'American Reunion' - In theaters May 24,2012

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott and Eugene Levy are already signed, with Universal in negotiations with Thomas Ian Nicholas, Tara Reid, Chris Klein, Mena Suvari and Jennifer Coolidge.

The studio is hoping to bring back most of the original cast, including Alyson Hannigan, who currently plays Lily Aldrin in CBS's "How I Met Your Mother," and Shannon Elizabeth.

The movie has a start date of May 24.

Scott, who played Steve Stifler in the first three installments in the franchise, checked himself into a treatment program "to address health and personal issues," the actor announced Tuesday. An individual close to the production says this is not expected to affect the production.

"Harold & Kumar's" Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are writing and directing. Chris Moore and Craig Perry will produce with Adam Herz and Paul & Chris Weitz executive producing.

Universal's senior executive VP of production, Peter Cramer, and creative executive Kiska Higgs will oversee the project for the studio.

The previous three "American Pie" movies grossed a total of nearly $755 million at the worldwide box office. The first of the series, 1999's "American Pie," grossed $235 million and had an $11 million budget. The second, 2001's "American Pie 2," took in $287 million and had a $30 million budget. The third, 2003's "American Wedding," grossed $231 million and had a $55 million budget.

In 2005, Universal released "American Pie Presents Band Camp" direct to DVD. Levy starred.

Key members of the original cast of "American Pie" will reunite for "American Reunion," which will bring the popular franchise back to movie theaters, rather than direct-to-DVD, TheWrap has learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: digitalbabe
I went to see an advanced screening and really liked it.

One was great. Two ad three were both decent but felt like money grabs (a bit)... But this one felt like the first one. You could tell they all were happy to be back... The cast looked like they were having a lot of fun and it translated well to the screen. I was really pleased.

Huge fan of the first, 2 and 3 were good fun so needless to say myself and all of my friends are really looking forward to this!

American Pie Marathon completed with American Reunion!
I was 18 in 1999 when the first AP came out. Just as those teenage dork...
and now 13 years later... It's like looking in a mirror!!! :rolleyes:

I laught the ENTIRE movie! Turn your brain off and enjoy! :hilarious:

Watched 1, 2 and 3 at the weekend ready for friday when me, my partner and a load of friends are going to watch American Reunion. Cannot wait!

Watched 1, 2 and 3 at the weekend ready for friday when me, my partner and a load of friends are going to watch American Reunion. Cannot wait!

That's the best way to truly enjoy American Reunion! :scat:
So many memories... :drool:

When the first movie came out I was 15 and me and about 10 friends went and watched it at the cinema, lots of memories :D

Saw this over the weekend with the free movie cash:D funny and awesome movie:) it was great to see the whole cast back together just like old times:cool: perfect ending to the series plus the so called 18 year old wasn't bad looking either:D if you catch my drift.

Saw this last night.

Absolutely superb!! Keeps the great humour from the first movie and takes it that little bit further. Great to see all the cast back too!