely be a sham.
It offers nothing over Dolby or DTS - apparently it is the equivalent of adding an Aural Exciter plug-in to the mix.

Btw- the Imax audio protocol has been vetted and proven to largely be a sham.
It offers nothing over Dolby or DTS - apparently it is the equivalent of adding an Aural Exciter plug-in to the mix.

HDR10+ is the same amount of pointless. The only thing going for IMAX Experience discs is branding and the expanded IMAX image.

Reactions: C.C. 95