AMC Theaters to Switch to 'Super HD' 4K PROJECTION

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
"4K digital projection is so sharp and so rock-steady you really see every detail," says Kim Libreri, visual effects supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic. "It doesn't look like movies you've seen in the past. It's got this hyper-real quality."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=2222&cs=1

amc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jcm and blumaster
since its super hd....another reason to hike up the prices on everything including pop corn that costs 1 dollar to make but you pay 12.

I agree. I only go to see movies now when it is something I really love, like Avengers, Star Wars or high end genre I love. Blu-rays I also buy a lot and even though they are very clear with great sound......I doubt it will blow theatres away when it comes to size, but I guess it depends on your view nowadays. I'd rather wish they would skip theaters altogether and let us VOD it for a day, then I can at least pause it when need be. I have a 5 year old that cannot hold her bladder well. I was watching Iron Man 3 and she had to go at least 3 times. Very annoying.

I agree. I only go to see movies now when it is something I really love, like Avengers, Star Wars or high end genre I love. Blu-rays I also buy a lot and even though they are very clear with great sound......I doubt it will blow theatres away when it comes to size, but I guess it depends on your view nowadays. I'd rather wish they would skip theaters altogether and let us VOD it for a day, then I can at least pause it when need be. I have a 5 year old that cannot hold her bladder well. I was watching Iron Man 3 and she had to go at least 3 times. Very annoying.

they have VOD for New films in the theaters but its like 1k per film with a 100k per year membership