Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: All the Old Knives

Genre: Romance, Action, Thriller

Director: Janus Metz Pedersen

Cast: Chris Pine, Thandiwe Newton, Jonathan Pryce, Laurence Fishburne

Release: 2022-04-08

Plot: Romance and espionage set the stage for this thriller when two former lovers meet for one meal that one of them may not survive.

I really, really enjoyed this film. Just finished watching it on Amazon Prime. I hadn't watched any of the trailers or read anything about it. I just knew that a new movie was premiering on Prime today starring Chris Pine.

I'm warning you now that this isn't an action movie. There isn't any real action in it at all. Don't let the word Romance throw you off in the OP Genre: Romance, Action, Thriller line either. This is more of a Mystery and Suspense kind of film.

That Plot description in the OP is awful as well. This isn't a slow, boring story. i found it moved along quite nicely.
This takes place in a few different settings that goes back and forth from 2012 and 2020.

Although I was almost positive early on as to what was going on...I don't want to say too much, or anything at all really, not even in a spoiler...it still kept me guessing and doubting myself.

A certain aspect of it reminded me of another movie from decades ago which I also love and I was really hoping this would go that way as well.

Check it out. I hope you enjoy it as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I've liked Thandie (now Thandiwe) Newton since M:i-2 and The TRUTH about CharLIE, and Chris Pine has grown into an excellent actor I'm always glad to see, so downloaded this without watching any trailers, or even reading a synopsis.
Watched it tonight, it wasn't as good, as I expected, a little too slow. The ending with a double twist is great, but the whole predicament could probably be setup in half the time - there's plenty of TV series that jam more into a 42-minute episode. So a one-time watch for the actors. A little plus for a dig at American sanctions on Iran.
Nice somber version of Lovesong during end credits, though I like the cover by Snake River Conspiracy, will post in the Music section of the forum.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database