All Things Rock Band Megathread- Rock Band 3 Coming Soon!

Jan 29, 2009
The Rock Band franchise is a series music video games developed by Harmonix Music Systems.

Rockband.jpg
61btbncD4uL._AA300_.jpg
Rockband3BoxArt.png
51LEdQGTGUL._AA300_.jpg
RockBandGreenDayBoxArt.jpg
LegoRockBandBoxArt.jpg

The game allows players to perform in virtual bands by providing up to four players with the ability to play three different peripherals modeled after music instruments (a guitar peripheral for lead guitar and bass guitar gameplay, a drum peripheral, and a microphone). These peripherals are used to simulate the playing of rock music by hitting scrolling notes on-screen. In addition to the songs included on the game discs there are hundreds of additional downloadable songs are being released via the PSN store; all of these songs, existing and future, are compatible with all Rock Band titles.

(Note: LEGO: Rock Band can only play songs that are rated E)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockband bundles and RB2 track list

Amazon had the bundles at great prices:
Rock Band 1
Rock Band 2

Thanks to dgator783:

All INstruments for RB1, GH:III, GH:WT are compatable with RB2
Features (including information about the new, improved instruments):
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63005

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/17/m...ium-mic-and-m/ ($30 for set of 3 cymbols for the Rock Band drum kit; credit to conover619)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/22/joystiq-e3-sticks-on-ion-premium-drum-set/ (hands on with Ion Drum kit)

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/689324/Real_Rocker_Rocks_ION_Drums.html (Ion Kit review)

Other Features not mentionedin article:
- Voice chat (credit to Supra)
- Trophy support (credit to Supra)
- Intergration of Rock Band.com (credit to Supra)
- 20 more master tracks will be made avaible for free after intial release

Track List (with links to youtube):
(you can also use this site to listen: http://rockerdropper.com/ )

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/artic...page=mediaFull (FC Chart)

1. AC/DC Let There Be Rock 1970s
[media=youtube]98I85ceICRM[/media]
2. AFI Girl's Not Grey 2000s
[media=youtube]8d5WlUR1T3k[/media]
3. Alanis Morissette You Oughta Know 1990s
[media=youtube]Tnbc64XQ1DI[/media]
4. Alice in Chains Man in the Box 1990s
[media=youtube]ZFWkPVHKwCY[/media]
5. Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
[media=youtube]-Bodp4M0ymA[/media]
6. Avenged Sevenfold Almost Easy 2000s
[media=youtube]BRs9z8UfQzY[/media]
7. Bad Company Shooting Star 1970s
[media=youtube]K0kFgVUSj-E[/media]
8. Beastie Boys So Whatcha Want 1990s
[media=youtube]KzaFGMQRBfs[/media]
9. Beck E-Pro 2000s
[media=youtube]Bk40OQCsrTI[/media]
10. Bikini Kill Rebel Girl 1990s
[media=youtube]mZxxhxjgnC0[/media]
11. Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I 1980s
[media=youtube]AofzLsvTsM0[/media]
12. Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
[media=youtube]vhUHdvhMKpg[/media]
13. Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
[media=youtube]mvBkbPEoeAI[/media]
14. Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
[media=youtube]nE11Zrrp24I[/media]
15. Cheap Trick Hello There 1970s
[media=youtube]7Xp_KrbN60I[/media]
16. Devo Uncontrollable Urge 1980s
[media=youtube]bnAXb6gmbOc[/media]
17. Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s
[media=youtube]lyQtZsS9e1Y[/media]
18. Disturbed Down with the Sickness 2000s
[media=youtube]sAmuzdGYGlo[/media]
19. Dream Theater Panic Attack 2000s
[media=youtube]D-Kfcq5KM9o[/media]
20. Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf 1980s
[media=youtube]Lv6Cr5LZStE[/media]
21. Elvis Costello Pump It Up 1970s
[media=youtube]pVngzaBsrSM[/media]
22. Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
[media=youtube]5QkzNLdSp0k[/media]
23. Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s
[media=youtube]4H0BMfqFP9c[/media]
24. Guns N' Roses Shackler's Revenge 2000s
25. Interpol PDA 2000s
[media=youtube]GgTYBdb7eeg[/media]
26. Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
[media=youtube]LgF7yxIjY8E[/media]
27. Jethro Tull Aqualung 1970s
[media=youtube]uF0WdIbt0-s[/media]
28. Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s
[media=youtube]5ukbuwCbK80[/media]
29. Joan Jett Bad Reputation 1980s
[media=youtube]5RAQXg0IdfI[/media]
30. Journey Anyway You Want It 1970s
[media=youtube]LFjKFDvyJ80[/media]
31. Judas Priest Painkiller 1990s
[media=youtube]JAagedeKdcQ[/media]
32. Kansas Carry On Wayward Son 1970s
[media=youtube]CB17uWuBrL0[/media]
33. L7 Pretend We're Dead 1990s <-------(hells yes...this song rocks!)
[media=youtube]g-NNitijboI[/media]
34. Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
[media=youtube]nDaDtHMgVxM[/media]
35. Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s
[media=youtube]P5FvU8qAOGE[/media]
36. Lit My Own Worst Enemy 1990s
[media=youtube]my9zJF6fZ9I[/media]
37. Lush De-Luxe 1990s
[media=youtube]vCvhc2gRBM4[/media]
38. Mastodon Colony of Birchmen 2000s
[media=youtube]-C3UtyK8IAQ[/media]
39. Megadeth Peace Sells 1980s
[media=youtube]1DWoJBHibhM[/media]
40. Metallica Battery 1980s
[media=youtube]oCE1NnvonF0[/media]
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones Where'd You Go 1990s
[media=youtube]ky9m7t4SJsk[/media]
42. Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
[media=youtube]HLkC8l3nJro[/media]
43. Motorhead Ace of Spades 1980s
[media=youtube]ImrtZRrS70w[/media]
44. Nirvana Drain You 1990s
[media=youtube]xC3v537kkaQ[/media]
45. Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky 1960s
[media=youtube]-4mtlqIfukc[/media]
46. Panic at the Disco Nine in the Afternoon 2000s
[media=youtube]yCto3PCn8wo[/media]
47. Paramore That's What You Get 2000s
[media=youtube]fbLQo0FISIw[/media]
48. Pearl Jam Alive 1990s
[media=youtube]e_LQU2-GOXY[/media]
49. Presidents of the USA Lump 1990s
[media=youtube]_sj_U6vObUA[/media]
50. Rage Against the Machine Testify 1990s
[media=youtube]tfhJV9FZGAk[/media]
51. Ratt Round & Round 1980s
[media=youtube]a5gMeXz2YMw[/media]
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away 1990s
[media=youtube]gykBO2sDV-8[/media]
53. Rise Against Give it All 2000s
[media=youtube]8I4nNj1r4uQ[/media]
54. Rush The Trees 1970s
[media=youtube]UWHEcIbhDiw[/media]
55. Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
[media=youtube]z-mxBDuRaZ8[/media]
56. Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
[media=youtube]ZCgG14g1vT0[/media]
57. Social Distortion I Was Wrong 1990s
[media=youtube]vyCERZBxv5Y[/media]
58. Sonic Youth Teenage Riot 1980s
[media=youtube]6rgBPMMJtIg[/media]
59. Soundgarden Spoonman 1990s
[media=youtube]nxtL-_m7fGM[/media]
60. Squeeze Cool for Cats 1970s
[media=youtube]pehHNJWKf3g[/media]
61. Steely Dan Bodhitsattya 1970s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_sab...eature=related
62. Steve Miller Band Rock'n Me 1970s
[media=youtube]eQd6d9h0DiA[/media]
63. Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s
[media=youtube]HHWS0H2JqSU[/media]
64. System of a Down Chop Suey 2000s
[media=youtube]mdRd3k4CIAg[/media]
65. Talking Heads Psycho Killer 1970s
[media=youtube]FzEadbTCKDA[/media]
66. Tenacious D Master Exploder 2000s
[media=youtube]80DtQD5BQ_A[/media]
67. Testament Souls of Black 1990s
[media=youtube]zcu7BVG7JE4[/media]
68. The Donnas New Kid in School 2000s
[media=youtube]3yXW9KTtChk[/media]
69. The Go-Go's We Got the Beat 1980s
[media=youtube]TiCwIPGkTy4[/media]
70. The Grateful Dead Alabama Getaway 1980s
[media=youtube]NNc4rZkWAdw[/media]
71. The Guess Who American Woman 1970s
[media=youtube]n1x6NNNfVJc[/media]
72. The Muffs Kids in America 1990s
[media=youtube]8l78hf1sjBw[/media]
73. The Offspring Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated) 1990s
[media=youtube]yJQFf0qj9Nk[/media]
74. The Replacements Alex Chilton 1980s
[media=youtube]MzbpdtvDNhg[/media]
75. The Who Pinball Wizard 1960s
[media=youtube]poezx4BSj6Q[/media]
Bonus Tracks
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/17/harmonix-no-freezepop-in-rb2-maybe-in-the-dlc/ (why freezepop doesnt appear in RB2...:-(....I want more freezepop damnit!)

76. Abnormality Visions 2000s
[media=youtube]OHzBdpO-whM[/media]
77. Anarchy Club Get Clean 2000s
78. Bang Camaro Night Lies 2000s
79. Breaking Wheel Shoulder to the Plow 2000s <--(Formerly Artillery in GH1)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=723 2076
80. The Libyans Neighborhood 2000s
81. The Main Drag A Jagged Gorgeous Winter 2000s
82. Speck Conventional Lover 2000s
83. The Sterns Supreme Girl 2000s
84. That Handsome Devil Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Harmonix has stated over 500 songs will be avaible by years end including some of the best albums of all-time. We will see. :)

Grammy-Award nominated rapper and man-about-Hollywood Snoop Dogg just landed a new MTV-aired variety with benefits.

The benefits? He's also going to be releasing songs from his "impressive catalog of hits" on Rock Band.

The TV show, called Dogg After Dark, will feature interviews, sketch-comedy and musical performances. It has been picked up for a seven week run on Tuesdays and will also feature Dogg's in-house band, the Snoopeadelics.

"When Van Toffler and I sat down Boss to Boss, a global quintuple threat takeover was masterminded. As the world of entertainment keeps changing, we felt it was the right time to let Snoop Dogg back on MTV so we could continue to run thangs with music, movies, DVDs and bring Hip-Hop to Rock Band." said Snoop Dogg. "So screw ya wigz on tight and tune in on Tuesday nights for the first step to the next level of Snoop D-O double G. Dogg after Dark is the only nightclub tv show hosted by you know who. So take a journey with me through the mind, body, soul and musical mindstate of the most prolific, authentic game spitter. And tha sh*t is funny, so show me da money!"

Unfortunately, while the release goes into quite a bit of detail about the show, it doesn't say much at all about the Rock Band deal.

Source: kotaku.com/5150796/snoop-dogg...g-to-rock-band

I'm really not sure how Rap will work with Rock Band, but I love Rap and Snoop Dogg so I will probably try it out, you never know it might be AWESOME.

Last edited:
DLC Songs for 2/5

Thin Lizzy - Boys Are Back In Town (Live)
Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song (Live)
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (Live)
The Pretenders - Precious
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Nikko - Break My Heart
Nikko - Don't Tell Me

These tracks will be $1.99 a piece, or $5.49 for the Thin Lizzy 3 pack, with the exception of the Nikko tracks which will run $0.99 each.

Reactions: bd251
February 11, 2009 - Did Paul McCartney just pull back the curtain on the upcoming Beatles music game under development by Rock Band impresarios Harmonix? In the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly, the legendary musician revealed that the Beatles game will follow the exploits of the Fab Four over their storied careers.

According to McCartney, "It will feature different periods of the band -- you get early days, Liverpool, then psychedelic, and on from there. It's very cool. And I like the idea that the game introduces kids to music, you know?"

Sounds like the former Beatle is pretty hip to videogames as a means of introducing music to new audiences (although, not all gamers are kids, Sir McCartney). So, it sounds like the Beatles game will drift from the clean-cut days of "Help!" and "A Hard Day's Night" into the more experimental sounds of "Sgt. Pepper" and "Yellow Submarine." Will the game feature stages set in such important locations as Abbey Road Studios the rooftop of the Apple building? Quick, somebody ask McCartney before a Harmonix publicist gets a hold of him.

Harmonix and MTV Games announced today that the officially licensed Rock Band Kick Pedalwith Double Bass Adaptor from Performance Designed Products (PDP) is available now at retail stores. The Rock Band Kick Pedal with Double Bass Adaptor allows players to use two Rock Band kick pedals at the same time. Below is the press release announcing the launch of this hardware peripheral:
HARMONIX, MTV GAMES AND PDP ANNOUNCE THE ROCK BAND® KICK PEDAL WITH DOUBLE BASS ADAPTOR IS NOW AVAILABLE

Officially Licensed Rock Band Pedal Allows Players to Rock Two Pedals at the Same Time for Advanced Game Play

Cambridge, MA – April 7, 2009 -- Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced that the officially licensed Rock Band® Kick Pedalwith Double Bass Adaptor distributed by Performance Designed Products (PDP) is available now at retail stores. The Rock Band Kick Pedal with Double Bass Adaptor is available for the suggested retail price of $24.99.

The officially licensed kick pedal comes bundled with an adaptor that allows players to use two Rock Band kick pedals at the same time. The Rock Band Kick Pedal with Double Bass Adaptor works with all Rock Band and Rock Band 2 games and functions with all in-game tracks including freestyle and drum fill sections [1]. In addition, the Rock Band Kick Pedal with Double Bass Adaptor is also compatible with Guitar Hero® World Tour and Guitar Hero®: Metallica® when used in conjunction with a Rock Band drum set.

The Rock Band Kick Pedal with Double Bass Adaptor is universally compatible with Rock Band drum kits for Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo.

Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen with descriptors of lyrics and mild suggestive themes by the ESRB. Rock Band 2 is rated “T” for Teen with descriptors of lyrics and suggestive themes by the ESRB.

For more information about Rock Band, please visit rockband.com

Last edited:
I wonder if they are ever going to cross languages :) lol I wouldn't mind buying some Spanish rock :) maybe I should email Harmonix.

I haven't had time to play this in a while, since I got a new PS3 I was unable to move my save file so I have to start again I already had all the West Coast venues open! damn it!

Apple Corps Ltd. and EMI Music are delighted to announce the release of the original Beatles catalogue, which has been digitally re-mastered for the first time, Electronic Theatre Imagefor worldwide CD release on Wednesday, September 9th, 2009, the same date as the release of the widely anticipated The Beatles: Rock Band videogame. Each of the CDs is packaged with replicated original UK album art, including expanded booklets containing original and newly written liner notes and rare photos. For a limited period, each CD will also be embedded with a brief documentary film about the album. On the same date, two new Beatles boxed CD collections will also be released.

The albums have been re-mastered by a dedicated team of engineers at EMI’s Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilising state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release.

The collection comprises all 12 Beatles albums in stereo, with track listings and artwork as originally released in the UK, and Magical Mystery Tour, which became part of The Beatles’ core catalogue when the CDs were first released in 1987. In addition, the collections Past Masters Vol. I and II are now combined as one title, for a total of 14 titles over 16 discs. This will mark the first time that the first four Beatles albums will be available in stereo in their entirety on compact disc. These 14 albums, along with a DVD collection of the documentaries, will also be available for purchase together in a stereo boxed set.

Within each CD’s new packaging, booklets include detailed historical notes along with informative recording notes. With the exception of the Past Masters set, newly produced mini-documentaries on the making of each album, directed by Bob Smeaton, are included as QuickTime files on each album. The documentaries contain archival footage, rare photographs and never-before-heard studio chat from The Beatles, offering a unique and very personal insight into the studio atmosphere.

A second boxed set has been created with the collector in mind. The Beatles in Mono gathers together, in one place, all of the Beatles recordings that were mixed for a mono release. It will contain 10 of the albums with their original mono mixes, plus two further discs of mono masters (covering similar ground to the stereo tracks on Past Masters). As an added bonus, the mono Help! and Rubber Soul discs also include the original 1965 stereo mixes, which have not been previously released on CD. These albums will be packaged in mini-vinyl CD replicas of the original sleeves with all original inserts and label designs retained.

Discussions regarding the digital distribution of the catalogue will apparently continue, though there is no further information available at this time.

Source: electronictheatre.co.uk/articles/archive/2009/the-beatles-rock-band-dated-06080409/

Last edited:
Guns N' Roses latest album Chinese Democracy was released last November. People waited 15 years for it! Thankfully, Rock Band downloadable content is faster.

The Chinese Democracy album will be released in its entirely on the Rock Band Music Store. One album track, Shackler's Revenge, already appears on Rock Band 2 — foreshadowing!

Tracks on the DLC album include: Chinese Democracy, Better, Street of Dreams, If the World, There Was a Time, Catcher in the Rye, Scraped, Riad N' the Bedouins, Sorry, I.R.S., Madagascar, This I Love and Prostitute.

The album or individual tracks will be available to purchase for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Only individual tracks will be available for the Wii. The Chinese Democracy DLC will be out on April 14, roughly six months after the album was released. If only Guns N' Roses could get an album out that fast.

Source: Kotaku

I don't know if it's releasing on a disc, check out PSN store they might be there already. All GH instruments work with RB2 now. I usually play with my GH3 guitar on RB.