All Things Rock Band Megathread- Rock Band 3 Coming Soon!

Jan 29, 2009
The Rock Band franchise is a series music video games developed by Harmonix Music Systems.

Rockband.jpg
61btbncD4uL._AA300_.jpg
Rockband3BoxArt.png
51LEdQGTGUL._AA300_.jpg
RockBandGreenDayBoxArt.jpg
LegoRockBandBoxArt.jpg

The game allows players to perform in virtual bands by providing up to four players with the ability to play three different peripherals modeled after music instruments (a guitar peripheral for lead guitar and bass guitar gameplay, a drum peripheral, and a microphone). These peripherals are used to simulate the playing of rock music by hitting scrolling notes on-screen. In addition to the songs included on the game discs there are hundreds of additional downloadable songs are being released via the PSN store; all of these songs, existing and future, are compatible with all Rock Band titles.

(Note: LEGO: Rock Band can only play songs that are rated E)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Announced via The Rock Band Zine-

Iron Maiden 12 songs -

Aces High (live)
2 minutes to midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness
The Clarivoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (live)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)
Iron Maiden (Live)

All master recordings combing the classic album tracks with the awesome live recordings.

Edit: Here is the image from the email I received...

rbcz14_1w.jpg

rbcz14_2q.jpg

rbcz14_3q.jpg

rbcz14_4q.jpg

Last edited:
Rockband Green Day

The popular punk-rock band Green Day may get some Rock Band treatment, according to a comment from front-man Billy Joe during a radio interview this morning. During the interview on KROQ 106.7 FM, an audience member asked when Green Day would appear on Rock Band. Joe simply replied: ?Uh, yeah, we?re doing a whole Green Day Rock Band? uh.?

While the less-than descriptive comment could mean anything from a full game to downloadable content, the idea of a Rock Band with Green Day content is not unrealistic. We?ve already seen Aerosmith and Metallica Guitar Hero games, and Pearl Jam?s 10 album on Rock Band; plus, later this year we?ll see The Beatles: Rock Band.

While there?s no official announcement about Green Day: Rock Band, it would make sense that one of the biggest American bands would join its brothers in music rhythm game royalty, especially with its latest release of "21st Century Breakdown," a world tour, a musical, and its continued pursuit of world domination.
________
Vaporizing Herbal Blends

Last edited:
Punk rock trio Green Day is bringing its catalog of music to MTV Games and Harmonix's Rock Band, confirming the news dropped by the band itself earlier this week.

While details about just how much of the band's back catalog are still to be revealed, the partnership will kick off on July 7th with three downloadable tracks from the bands new album are made available for Rock Band and Rock Band 2. The three tracks from 21st Century Breakdown include "21 Guns," "Know Your Enemy," and "East Jesus Nowhere."

While maybe not "a whole Green Day Rock Band" as singer/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong hinted at during a radio interview this week, MTV Games notes that "additional Green Day songs and projects will be announced at a later date."

Any requests? Besides the obvious option of being able to play "Longview" in LEGO Rock Band, that is.

As of this point, we’ve seen almost everything The Beatles Rock Band has to offer. The beautiful trailers, the astounding opening cinematic, the gameplay, the screenshots- everything except for the setlist itself. We only know of the ten confirmed songs that played over the opening cinematic for the game, but if the information we just received is correct, then the game’s full setlist is out there- and it’s great.

The rumored setlist features all of the songs that were in the cinematic, from “I Saw Her Standing There” to “Here Comes The Sun”, but features some new Beatles classics such as “Can’t Buy Me Love”, “Help!”, and “Revolution”. There are some songs that were obviously not going to be in the game- piano heavy songs like “Hey Jude” aren’t present, but I’m still ready to plunk down $250 for the full game bundle. (Especially with my current absence of any Rock Band gear.) I’m not going to try and influence you, though- you can make your own decision after viewing the “leaked” setlist after the jump.

[Thanks tazar!]

* “I Saw Her Standing There”
* “Please Please Me”
* “Twist and Shout”
* “All My Loving”
* “I Wanna Be Your Man”
* “She Loves You”
* “I Want to Hold Your Hand”
* “A Hard Day’s Night”
* “And I Love Her”
* “Can’t Buy Me Love”
* “I’m A Loser”
* “Baby’s in Black”
* “I Feel Fine”
* “Help!”
* “Ticket to Ride”
* “I’ve Just Seen a Face”
* “I’m Down”
* “Drive My Car”
* “In My Life”
* “If I Needed Someone”
* “Day Tripper”
* “Taxman”
* “She Said She Said”
* “And Your Bird Can Sing”
* “Paperback Writer”
* “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
* “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”
* “Good Morning Good Morning”
* “I Am the Walrus”
* “Hello Goodbye”
* “Revolution”
* “Back in the USSR”
* “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”
* “Birthday”
* “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey”
* “Helter Skelter”
* “Hey Bulldog”
* “Come Together”
* “Something”
* “Octopus’s Garden”
* “Here Comes the Sun”
* “Don’t Let Me Down”
* “Dig a Pony”
* “I’ve Got a Feeling”
* “Get Back”

Source: ripten.com/2009/06/14/rumor-the-beatles-rock-band-set-list-leaked/

If you?ve been missing the twang and cry that only comes from country music, you?ll soon be able to sing about your dying dog and your cheating wife when the Rock Band Country Track Pack stumbles to retailers on July 21. The pack will feature 21 songs from country stars like Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Shania Twain, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers, and Willie Nelson.

t_139158_boxart-rockbandcountrytrackpack.jpg

PlayStation 3 owners will be able to transfer the songs directly to their hard drive, while PlayStation 2 owners will have to play the tracks directly from the track pack disc. The pack features 13 new songs, plus eight songs currently available as downloadable content, and will go for $29.99. Many of the tracks will be exclusive to the Rock Band Country Track Pack disc for a limited time before joining the Rock Band Music Store.

Below is the complete list Harmonix released today.

1. Alan Jackson "Good Time"*
2. Brad Paisley "Mud on the Tires"
3. Brooks & Dunn "Hillbilly Deluxe"
4. Cross Canadian Ragweed "Cry Lonely"*
5. Dierks Bentley "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"
6. Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon "
7. Drive-By Truckers "3 Dimes Down"
8. Jason Aldean "She's Country"*
9. Keith Urban "I Told You So"*
10. Kenny Chesney "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"*
11. Kenny Rogers "The Gambler"*
12. Lucinda Williams "Can't Let Go"
13. Martina McBride "This One's For The Girls"*
14. Miranda Lambert "Gunpowder & Lead"
15. Montgomery Gentry "Gone"*
16. Rascal Flatts "Me and My Gang"*
17. Sara Evans "Suds In The Bucket"*
18. Shania Twain "Any Man of Mine"*
19. Steve Earle "Satellite Radio"
20. Trace Adkins "Swing"*
21. Willie Nelson "On the Road Again"*

* Denotes track new to Rock Band
________
Bmw m21

Last edited:
Rock Band Network Lets Anyone Upload Their Music, Launches In '09

MTV Games and Harmonix are opening up the Rock Band music store to everyone later this year. The Rock Band Network allows any artist to upload and price their own tracks for users to download from the game's music store.

According to a report from Billboard, that service will launch sometime this year for the Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band, with plans to bring those "popular tracks" to the PlayStation 3 and Wii versions "eventually." Artists can submit their songs to a group of "Harmonix-trained freelance game developers" who will prep the tracks for use in game.

Artists can price their songs between 50 cents and $3, netting 30% of track sales. Rock Band owners will be able to preview Rock Band Network songs before they purchase.

MTV Games senior VP Paul DeGooyer says the Rock Band Network features a "set of serious professional tools to allow people on the front line of writing and recording songs to completely control their destiny with respect to interactive products and then giving them direct access to the download store."

Those tools are expected to enter a public beta program in August. A preview web site for creators has just been launched.

There's a good reason the Rock Band Network will be initially available only to Xbox 360 users. Harmonix and MTV Games are relying on Microsoft's Creators Club and the company's XNA development platform to handle the development of artist uploaded track to something that's playable in Rock Band.

The new artist network is Harmonix's answer to Activision's "GH Tunes," the music creation and marketplace tools that launched with Guitar Hero World Tour. Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said that his company would take a "radically different approach" to user song uploads.

It's different, that's for sure. And it'll likely go a long way to helping Harmonix reach those 5,000 downloadable tracks in Rock Band this year... or eventually.

Harmonix reveals new Beatles: Rock Band tracks

Harmonix has unveiled a further eight tracks for its hotly anticipated music romp The Beatles: Rock Band, including iconic cuts such as ?Yellow Submarine? and ?Twist & Shout.?

Here?s the full list: "Can't Buy Me Love," "Eight Days A Week," "Paperback Writer," "Revolution," "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Twist & Shout," "Within You Without You," and "Yellow Submarine."

The track list for the game now stands at 18. The Beatles: Rock Band is due out on September 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Wii and Xbox 360.
________
CHEAP GAMO ROCKET PELLET CALIBER PELLETS

Last edited:
The Beatles: Rock Band Hands-on

There are very few games we?d describe as magical. Some, like Ico and Okami, immediately spring to mind. Certainly we?d never rank a music game among those sensational few? right?

Wrong. The Beatles: Rock Band transports players to the past; back when a few fellows from Liverpool were rocking the world with their unique and inspirational music. To not only hear and see, but to create that music is undoubtedly a thing of magic.

Harmonix recently invited PSU to Cambridge to check out a build of The Beatles: Rock Band in action. After a quick tour of the studio (click here for pictures), we played all 10 currently announced songs: ?I Saw Her Standing There,? ?I Want to Hold Your Hand,? ?I Feel Fine,? ?Day Tripper,? ?Taxman,? ?I Am The Walrus,? ?Back In The U.S.S.R.,? ?Octopus?s Garden,? ?Here Comes The Sun,? and ?Get Back.?

Check out the video here: psu.com/The-Beatles--Rock-Band-Hands-on-Preview--a007786-p0.php

Obviously, The Beatles: Rock Band has an outstanding set list. After all, it features solely Beatles songs, which means no more scrolling through the track list to find ?the good songs.? Admittedly, the game?s overall difficulty is easier than that of the first two Rock Band titles, but that?s because the Beatles don?t ?shred.? Still, those seeking a challenge will find numerous tricky tracks to tackle. Outside of offering support for up to three vocalists?allowing players to recreate those famous Beatles harmonies?most of the base Rock Band gameplay remains unchanged. One small exception: drum fills have been removed, in favor of a simpler system; overdrive is now activated simply by hitting the glowing green gem that appears in place of full fills. Other than that?well, it?s pretty much Rock Band. With The Beatles. What more could you want?

It?s not only the music that makes The Beatles: Rock Band so magical; the creative visual spectacles that complement each song are equally integral to the game?s undeniable appeal. Each member of The Beatles has been faithfully recreated in an appropriate stylistic fashion. The Fab Four don?t appear too cartoony, nor do they look too realistic, successfully bypassing the uncanny valley while retaining a charming and recognizable feel. Their appearance doesn?t remain static across the entire game, however; their attire and style within each song accurately reflect that point in their career. So John, Paul, George, and Ringo look young and snazzy while playing Lennon and McCartney?s 1963/64 single ?I Want To Hold Your Hand,? whereas they look like hippies while performing Harrison?s 1969 hit ?Here Comes The Sun.?

site_the-beatles:-rock-band-ss-8.jpg

The venues work much in the same manner as The Beatles? shifting appearances. The locations on display span the entirety of The Beatles? career, from their humble beginnings at The Cavern Club to their surprise rooftop concert atop Apple Headquarters, and everything in-between. Some Beatles music was never intended for live audiences, however, and the visuals in those songs reflect that. Instead of playing at a venue, The Beatles are initially shown playing in a studio, but they slowly slip into what Harmonix calls ?dreamscapes??essentially visual interpretations of the songs. The imaginative dreamscapes are funny, crazy, beautiful, and even a bit frightening (we?re looking at you, ?I Am The Walrus?). Ultimately, it?s like The Beatles: Rock Band comes packed with 45 real Beatles music videos from the 21st century; as a result, simply watching the game is nearly as rewarding as playing it.

There?s no need to complicate the overarching message, so here it is, straight and simple: The Beatles: Rock Band does justice to the best band in the world, and you?d be a fool to miss it. Be prepared to smile, dance, and laugh come 09/09/09.
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited:
that screenshots are really tempting!!
I'm looking forward to pick this game up
but I'm more in to playing with my band indeed :D

Rumor: PSP Go bundled with Rock Band

When Sony officially revealed the PSP Go, some eyebrows were raised by the system's $249.99 price point. After all, the current PSP-3000 system can play everything the PSP Go can play, has a UMD disc drive, and sells for $169.99 new.

When was the last time a new system came packed in with a game on day one?

Some of that sticker shock may be alleviated, as Best Buy indicates that the $249.99 price will at least include a game. According to the retailer's product listing, the retail packaging should contain "PSPgo system, USB cable, AC adapter, and Rock Band Unplugged voucher."

Harmonix and MTV Games' rhythm title Rock Band Unplugged released in June to a warm critical reception. Currently, the game sells for $29.99 on its own, although it debuted at $39.99. As with its console counterparts, Rock Band Unplugged allows players to purchase additional songs to play through the in-game storefront.

Representatives with Sony and Harmonix did not return requests for confirmation on the pack-in promotion as of press time. Also, it remains unclear if the voucher is exclusive to Best Buy or is a retailer-agnostic pack-in. Retailers like Amazon and Wal-mart do not list the handheld as being bundled with Rock Band Unplugged.

gamespot.com/news/6214813.html

Best Buy.com

Compact and ultraportable, PSPgo proves that good things really do come in small packages. Smaller and mightier than any previous PSP system, PSPgo makes it even easier to enjoy your favorite digital entertainment virtually anywhere. With its sleek, slim design, impressive 16GB of built-in memory and Memory Stick Micro support for additional storage, this compact and portable system makes it fun and easy to play games, keep in touch with friends and more.

This piano-black PSPgo system brings games and movies vividly to life on its brilliant, crisp 3.8" LCD. Access the PlayStation Network for free via Wi-Fi and download any of a wide array of games and movies. Because PSPgo relies entirely on digital content, there's no need to worry about carrying around game discs. Bluetooth support makes it easy to connect a wireless headset so you can use the built-in microphone to communicate with your friends via Skype. Plus, an included PlayStation Store voucher for Rock Band Unplugged lets you start enjoying PSPgo's rocking features right away.
Product Features

* Enjoy a world of digital entertainment options on the go, including games, movies and communication
* 3.8" display showcases games and movies with crisp clarity
* Download games, movies, TV shows and more via the PlayStation Network; all-digital content requires no game discs to play
* Enhance the fun of favorite games with add-on game content
* Discover the excitement of upcoming games with free playable demos
* Access a variety of digital services to support the PSPgo system
* Store content on the ample 16GB memory, or expand your storage options with the device's Memory Stick Micro support
* Converse with friends via Skype using the system's Bluetooth functionality and built-in microphone
* Browse, organize and transfer PlayStation Store content or content from your PC to the PSP system via PSP Media Go functionality
* Includes PSPgo system, USB cable, AC adapter and Rock Band Unplugged voucher
* Color: Piano Black

Rock Band Unplugged???

GamesCom: Rock Band to reach 1k songs by end of year

As if 800 songs weren’t enough, Harmonix and MTV Games say the number of songs available via the Rock Band Music Store will reach 1,000 by the start of 2010.

At GamesCom, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos revealed that new tracks from Queen, Tom Petty, Nirvana, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, The Raconteurs, and Korn will help grow the Rock Band collection to 1,000 songs.

And, as you probably guessed, we can expect even more tracks announced before the holiday season.

Talking Heads, The Jam & more for new Rock Band DLC

Celebrated American rockers Talking Heads will be headlining next week’s Rock Band update for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners, reports Joystiq.

The group, which enjoyed critical and commercial success through the years 1974-1991, will hit the music simulation title via a special Track Pack consisting of five songs. PS3 owners will be able to get their mitts on the tracks from September 3, and can either fork out for the whole pack for $8.99 USD or pay $2 USD for individual tunes.

The tracks are as follows:

"And She Was" ($2)
"Crosseyed & Painless" ($2)
"Girlfriend is Better" ($2)
"Once in a Lifetime" ($2)
"Take Me to the River" ($2)

In addition, the following artists will also be making an appearance:

Avenged Sevenfold -- "Bat Country"
The Jam -- "A Town Called Malice"
The Jam -- "Going Underground"
Oasis -- "Supersonic" (Live)
Rage Against the Machine -- "Guerrilla Radio"

Finally, PSP owners can sink their teeth into the following for a measly $1.99 USD each.

Franz Ferdinand -- "Lucid Dreams"
Guns N' Roses -- "Riad N' the Bedouins"

SingStar: The Beatles Rock Band Rumoured

Electronic Arts will be partnering with Sony Computer Entertainment to distribute a companion to the forthcoming The Beatles: Rock Band, it is currently believed. Exclusive to the PlayStation 3, after the official launch of its newly redesigned model today, SingStar: The Beatles Rock Band is believed to be set to hit retail shelves shortly after the forthcoming release of The Beatles: Rock Band.

SingStar: The Beatles Rock Band is set to be a singing-only companion to The Beatles: Rock Band, which launches on September 9th, 2009. The release will come packaged with SingStar branded microphones when it arrives this Autumn. It is not known which tracks the release will feature, but there’s likely to be at least some small amount of crossover with those included in The Beatles: Rock Band/

The package is obviously expected to perform well at retail this Christmas, Electronic Theatre Imagethough a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is not yet known, it’s likely that the title would follow SingStar: Queen and SingStar ABBA with a £39.99 price-tag, including two microphones.

Source: electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/playstation3/playstation3-news/2889-singstar-the-beatles-rock-band-rumoured

There are lots of Rock Band players out there, including myself, that have a common issue with the Rock Band 2 Wireless Drum Set. The pads start bubbling up and causing miss-hits, making it next to impossible to have a fun time with the set. The ION Drum Rocker was released around the time Rock Band 2 came out and provided an alternative method of playing Rock Band with a set of very sturdy and durable drum pads. However, the cost of $299.99 may have been cost-prohibitive to some gamers.

Well, there is now another option. ION Audio has announced that you may buy a drum pad set without the cymbals, called the ION Drum Rocker Core. The set is now available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and soon for the Wii. This set is priced at $199.99 ($100 less than the ION Drum Rocker) and features the same great features of the original Drum Rocker, except without the cymbals. As an option, you can later upgrade it with the ION Drum Rocker 3-Cymbal Kit, which you can purchase for $129.99.

If you are a drummer in the Rock Band game and you wanted to get into the real deal, you can do it with the ION Drum Rocker Core. ION Audio has an Alesis DM5 Drum Module which you can purchase to transform the ION Drum Rocker Core into a real electronic drum set. The ION Drum Rocker Core is also compatible with a lot of other drum modules.

The ION Drum Rocker Core works with all current games that use drums, such as the new Guitar Hero 5 and The Beatles: Rock Band, which will be released next Tuesday, September 9, 2009. To purchase the Drum Rocker, Drum Rocker Core or any of its accessories, head on over to drumrocker.com.