Alita: Battle Angel (Evolution Edition Gift Set) [USA]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release date: July 23, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon (Exclusive to Prime Members)
Price: $199.99

alita - evolution edition gift set.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get that number from?
magical powers.......

ha .. nah so since I know James Cameron is the biggest procrastinator ever and only seems to work on what he cares about (ie. wont allow others to release True Lies or The Abyss for him) I then figured no damn way he signed that many of Alita thus figured it would be rare.... sooooooooo I typed in 1,000 in qty and it errors out and tells you the qty that is in stock. And since its showing as an amazon exclusive (prime) at least for now ... it would appear that would be all the stock that is left.

For all we know tho his assistant signed his name for him. lol.

Where did you get that number from?
magical powers.......

ha .. nah so since I know James Cameron is the biggest procrastinator ever and only seems to work on what he cares about (ie. wont allow others to release True Lies or The Abyss for him) I then figured no damn way he signed that many of Alita thus figured it would be rare.... sooooooooo I typed in 1,000 in qty and it errors out and tells you the qty that is in stock. And since its showing as an amazon exclusive (prime) at least for now ... it would appear that would be all the stock that is left.

For all we know tho his assistant signed his name for him. lol.

Well there ya go...and as of now it’s 130. Don’t think non prime folks will get a shot at this.

This is a bit pricey but curious if amazon usa charge up front?if im not mistaken amazon uk do this don't they when pre ordering or was it just a certain edition im sure it was game of thrones set.

I think someone wrote that it was a glitch in the system in the EU Amazons and that it is fixed. Anyhow I have pre-ordered one... 37 left.

This is a bit pricey but curious if amazon usa charge up front?if im not mistaken amazon uk do this don't they when pre ordering or was it just a certain edition im sure it was game of thrones set.
Pre-ordered on the day of release, and it looks like you dont have to pay until the item ships. I think that maybe the case for everything on amazon (regarding pre-orders, but dont quote me on that) And I'm ordering from the UK, just hope it arrives safely.

There is only 138 left.
I can't figure out if people are cancelling orders or they're just adding inventory as needed. Yesterday they had less than 30...today it's over 80 (not the first time I've seen it jump back up).

I wonder if they're really sitting down and signing all of these or if they're doing it once and a signing machine just mimics what they wrote.

amazon USA takes payment at time of shipment. Its wise to pre-order asap as they charge the lowest price it ever was during the whole time you had preordered. Typically they send you an email afterwards bragging about how much you saved by preordering.

If you "may" cancel just set an alert in your phone for the a couple days before release date to decide.

So...Is this the Evolution set or the Limited Edition collector's set? The mock up shot has Evolution but the link shows Limited Edition Collector's set.
Also, the number of copies has jumped up again.I think that before the release date, whatever the number of copies they sell will be the number of copies it will be limited to.

So...Is this the Evolution set or the Limited Edition collector's set? The mock up shot has Evolution but the link shows Limited Edition Collector's set.
Also, the number of copies has jumped up again.I think that before the release date, whatever the number of copies they sell will be the number of copies it will be limited to.
Wow only just noticed that, I think that may of just been a mock up they sent commingsoon.net, as they did an article on the piece a few days before pre-orders went live. And the Amazon linked set is the final version of the cover.

Also does anyone know If Amazon has any leeway in regards to paying for pre-orders, as I could pay for it when the set ships, but being able to pay 2 days after would be a heck of a lot easier on me. Like do they give you a specific time frame to pay? Or just simply cancel the pre-order if payment could not be taken on the date?

FYI, as of right now there are only 18 left. Not sue what happened, since yesterday there was 130-150. Maybe they had a flash deal that I missed.

got mine cancelled
You canceled or they did. I placed an order hoping for a price drop but does not look like it will happen for me this is a bit expensive in aud and not sure if even worth it. And if history repeats itself it probably sent in a large jiffy bag.

I cancelled. They keep adding new units every day so I believe at least 10ku + are available. I will wait for a price drop. Meanwhile I will get FAC / Black Baron editions

Reactions: Steely-Booked
thats possible, and it may be like an exclusive embargo in that this is offered here and later offered up WITHOUT autographed card to other retailers. Cause due to min. order qty in manufacturing I doubt the entire set is like limited to just a couple hundred etc.

thats possible, and it may be like an exclusive embargo in that this is offered here and later offered up WITHOUT autographed card to other retailers. Cause due to min. order qty in manufacturing I doubt the entire set is like limited to just a couple hundred etc.

I dont think so. I think they started off trying to limit the inventory to drive sales, but now they’ve opened the spigot. Regardless, to me the only thing that made this worth getting was a hand signed Certificate and I don’t think there’s any way Cameron or Rodriguez would sign several thousand of these. I cancelled it. Hopefully I’ll get the BB release, which I think is far better (but I should add that I’m more interested in the art on the box and the slips than art cards, prints and a small book.

Regardless, there are definitely well over 1000, because there was over 1000 available for the last several days.

Reactions: Tompa
I just checked now, and apparently they only have one left in stock now...
I think that whole 1000+ was just some amazon muckup, or them just ending the run of them now.
Could be wrong though.