Alita: Battle Angel (Evolution Edition Gift Set) [USA]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release date: July 23, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon (Exclusive to Prime Members)
Price: $199.99

alita - evolution edition gift set.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, as of right now there are only 18 left. Not sue what happened, since yesterday there was 130-150. Maybe they had a flash deal that I missed.

I’m not sure what they’re doing, but if you put it in your cart, and start checking out, it’ll let you raise it to 999. But maybe that’s a bug? OK, so I bought 1, and immediately went back to the product page and it still had 1 left. Needless to say I cancelled it again. I may regret it, but my gut says the CoA is just a printout (or at best it’s been signed by machine. For those that ordered, I hope I’m wrong.

FYI, as of right now there are only 18 left. Not sue what happened, since yesterday there was 130-150. Maybe they had a flash deal that I missed.

FWIW, one thing I recently noticed is that unlike the original picture, the current picture has a signed CoA, while the original was blank (see the pictures on the first page.

im not sorry for cancelling it and saving over 280$ (including import, vat fees). no way it will be personally hand signed.

Well I don't see how they can get away with saying "Signed certificate of authenticity" if its not actually signed, anyone could do that what would make that authentic. We'll that's what I'm telling myself, and I don't see them having the balls to charge $200 for some printed signatures.

Has anyone asked them and questioned the signing as if printed then it's got a big price tag you never know they might drop it, drop the seed in there heads they might just drop price lol. I remember here in au I just happen to want a soundbar which had been on offer with a few retailers but was too late, I kept on at Amazon au saying it was a few months since you had other retailer prices cheap,they gave me lol $10 for nothing and within a couple of week of further emails lol they finally took the price down so I scored not only in the price but my $10 free.
I know that jb hifi has this item as a prize when they buy alita and normally these prizes are top end hard to get prizes or sometimes one of a kind, so maybe this is a rare unique edition to own or might drop in price and glad I waited.
I have had so much things over the years I have paid full price for and soon after it's reduced a lot,sometimes it pays to own asap and sometimes not.
I just don't get why the amount available goes up often.

It doesn't help that in Amazons listing the wording for the signed certificates states - "Copy of Certification of Authenticity signed by James Cameron, Robert Rodriguez, and Jon Landau"

That 'Copy' bit sounds like a get out clause, I suppose you'll only find out when people start comparing theirs with each others to see if there is a difference.

You can always return it.Amazon will accept it if you tell them you expected it to be real signed certificates instead of copies.You have nothing to lose.Their customer service is excellent and I speak from experience.

There's been numerous editions that come with an unsigned certificate of authenticity, plus the endo arm for T2 had a James Cameron 'autograph' printed on the underside of it. I'm willing to bet that this set will have a certificate of authenticity that has the signatures printed on.

There's been numerous editions that come with an unsigned certificate of authenticity, plus the endo arm for T2 had a James Cameron 'autograph' printed on the underside of it. I'm willing to bet that this set will have a certificate of authenticity that has the signatures printed on.
I see a lot of returns.It's what they deserve for overcharging.The consumers should not be satisfied with a copy and should not comply.They need to make a stand.

As someone who usually never turns down a collector's edition... I'm so glad I turned down this collector's edition. Someone posted pictures on FB and it is no way worth the asking price. Would have been close to $300 AUD. That's more than the gorgeous looking Black Barons set will likely set me back. And all for a small book, 2 art prints and a photocopy of signatures. This is the first time in a long time I'm happy I didn't add a collector's edition to my collection.

Reactions: Tompa
As someone who usually never turns down a collector's edition... I'm so glad I turned down this collector's edition. Someone posted pictures on FB and it is no way worth the asking price. Would have been close to $300 AUD. That's more than the gorgeous looking Black Barons set will likely set me back. And all for a small book, 2 art prints and a photocopy of signatures. This is the first time in a long time I'm happy I didn't add a collector's edition to my collection.
I've been waiting to find out about the signatures. To me, that was the only thing that could make it worth 200 bucks. Glad I canceled my order and thanks for the report on the sig. I'm waiting on the BB version too.

I've been waiting to find out about the signatures. To me, that was the only thing that could make it worth 200 bucks. Glad I canceled my order and thanks for the report on the sig. I'm waiting on the BB version too.
No worries. Yeah a major disappointment and far too overpriced. Another Amazon review confirms the photocopy too. Take the movie and the photocopy out of the set and it works out to be around $170 for a small book and a couple of prints. Madness.

1564027516184.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Not mine

Looks ok imo albeit nowhere near the quality something of this price point should be

Those might be real signatures. I think we’d need to see more than one cert to know for sure. If they’re real, that’s probably what you’re paying for. I assume Those guys would get at least 50 bucks/signature if they went to a convention. My guess is they’re all the same and they used an auto sig machine....and looks like some reviews have confirmed that (though they think they’re photocopies, which is possible, but given that the original picture of the cert had no signatures, I think they are auto signed).

Last edited:
so you want to tell me that James Cameron and Rodriguez signed 1000+ certificates???? like they have nothing else to do in their lives.

Those might be real signatures. I think we’d need to see more than one cert to know for sure. If they’re real, that’s probably what you’re paying for. I assume Those guys would get at least 50 bucks/signature if they went to a convention. My guess is they’re all the same and they used an auto sig machine....and looks like some reviews have confirmed that (though they think they’re photocopies, which is possible, but given that the original picture of the cert had no signatures, I think they are auto signed).