Ambulance - In theaters April 8, 2022

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Ambulance

Tagline: It was supposed to be a simple heist.

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Michael Bay

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Eiza González, Garret Dillahunt, Keir O'Donnell, Moses Ingram, A Martinez, Wale Folarin, Cedric Sanders, Jackson White, Colin Woodell, Olivia Stambouliah, Jesse Garcia, Victor Gojcaj, Remi Adeleke, Devan Long, Gary Sievers

Release: 2022-02-17

Plot: Decorated veteran Will Sharp, desperate for money to cover his wife's medical bills, asks for help from the one person he knows he shouldn't—his adoptive brother Danny. A charismatic career criminal, Danny instead offers him a score: the biggest bank heist in Los Angeles history: $32 million. With his wife's survival on the line, Will can't say no.

285890_front.jpg

Wasn't aware of this film until I saw the trailer today before Matrix Resurrection. Looks good

I knew this was going to be my type of movie, but I did not expect to like it that much! It was awesome, but not perfect. For that, it'd need a whole different ending.

There's no way any one of those 4 bags fit 8 million - that's 80 packs of 100k, like the one he hid later on. It'd maybe fit 2 at most, but I guess we can't have them hauling 16 bags...
Quite the paramedic the whole fuss is about, for half the movie she didn't think to take off the vest and check for other wounds, wondering 'where's all this blood coming from', oh well, let it drip, I'm a stupid former addict anyway.
The always dying cop, that I couldn't wait see die already, suddenly stops dying the last third of the movie, probably because he was all cut up, and 'operated' on Shyamalan's Old style, but what do I know.
High point of the movie is when friendly Mexican 'vatos' blow up and shoot up a bunch of stupid cops, GTA 5 way. I was honestly cheering! I think I'm a bad person. Not very well adjusted.
Glad to see Garret Dillahunt, his character was the only good new thing on the ruined Fear the Walking Dead series past season 3, with the new wussy showrunners.
Probably last time they got to call that arena in LA the Staples Center, next time we'll hopefully hear Crypto.com Arena, yeah!
Also it looks mostly filmed for real, with only a couple small CGI moments, that even Bay himself reportedly called "$#!t", so that's something you don't see nowadays. There's a good simultaneous double car hit and flip, but due to bad editing, it still looked better in Ecks vs Sever.
Some nice 'anti-establishment' comments slipped through, like a veteran being denied insurance, or the other former military guys talking about delivering such big bags of money to the Taliban, because hypocritical US government financed them. :thumbs:
Oh, and everyone, from the FBI agent to the regular ambulance EMT, use the new expensive foldable screen Thinkpads. Probably a sponsor.
The whole police seems to be better funded, than in Beverly Hills, having dozens of latest muscle cars at their disposal. In real life, some actually drive away from the chase, because cops don't have anything that fast. That doesn't apply here to a slow and cumbersome ambulance, so it's all just flash for show. But I'll take it any day over another CGI abomination.
With 2:16 runtime, I thought the last 16 minutes on a big movie like that would be credits, but they're only last 2-3 minutes, scenes continue up to 2:13 basically, so they can fit them compactly, plus it's all thousands of CGI geeks from 20 crews from a dozen countries in those other 'films' anyway, proving we're usually watching cartoons, including Bay's own incoherent Transformers mesh.
This is Bay's back to Bad Boys form, the first one, and I really like it!

Last edited:
Reactions: apsmith21
I knew this was going to be my type of movie, but I did not expect to like it that much! It was awesome, but not perfect. For that, it'd need a whole different ending.

There's no way any one of those 4 bags fit 8 million - that's 80 packs of 100k, like the one he hid later on. It'd maybe fit 2 at most, but I guess we can't have them hauling 16 bags...
Quite the paramedic the whole fuss is about, for half the movie she didn't think to take off the vest and check for other wounds, wondering 'where's all this blood coming from', oh well, let it drip, I'm a stupid former addict anyway.
The always dying cop, that I couldn't wait see die already, suddenly stops dying the last third of the movie, probably because he was all cut up, and 'operated' on Shyamalan's Old style, but what do I know.
High point of the movie is when friendly Mexican 'vatos' blow up and shoot up a bunch of stupid cops, GTA 5 way. I was honestly cheering! I think I'm a bad person. Not very well adjusted.
Glad to see Garret Dillahunt, his character was the only good new thing on the ruined Fear the Walking Dead series past season 3, with the new wussy showrunners.
Probably last time they got to call that arena in LA the Staples Center, next time we'll hopefully hear Crypto.com Arena, yeah!
Also it looks mostly filmed for real, with only a couple small CGI moments, that even Bay himself reportedly called "$#!t", so that's something you don't see nowadays. There's a good simultaneous double car hit and flip, but due to bad editing, it still looked better in Ecks vs Sever.
Some nice 'anti-establishment' comments slipped through, like a veteran being denied insurance, or the other former military guys talking about delivering such big bags of money to the Taliban, because hypocritical US government financed them. :thumbs:
Oh, and everyone, from the FBI agent to the regular ambulance EMT, use the new expensive foldable screen Thinkpads. Probably a sponsor.
The whole police seems to be better funded, than in Beverly Hills, having dozens of latest muscle cars at their disposal. In real life, some actually drive away from the chase, because cops don't have anything that fast. That doesn't apply here to a slow and cumbersome ambulance, so it's all just flash for show. But I'll take it any day over another CGI abomination.
With 2:16 runtime, I thought the last 16 minutes on a big movie like that would be credits, but they're only last 2-3 minutes, scenes continue up to 2:13 basically, so they can fit them compactly, plus it's all thousands of CGI geeks from 20 crews from a dozen countries in those other 'films' anyway, proving we're usually watching cartoons, including Bay's own incoherent Transformers mesh.
This is Bay's back to Bad Boys form, the first one, and I really like it!

I read your entire post and I’m still left wondering how hot Ms. Gonzalez is in this
oscars red carpet GIF by E!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database