Alita: Battle Angel - In theaters February 14, 2019

Apr 14, 2014
4.17 star(s) Rating: 4.17/5 6 Votes
Title: Alita: Battle Angel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Cast: Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Ed Skrein, Mahershala Ali, Jennifer Connelly, Keean Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lana Condor, Jackie Earle Haley, Eiza González, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Marko Zaror, Elle LaMont, Leonard Wu, Casper Van Dien, Jeff Fahey, Idara Victor, Sam Medina, Liz Tabish, Tristan Riggs, Jorge A. Jimenez, Billy Blair, Keil Oakley Zepernick, Derrick Gilbert, Marque Hernandez, Don Daro, Liza Wilk, Rachel Prieto, Michael Love Toliver, Charlotte Delaney Riggs, Gregory Alexander Wight, Gary Teague, Heath Young, King, Ricky Lee, Alex Moore, Michael W. Bunch, Betsy Medina, Alan Nguyen, Amanda Marie Wilkinson, Michael Wakefield, Philippe Auguste, Tyler Vogel

Release: 2018-12-20

Plot: An action-packed story of one young woman's journey to discover the truth of who she is and her fight to change the world.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Robert Rodriguez[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Rosa Salazar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christoph Waltz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ed Skrein[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mahershala Ali[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Connelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keean Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Rodriguez[/ACTOR],

Plot: In the twenty-sixth century, a female cyborg is rescued from the scrap heap by a scientist.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oecJvFDBahI7lwlDHX7PyExGXrJ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

James Cameron plans to direct a film adaptation of the Japanese manga named Battle Angel Alita, known as GUNNM in Japan.

Cameron said the film would be a live-action adaption of the first four volumes of the manga series;

"What I’m going to do is take the spine story and use elements from the first four books. So, the Motorball from books three and four, and parts of the story of one and two will all be in the movie". Cameron also previously stated that he was waiting until CGI technology was sufficiently advanced to make a live-action Alita film with effects comparable to Avatar.

Cameron's producer Jon Landau said “I am sure you will get to see Battle Angel. It is one of my favourite stories, a great story about a young woman’s journey to self-discovery. It is a film that begs the question: What does it mean to be human?' Are you human if you have a heart, a brain or a soul? I look forward to giving the audience the film.”

Cameron plans to start filming after he completed his Avatar series, and therefore the film will likely not hit screens before 2019.

Plot of the manga goes like this;

"Battle Angel Alita tells the story of Alita, an amnesiac female cyborg. Her intact head and chest are found by cybermedic expert Daisuke Ido in the local dump. Ido manages to revive her and names her Alita . The rebuilt Alita soon discovers that she remembers the legendary martial art Panzer Kunst, although she does not recall anything else. Alita uses her Panzer Kunst to first become a mercenary Hunter-Warrior, killing cyborg criminals in the Scrapyard, and then as a player in the brutal sport of Motorball. "

And here is how the Motorball looks like

@Drum18 Time to open this thread :thumbs:

Who Will Headline Alita: Battle Angel?
alitanewbar.jpg

Source: ComingSoon.net

In development for years and years, Twentieth Century Fox is finally moving forward with plans for Alita: Battle Angel. As reported last fall, James Cameron and Jon Landau will produce the manga adaptation under their Lightstorm Entertainment banner with Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City) set to direct. Now, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that three names have emerged to potentially play the Alita: Battle Angel lead. Those names include Maikia Monroe (It Follows, Independence Day Resurgence), Rosa Salazar (The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Man Seeking Woman) and Zendaya (K.C. Undercover, Spider-Man: Homecoming).

UPDATE: The trade has added Bella Thorne (The DUFF, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip) to their list of names being looked at for the Alita role. It is also said that Zendaya’s commitments to Spider-Man and other projects could push her out of the running.

Set in the 26th century, Alita: Battle Angel tells the story of Alita, an amnesiac female cyborg who is rescued from a scrapyard by a doctor. The rebuilt Alita, remembering only her training in a deadly martial art, becomes a hunter-warrior, tracking down and eliminating vicious criminals. Within the context of an epic action-adventure, the film will explore a young woman’s journey of self-discovery and finding love.

“Robert and I have been looking for a film to do together for years,” Cameron said when the film was officially announced back in October. “So I was pumped when he said he wanted to do Battle Angel. He’s very collaborative and we’re already like two kids building a go-kart, just having fun riffing creatively and technically. This project is near and dear to me, and there’s nobody I trust more than Robert, with his technical virtuosity and rebel style, to take over the directing reins. We’re looking forward to learning a lot from each other while we make a kick-ass epic.”

“Battle Angel is an incredibly rich and vibrant epic in the tradition of Jim Cameron’s spectacular, character-driven films,” Rodriguez added. “Getting to work from Jim’s terrific and visionary script while learning the cutting edge techniques he’s pioneered is a master class in filmmaking. It’s an honor to explore the world of Alita along with Jim and Jon, whose films have impacted me for decades.”

Cameron has been developing the big screen adaptation of the manga series for over 10 years, but now that the director is in pre-production on four Avatar sequels he has his hands a little full.

popcorn2.gif

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Hopefully this actually does get made and not shelved, it was first announced god knows how many years ago...It seems live action movies based on Anime/Manga go into development hell (e.g. Akira)

Hopefully this actually does get made and not shelved, it was first announced god knows how many years ago...It seems live action movies based on Anime/Manga go into development hell (e.g. Akira)

much depends on how Ghost in the Shell performs. IMO.

Quite honestly with Avatar taking up all of Cameron's time, it is doubtful he will be involved much. Still, i would love to see this as much as the next man. Or woman. :)

Back in the 1990s when Cameron was going to direct - this was interesting. Now more than 20 years later, with Rodriguez....not so much. I mean, who gets excited about anything directed by Robert Rodriguez anymore? His food recipe extras on his DVDs are better than his movies are now.

Oh yeah! Me likey! :hungry: :drool: :thumbs:

‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Adds Eiza Gonzalez
angelalitamovie.jpg

Eiza Gonzalez has joined the cast of “Alita: Battle Angel” opposite Rosa Salazar, Jackie Earle Haley, Ed Skrein, and Christoph Waltz.

Looks pretty cool IMO. Although I wish they hadn't CG'd her face to look like an anime character... I found it too distracting.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database